Can you overbraid/twist natural hair?

Choklatekiss79

I have super shrinky curly/coil 4a/b hair and I've found the only way to prevent tangles and knots is to keep my hair stretched. I'd like to cowash deep condition, and detangle every three days and rebraid so that I can have a stretched fro, never allowing my hair to shrink and curl up on itself.

The probelm is that I work out and like to do regular steam treatments afterwards 4-5 times per week, which of course causes my hair to shrink again. Do you all think that braiding the hair while damp/wet everynight is too much manipulation?

BTW....I try twists every now and again, but the truth is, I really don't like the way they look on me. Plus, they have to be wet every moring so that they look fresh, and in doing that, they shrink back up.

Any feedback is appreciated. :grin:

JustKiya

Hrm. :look: My personal belief (wrong or right) is that you'd end up losing more hair wearing your hair out everyday, than you would twisting/braiding it everynight.

Assuming that you are fingercombing, though, I really don't see a risk - just be supppper gentle.