can I press my hair and where can I find "WGO"

CHOCOLATECHILD

can I press my hair and where can I find \"WGO\"

O.K. laides I feel really strange asking this question but what is "WGO" I read it in several posts on the old board and I what to know where I can get it so I can sing its praises too!!! and also I've been growing my hair out since last summer and it went from a very short do to being a little past my collar. I haven't had a relaxer since July of this year and I was wondering if I could press it. If you ladies who press your hair could give the the information I need I'd really appreciate it!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

auntybe

Re: can I press my hair and where can I find \"WGO\"

Hey! I live in the Queen City too. How much new growth do you have? You might have some breakage. I waited about 5 mos. after my relaxer before I pressed and I had some shedding. What kind of conditioners do you use to stregthen your hair?

You can find WGO at TiSun, Sally's and Iman beauty supply here.

CHOCOLATECHILD

I may have about 3 inches of new growth...probably more than that. I got my ends trimmed the 10th of this month and she said that my hair was in good condition. But, I think I do have alot of shedding but that may come from the change in weather and that I've changed my haircare routine to using olive oil colesterol conditioner after I shampoo once a week and Suave coconut for my conditioner washes every other day. As for a protein conditioner I don't have one /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Can you recommend anything I could really use some help...Thanks /images/graemlins/confused.gif

auntybe

I would try Aphogee or Motions CPR. I have used Aphogee and got good results. I know a few ladies on the board use CPR and seem to get good results. Keep using the olive oil and cholestrol they will keep your hair moist and strengthen it.

CHOCOLATECHILD

Thanks ladies, there is a beauty supply store maybe 3 minutes from my house so I'll stop by this evening and get the WGO and a jar of motions CPR. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Chocolatechild,

WGO stands for Wild Growth Hair Oil is a concentrated oil that is used to help detangle your hair and press amongst other things. There is a website http://www.wildgrowth.com. Sure you can press it. I will tell you this though, the best thing I have used is a curling iron to press my hair. You can also use a flat iron. The reason I say this is because when I pressed with a pressing comb it wasn't good for the ends. The flat iron and curling iron preserves your ends because you are flatening them oppose to pulling them out. It also seem to make my hair shine more.

skegeesmb

I use a curling iron too. I use it because I find my curls come right back after I shampoo. When I straightened a long time ago before I got my ralaxer, I strecthed out a lot of the curl and lost the curl in certain sections of my hair.

You can get WGHO at Sally's be careful though because they also sell a WildGrowth Oil that is not the same as the Wildgrowth Hair Oil.