can someone explain how castor oil works to thicken hair?

blessedandlucky

i've read many times that it's been recommended for this, but, does anyone know how it works? what has been your experience with it?

thanks.

Eisani

IDK, I always thought castor oil gave the APPEARANCE of thicker hair which gave me the impression that the results were only temporary. Doesn't matter either way because I love it. Interesting.

chebaby

IDK, I always thought castor oil gave the APPEARANCE of thicker hair which gave me the impression that the results were only temporary. Doesn't matter either way because I love it. Interesting.
when i add it in my deep conditioner it makes my hair feel thicker but i know if i dont use it the next time my hair wont feel thick. so it is temporary. but i love to deep condition with it because i get the impression it helps when i flat iron.

mscocoface

I have been using Castor Oil for years but only on my ends. I have missed the posts stating that it thickens the hair.

Blaque*Angel

not sure how it thickens hair but it certaonly does, i use jamaican castor oil, have been for nearly five years and my hair has gone from thin to thick!!!

covington

i've read many times that it's been recommended for this, but, does anyone know how it works? what has been your experience with it?

thanks.

I 've been using castor oil since August and it has thicken my hair in my thinning section. I add it with my other oils and conditioners.
It's a keeper for me!

I have done some research on fish oil, and it is known to be good for hair loss and thinning. I've tried fish oil and it made my hair so silky.
I use the capsules every other night. Guess what? And it doesn't smell bad at all. After I put the fish oil in my hair then I use some hair lotion. I love the results from fish oil. Also good for weight loss. Check out the website about different oils.

www.healthyoilplanet.com

sqzbly1908

I 've been using castor oil since August and it has thicken my hair in my thinning section. I add it with my other oils and conditioners.
It's a keeper for me!

I have done some research on fish oil, and it is known to be good for hair loss and thinning. I've tried fish oil and it made my hair so silky.
I use the capsules every other night. Guess what? And it doesn't smell bad at all. After I put the fish oil in my hair then I use some hair lotion. I love the results from fish oil. Also good for weight loss. Check out the website about different oils.

www.healthyoilplanet.com

Thanks for the website!!! There is some great information on there!

ChasingBliss

I dont know. I've learned to stop hyping single products because there was never really a time when I've used just ONE single thing for a single result. Not knocking anything though. For example: If im using msm, omega 369, castor oil, hair vits and my hair starts getting thicker and longer.... what could I credit? They are all for the health, length and thickness of my hair.

Lucky's Mom

I dont know. I've learned to stop hyping single products because there was never really a time when I've used just ONE single thing for a single result. Not knocking anything though. For example: If im using msm, omega 369, castor oil, hair vits and my hair starts getting thicker and longer.... what could I credit? They are all for the health, length and thickness of my hair.

I agree. What I have noticed is that internal factors affect my hair much more than outside factors. - Not saying that external stuff is not important.