Can you bleach bath color treated extensions?

Innocent_Kiss

I did the Ombre effect on my human hair extensions to add a lighter color to my tips using powdered bleach and developer. Apparently, it did some damage to the hair. IDK maybe it stripped something? I tried deep conditioning several times, serum, ORS hair mask, pre-poo treatments, but my extensions are a frizzy mess. Do you think the bleach and ammonia in the bleach bath method will effect the color treated part of the hair? I don't want green tips! :nono: I'm going to strand test first. I'd take it out, but I spent nearly $300 on the hair and installation so I'd like to try this out before I waste all of that money.

xcuzememiss

Never do anything to your extensions you wouldn't do to your own hair. Seeming that it's human hair also. My guess is that you probably used too high of a developer and trashed the ends. Depending on the color you might just need to keep doing rinses on it to keep it at the color you want.

ms.blue

The bleach and ammonia bath should be a last resort. Try doing an aphrogee 2 steps to see if that will calm the hair.

irisak

The bleach and ammonia in the bleach bath with definitely strip/change the color. I just did this on purpose to some a hair a CV sent me in a #1 instead of a 1B. The bowl was full of color but it bought the hair back to natural color.