Can someone sum up what is going on in the "Drink your way to waistlength" thread?

ellebelle88

I used to follow this thread religiously when it was first started. I wanted to do this, but money would not allow me to have a shake everyday. Anyhoo, I know that people did try it and there was supposed to be a reveal of their hair after a period of months. Did this ever happen? Where can I find the pics at? What are people saying about what the shake is doing for them? It must be good since the thread has over 4000 replies!

I'm excited about hearing what is going on in this thread and what people are doing now. I would definitely try this now if people are getting great results from it. I keep trying to understand what is going on by skipping through the pages since 4000 pages is obviously a lot to read, but I'm not finding the info I want. Please break it down for a sista. Thanks!

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Last edited:

gn1g

Re: Can someone sum up what is going on in the "Drink your way to waistlength" thread

Ljbee, let us know. Not a personal message matter.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Re: Can someone sum up what is going on in the "Drink your way to waistlength" thread

To sum it up ...

We are gaining hair thickness and hair growth - very quickly. My hair is growing back in thin spots. Thank God!
I've doubled my hair thickness in a year, but i'm picture shy. I am recovering from alopecia and not at all gung-ho about posting pics. (Y'all make a gal hairnorexic). I grow and cut, grow and cut, so my progress can't be fully appreciated by an observer (or it probably could, i dunno). My hair is grazing bsl, but I've cut the really damaged see-through ends. I'm still on my journey, and I'm satisifed. I wouldn't continue with the cocktail if it wasn't bringing satisfactory results. I've gotten quite a few positively beaming comments and have started those around me on the cocktail because they see the transformation in my hair.

Our bodies are definitely reaping the rewards.
Your hair will have a natural luster and sheen. (My hair detangles easily and I heart my texture.)
Your nails will be super hard and grow really fast.
Your eyebrows and lashes will grow quickly. (My eyebrows and lashes have filled in - I lost them when I went through my bout with alopecia.)
You'll look years younger. Fine lines will disappear as well as under-eye circles.
You'll get bigger, perkier boobs.
Your libido will also improve.
Your skin will glow and scars will fade quickly.
Additionally, you'll have more energy and resist disease better. (I get a great energy boost and much needed focus after having my morning cocktail).

I have posted some pics and so have others throughout the thread.

I plan on taking pics in March, my 2 year LHCF anniversary.

Last edited:

Wildkat08

Great Thread!!! I too have been interested in that thread, but it is sooooo overwhelming. Is everyone using the same cocktail over there, or are there different versions?

Platinum

To sum it up ...

We are gaining hair thickness and hair growth - very quickly. My hair is growing back in thin spots. Thank God!
I've doubled my hair thickness in a year, but i'm picture shy. I am recovering from alopecia and not at all gung-ho about posting pics. (Y'all make a gal hairnorexic). I grow and cut, grow and cut, so my progress can't be fully appreciated by an observer (or it probably could, i dunno). My hair is grazing bsl, but I've cut the really damaged see-through ends. I'm still on my journey, and I'm satisifed. I wouldn't continue with the cocktail if it wasn't bringing satisfactory results. I've gotten quite a few comments and have started those around me on the cocktail because they see the transformation in my hair.

Your hair will have a natural luster and sheen. (My hair detangles easily and I heart my texture.)
Your eyebrows and lashes will grow quickly. (My eyebrows and lashes have filled in - I lost them when I went through my bout with alopecia.)
You'll look years younger. Fine lines will disappear as well as under-eye circles.
Additionally, you'll have more energy and resist disease better. (I get a great energy boost and much needed focus after having my morning cocktail).

I haven't been consistent with my shake :wallbash::wallbash: but I reaped these same benefits when I did. I have to add that my skin was glowing when I was consistent with the shake.:yep: I need to make an effort to have one everyday now. Thanks Br*nze!:kiss:

Vintageglam

Is there a recipe for the shake without raw eggs - I live in the UK and wouldn't be confident about drinking raw eggs over here after all the palava we have had with Egg & meat scandals and all....:perplexed

To sum it up ...

I've doubled my hair thickness in a year, but i'm picture shy. I am recovering from alopecia and not at all gung-ho about posting pics. (Y'all make a gal hairnorexic). I grow and cut, grow and cut, so my progress can't be fully appreciated by an observer (or it probably could, i dunno). My hair is grazing bsl, but I've cut the really damaged see-through ends. I'm still on my journey, and I'm satisifed. I wouldn't continue with the cocktail if it wasn't bringing satisfactory results. I've gotten quite a few comments and have started those around me on the cocktail because they see the transformation in my hair.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

There are variations of the cocktail, yes. Almost everyone started with the original recipe and tweaked it to suit their tastes/needs. I think everyone uses the basic recipe and just adds to it. We actually started a Cocktail Mixologist thread that lists different recipes.
Great Thread!!! I too have been interested in that thread, but it is sooooo overwhelming. Is everyone using the same cocktail over there, or are there different versions?

Stellagirl76, some have opted for powdered eggs - pricey, but very effective. I understand your concern and wouldn't take the risk if I were in the UK.
Is there a recipe for the shake without raw eggs - I live in the UK and wouldn't be confident about drinking raw eggs over here after all the palava we have had with Egg & meat scandals and all....:perplexed

Gemini350z

Interesting, I will have to look at this thread!

Cheekychica

It sounds amazing so I may have to wade into that thread too. God be with me :perplexed So many pages to read.

Thanks for posting this thread OP! And thanks BB for your concise summary - I drink a protein shake for breakfast everyday. How does this affect your body diet/weight wise? I track my calories pretty rigorously. TIA :)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Mrs. D~ That's tricky. For some it has caused weight loss, for others weight gain. I think it has to do with added ingredients and whether you monitor your eating for the rest of the day...you can't drink the cocktail and have breakfast, for instance. I wouldn't add protein powder to the cocktail if you aren't strictly monitoring your diet/cals. Others have food allergies that caused them to gain a dramatic amount of weight - only one person comes to mind, but something to consider, nonetheless.

It has helped curtail my appetite and boost my metabolism. HOWEVER, I eat whatever I want, and my weight has been consistent. When I watched my carb intake, i dropped weight very quickly.

Some Egglettes have the cocktails twice daily, some double the amount of egg in their cocktail with awesome results.

Considering a 2010 Challenge, if anyone's interested, drop in the cocktail thread and let me know.

gn1g

Mrs. D~ That's tricky. For some it has caused weight loss, for others weight gain. I think it has to do with added ingredients and whether you monitor your eating for the rest of the day...you can't drink the cocktail and have breakfast, for instance. I wouldn't add protein powder to the cocktail if you aren't strictly monitoring your diet/cals. Others have food allergies that caused them to gain a dramatic amount of weight - only one person comes to mind, but something to consider, nonetheless.

It has helped curtail my appetite and boost my metabolism. HOWEVER, I eat whatever I want, and my weight has been consistent. When I watched my carb intake, i dropped weight very quickly.

Some Egglettes have the cocktails twice daily, some double the amount of egg in their cocktail with awesome results.

Considering a 2010 Challenge, if anyone's interested, drop in the cocktail thread and let me know.

I am going to try this cocktail for about 3 weeks in February. Hopefully I will lose weight if not I will discontinue it quickly.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

We'll be waiting for you at the nest, Gn1g!!