Can I Make Cuban Twist Hair Match My Texture?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Just looking for opinion/ideas. I've been despirately wanting to make some curly clip ins to add color to my hair. I'm bored with my hair and I don't want to dye it. It's too fragile. Im thinking I can roll the twist hair in a perm rod the size of my curls and dip in in hot water?

Any ideas welcome, or hair recommendations (cheap please lol). I'm not paying $100 for these clip ins everyone is doing vids on lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Sally's sells the clips for $1 or $2. I usually make my own clip ins by sewing hair or wefts on the clips. Great idea btw

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
This is Cuban twist hair. I've seen people curl this and Marley hair and it silkens out a lot. I just want some color added to my hair and I'm clueless what kind of hair to get. I'm not willing to pay a lot cuz I already put enough into my hair care lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 24

Honey Bee

Rods might work, but I think the texture of your hair is silkier than the Cuban twist hair, no? If so, just dip it in boiling water for a few secs, unrolled. That will make it silkier. Then, roll it and re-dip.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Rods might work, but I think the texture of your hair is silkier than the Cuban twist hair, no? If so, just dip it in boiling water for a few secs, unrolled. That will make it silkier. Then, roll it and re-dip.
Yes it is silkier and finer. Thanks for that tip! Any idea what size rods? I have some perm rods but they are too big of a curl.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I saw these on eBay and I think they look pretty close to my hair. They don't have purple like I want though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20

Honey Bee

Yes it is silkier and finer. Thanks for that tip! Any idea what size rods? I have some perm rods but they are too big of a curl.

Let me ask you, do you already have the hair? Cuz if not, you could just buy some (cheaper :look:) bulk braiding hair and curl that. Close to your texture and one less step.

Rod size? I'm honestly not sure bc, when I do it, I use 1.5-2" flexis. You should be able to find that info on yt, tho. Or, you could just start a new thread called "What size rods make 3 b/c curls?" :lol: