Can we have a vitamin challenge to aid in hair growth?

NYRICAN1

I was thinking of incorporating some vitamins into my regimen for the summer to try to up my growth. I am 2 inches shy of armpit length now and would like to get there for my vacation in August. I know its a stretch but I am hitting this full blast. I am already in the no comb challenge and am stretching my relaxer to bet (10-12 weeks). Can we also name the vitamins we are using.

My regimen would be as follows:
msm
biotin 2500 mcg
ultra nourishhair (which also has biotin 1200)
fish oils supplement from gnc
b complex vitamin from gnc
folic acid

ravenmerlita

I'd like to join the challenge. The vitamins/supplements I take are:

msm powder
InVite DHT
biotin 2500 mcg
therapro hairgain

Candy_C

i'm in..

i've upped my biotin to 2,000mcg {soon to be 3,000, then 4,000 and eventuary 5,000 - 5mg}
B-50 complex
Flax Oil
Super One
and i want to add L-Cysteine!

Catina72

Count me in! I take MSM capsules 3000mg, L-Lysine 500mg, Hair,skin and nail vitamin 3 each day, 25,000iu of Beta Carotene.

michc

Count me in too.

I'm 3 inches short of arm pit length and I want to get there on/before my birthday in November.

I'll take

Biotin
L-cysteine
Flaxseed Oil
B-vitamins

:)

Candy_C

michc said:
Count me in too.

I'm 3 inches short of arm pit length and I want to get there on/before my birthday in November.

I'll take

Biotin
L-cysteine
Flaxseed Oil
B-vitamins

Excellent selection of vitamins for hair growth and thickness!

michc

Excellent selection of vitamins for hair growth and thickness!

Wooohoooo! Candy C that comment coming from you has made me tooo excited now!!! Your album is bookmarked as one of my favourites. :notworthy

Now I can't wait to start this challenge :yay: :band2: :trampolin

KiniKakes

I'm so in!!!!!

The vitamins I take (2x per day) are:

Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex
Flax Seed Oil 1000
Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nails

And I also take Pure MSM powder.

OneInAMillion

I'm in! Here's what I've been taking for the past month:

Biotin (5000mcg)
Evening Primrose Oil (1 gel tab)
MSM Powder (8000mg/day if I take in a shake, 4000 if I just take with water)

Candy_C

michc said:
Wooohoooo! Candy C that comment coming from you has made me tooo excited now!!! Your album is bookmarked as one of my favourites. :notworthy

Now I can't wait to start this challenge :yay: :band2: :trampolin
hahah, its a pleasure!

Where do you get your L-Cysteine from? Have you tried the Holland And Barret's one? its called N-Acytl-L-Cysteine and its supposed to be verrrrrrrrrrrry potent...:D

michc

Where do you get your L-Cysteine from? Have you tried the Holland And Barret's one? its called N-Acytl-L-Cysteine and its supposed to be verrrrrrrrrrrry potent...

No, I've just ordered some from Puritans Pride (www.puritans.com), buy 1 get 2 free :eek: :woot: (I can't resist a bargain!!).

I didn't realise that you are in the UK....so much respect from a fellow UK sista :lol:

lyndiii

I'd like to join, currently I'm taking 2000 mg Flax seed Oil, 22 mg Silica and Vicol Great Hair daily.
Is there something I can add to boost more hair growth.

Candy_C

lyndiii said:
I'd like to join, currently I'm taking 2000 mg Flax seed Oil, 22 mg Silica and Vicol Great Hair daily.
Is there something I can add to boost more hair growth.

get yourself some b50 and biotin!!!

lana

I guess I'm in anyways because I take daily:

5,000mcg Biotin
Super Stress B-complex
1 a day vitamin

I'll add in a Hair Vitamin especially for this challenge. As a side note, last week I thought my friends was taking 1 Biotin pill with 5,000mcg and I went home and took three of mine without reading the bottle because I assumed it was 1,000mcg per pill. WELLLL....it turned out that each pill has 5,000mcg's and that means I took three of those! OHMYGOD! Well don't worry, no negative side affects so far....my eyebrows that were waxed last week grew in over the weekend...and that's about it.

LOL

NYRICAN1

Great!! When should we post results??? should we make this a 30 day challenge or maybe longer to actually see some results?

ONAMSHN

I am in...
I take 10,000 Biotin
1 Super B complex
2,000 MSM
Maybe I can be consistent if I know I have to report back to someone!!!
Do I need to take anything else???????????

soul_sista

Im in for it.
I recently started taking
Flaxseed
Hair, Skin, and Nails
Biotin
One A Day Womens

and looking to add more later

Demi27

I'm definitely in !
Here's what I'm taking:
Flaxseed Oil
B-150 Complex
GNC Ultra NourishHair
MSM 2000 mg
Biotin 1200 mg
Twinlab Hair Factors (Has L-Cysteine in it)

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
michc said:
Count me in too.

I'll take

Biotin
L-cysteine
Flaxseed Oil
B-vitamins

I need to start taking vitamins, not just for growth but health. This list sounds good, but will add my multivitamin.

hairlover

i'm in, i'll be taking:

7500mcg biotin------vitaminshoppe.com
2000mg msm---------gnc
500mg horsetail------gnc
2x multi-vitamin------vitaminshoppe.com
super omega 3 complex ( has flaxseed oil in it)----wal-mart
amino acids 1500-----vitaminshoppe.com
onesource- hair,skin & nails(2500mcg biotin, 100 mg-l-cysteine, 100 mg msm in it)---------------wal-mart

MzOptimistic

I am definitely in. I am currently taking Shen Min advanced formula for women, biotin, and gueye vitamins. What else should I take to boost my hair growth.

Tanya

NYRICAN1

tsmith said:
I am definitely in. I am currently taking Shen Min advanced formula for women, biotin, and gueye vitamins. What else should I take to boost my hair growth.

Tanya

Ive heard some good things about shen min. Let us know how it works out

FineChyna

count me in. i am taking
GNC-hair skin & nails
flax seed oil-1000mcg
biotin-5000mcg

for those that are taking nioxin-do you take 1 tablet or 2. the formula appears to be less potent than GNC HSN or ultranourish hair. i took it and didn't see any results at all. i tried 2 bottles. i want to try it again so i have something to switch up when i think my body is getting used to the HSN formula