Can you do a doobie with natural hair?

ibeleevenme

My hair (though problem hair) straightens very easily. Even though I don't have a relaxer is it possible to do a doobie with curly /fine hair? I heard that this is actually good for your hair, can anyone confirm this and if so does anyone have an easy way of doing it or any tips they can share?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Nonie

My hair (though problem hair) straightens very easily. Even though I don't have a relaxer is it possible to do a doobie with curly /fine hair? I heard that this is actually good for your hair, can anyone confirm this and if so does anyone have an easy way of doing it or any tips they can share?

Excuse the ignorance but what is a doobie? :perplexed

AtlantaJJ

This is a good question....I have been wondering the same thing.

ETA: Doobie Wrap (Dry Wrap or Roller Wrap Set)

To do the roller wrap set, also know as the doobie, you will need to roller set your hair, dry it under a hooded dryer, take the rollers out, then comb/brush your hair around in a wrap). Leave it wrapped for a while and when you comb it down, you will have big loose wavy curls with lots of body.

Last edited:

ShaniKeys

This is a good question....I have been wondering the same thing.

ETA: Doobie Wrap (Dry Wrap or Roller Wrap Set)

To do the roller wrap set, also know as the doobie, you will need to roller set your hair, dry it under a hooded dryer, take the rollers out, then comb/brush your hair around in a wrap). Leave it wrapped for a while and when you comb it down, you will have big loose wavy curls with lots of body.

:scratchchRollersetting first huh? I think this might actually work:yep:. I tried it once on my natural hair (without rollersetting first) and ended up with tangled&knotty ends:nono:

ibeleevenme

Oh my, I did a doobie once with a weave when they said it couldn't be done! I was asking because if your hair has that natural curl to it.... how on early would you get it completely out without having a wavy/curly doobie?

AtlantaJJ

The hair would still have some kink to it but it would definitely stretch it out and reduce shrinkage. I think this would work better for just a curl rollerset, set on large rod sized rollers.

adf23

I just BC'd last week, and I doobie'd a few days later :yep: My BC folder in my album shows what I did- my hair was very smooth :grin:

kblc06

If a doobie is a rollerwrap, then yes. I have done them plenty of times and my hair is was much healthier than straightening consistently. I have a tutorial as well as pokahontas and another natural member here (hairveda? I can't quite remember the spelling). You can do a silk wrap using saran wrap for a sleeker look. My hair pretty much looks flat-ironed but with more body :yep: