Can we have a vitamin challenge to aid in hair growth?

MzOptimistic

Well Fine China,

I have been taking the shen min vitamins and biotin vitamins for three months now and I am no expert yet but I'm learning and becoming more knowledgable thanks to you ladies. What I see is my new growth is coming in now at 3 weeks post retouch and it seems softer because before I joined this board my ng use to be dry and rough now I have to really feel my hair to make sure I actually have ng and what I feel are soft waves. The shen min label says you need to take the vits for three months to really maximize growth but it is growing faster and I can't wait until these vits really gets in my system.

Cooyah

count me in, for right now i'm taking Miracle 2000 liquid multivitamin, i'll restart my MSM powder soon and then add my biotin and pantothenic acid

CoCoKisses

I'm in!!! :D I have the vits i'm taking in my siggy and can't wait to see where it takes me!
When does this end again?

redruby

i am in!!!!!!!!!!!!! i currently take
powder msm from bio alternatives
GNC ultranourishhair
silica
vitamin c
flaxseed oil capsules and oil
B-complex
Biotin 1000mcg

no more i am afraid i am taking too much already, that's why i drink alot of water:)

ArizonaBeauty

I'm in....

Currently taking: One Source Hair, Skin & Nails w/2500mcg Biotin, 1000 mg Flaxseed, 500 mg of MSM and 500mg Vit. C w/rose hips.

Candy_C

sexy c said:
Count me in to, i take b-50 complex, bitoin, and sea kelp.

Another excellent selection!

Aug 31st sounds great! i have the N-Acytel-Cysteine but i'm not starting it until July 1st, so i can get my skin back to its clearest after that msm !!

Alliyasmom

I'm in...I'm currently taking GNC's Hair, Skin, and Nails, Biotin 2500, Flax Seed Oil, & Super B Complex. I'm thinking about adding MSM to my regime also.

sassyhair

What vitamin would you all suggest to strenthen hair follicles to stop shedding and breakage?

I need only two vitamins one for growth and one for strength of follicles.

I need something that wont break me out because I already have acne and something that wont make my tummy sick.

CoCoKisses

sassyhair said:
What vitamin would you all suggest to strenthen hair follicles to stop shedding and breakage?

I need only two vitamins one for growth and one for strength of follicles.

I need something that wont break me out because I already have acne and something that wont make my tummy sick.

MSM and Biotin should help alot. The only thing is you need to make sure you take vit C with MSM and B complex with the Biotin in order for them to work properly. Also (IMPORTANT)!!!! You HAVE to drink water when taking your vits, otherwise you will get headaches, stomachaches, skin rash or whatever reactions some other people are getting!:ohwell: Speaking of, let me go get some more water...... i'll be back......(let me practice what i preach uh...:lachen: )!!!

CoCoKisses

sassyhair said:
I heard that biotin really breaks ppl out.
I not only heard that but i have been through that. My mom told me to take it and when i asked my doctor about it he stressed that it is very important to DRINK WATER and take B COMPLEX in order to break down the biotin (which i believe is a b vitamin). He also said that i may break out for a couple of days but should clear up once i followed his instructions. After that the skin, nails and hair should thrive!!!!!!:D

OnPoint

Count me in

I am taking:
MSN 2000g
Flaxseed Oil
Daily Multi-vitamin

I have been consistent since the beginning of this week and if I can get 2 inches by august 31 I will be the happiest person on this board!!

I'm back on the vitamin bandwagon. I've got vitamins just sitting around. Better put them to use.

I'll be taking
Nioxin
GNC Women's Hair, Skin and Nails Formula
Flaxseed Oil

CoCoKisses said:
MSM and Biotin should help alot. The only thing is you need to make sure you take vit C with MSM and B complex with the Biotin in order for them to work properly. Also (IMPORTANT)!!!! You HAVE to drink water when taking your vits, otherwise you will get headaches, stomachaches, skin rash or whatever reactions some other people are getting!:ohwell: Speaking of, let me go get some more water...... i'll be back......(let me practice what i preach uh...:lachen: )!!!

I am a little confuse :perplexed . Am I suppose to mix MSM or Biotin with orange juice? or is it just that I need to add a vitamin C supplement in my routine?

CoCoKisses

TINKABELLE said:
I am a little confuse :perplexed . Am I suppose to mix MSM or Biotin with orange juice? or is it just that I need to add a vitamin C supplement in my routine?

Your good if you just add vit C:D !!!!!!

so so chic

Count me in :) .

I am currently taking:
Biotin 2500 mcg
Vitamin c 1000 mg
MSM 1500 mg
Multi-vitamin
1 oz. of Tahitian Noni Juice

I plan on adding:
B-complex
Flaxseed Oil

I'm thinking about Sea Kelp and L-cysteine, but I don't know. I don't want to be taking too many vitamins. What do you all think...what changes should I make to my current regimen to reduce shedding and get more growth.

deejoy

I take
Target multi
Flax Oil 1000 mg
Biotin 1000 mcg
Fish Oil
Super B Complex
B6
Iron
L-Lysine
Evening Primrose Oil

I need to buy: MSM and B5

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I am in and I currently take the following:

Puritan's Pride Super Biotin (5 mg)
Cod Liver & Evening Primrose Oils (1 g)
Calcium Citrate (400 mg)
Vitamin-enriched orange juice (either Tropicana or Minute Maid)

I just need the B-complex and I can get the rest from food.

morehairplease

ladies taking b complex and vitamin c do you mind posting what brand you are taking and how much u are taking daily?

thanks in advance

growingbrown

I am in also. I am taking
Biotin -6500mcg (combined)
GNC - Ultra Mega Active
Gnc - Untra Norishair
Super B Complex (soon to switch to B-100 Complex)
MSM - 3000 mg
Viviscal

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I failed. I had to stop taking them because I am doing the Master Cleanse, but I am taking a cayenne capsule everyday.