Can One Dye A Human Hair Ponytail?

danysedai

I've been searching for a human hair ponytail (hard to find,specially in Canada, don't know why) and finally bought one. They had only one left in a 1B colour and none in a colour 1 (my hair is dyed with Bigen Oriental Black). The salesgirl said they do not guarantee that it will come out ok if I dye it but they don't do returns anyway.

Has anyone dyed a human hair ponytail or wig before with good results?

Oh and now that I've seen how they are made, next time I'll do my own. But I already paid for this one, how can I make it work?

ajargon02

Of it's human hair then you can color it. You may have to just put a rinse in it to make it darker. Otherwise if you are going lighter you will have to lift the current color then apply the color you want.
I know a LOT of pony s are human hair blends. If that's the case only the human hair bits will color.

EbonyB

Thanks ladies! It's all human hair according to the package. I'll try using Bigen.
I have been able to dye all my ponytails, human and synthetic with the exception of one. It's my fav and I've tried 3 times. It really just depends. You will have to do it in order to find out.