Can you rollerset with the keratin treatment or do you have to blow dry and flat iron

Misshairdiva

If I get a keratin treatment can I still do rollersets or do I only have to blow dry and flat iron to get the best results?

Re: Can you rollerset with the keratin treatment or do you have to blow dry and flat

From what I understand, a flat iron is only required during the treatment process, not all the time.

Re: Can you rollerset with the keratin treatment or do you have to blow dry and flat

Although I haven't had a BKT since 2009, it was my understanding that a very hot flat iron is needed to seal the treatment into the strand - kinda like laminating the hair. After that, I'd actually stay away from direct heat with a BKT. Rollersetting would be ideal for straightening.

sipp100 why did you only do it in 2009? Did you get the BKT or just the KT?

Misshairdiva

I decided to transition to natural hair. IMO, there's little difference between the two. Although maybe the effects are longer lasting with a traditional BKT. But I would warn anyone with type 3 hair to avoid all keratin treatments - your hair will probably never revert!

How do I figure out what type of hair I have sipp100? My hair is fine but then it will revert as soon as moisture is in the air, its naturally curly and the longer it gets as you can see in my siggy the more the curls just shrinks up. No one would think looking in my siggy that my hair would be tail bone because of my shrinkage. Do you think I am a three? ( I want to still be able to rock my curls in the summer but its too cold for wash n go's now and I'm tired of this fight with my natural hair.)

How do I figure out what type of hair I have sipp100? My hair is fine but then it will revert as soon as moisture is in the air, its naturally curly and the longer it gets as you can see in my siggy the more the curls just shrinks up. No one would think looking in my siggy that my hair would be tail bone because of my shrinkage. Do you think I am a three? ( I want to still be able to rock my curls in the summer but its too cold for wash n go's now and I'm tired of this fight with my natural hair.)

As fine and as loosely textured (looks like 3a/b to me) as your hair is, it will be BONE STRAIGHT without even blowdrying. I'm about 99.99999% sure that it will never revert and you'll have to do a big chop if you want curly hair again. Don't do it! Misshairdiva

Back