CAN YOU TAKE CRITICISM ABOUT YOUR HAIR???

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I have no problem taking constructive criticism from close friends and family because I know they're just looking out for me.

I don't mind constructive criticism from anyone else as long as they weren't rude. I once listened to constructive criticism from someone I didn't know that well because she was polite and she had healthy shoulder length hair.

But if they're rude and their hair is tore up, I just don't wanna hear it.

L

ladybug

If my homegirl were to tell me "hey Nicole, maybe you should fix your hair or wear it in a style that suits you" I would def take her advice esp since I know she is only looking out...on Saturday I wore a bradiout and my homegirl was liek it really looked nice and I was like kewl..because I know she wouldnt lie to me or let me go out looking crazy..IN GERNERAL I LIKE TO SURROUND MYSELF WITH POSITIVE FEMALES THAT CAN GIVE AND TAKE CRITICSM SO...

NOW IF ITS A COMPLETE STRANGER THEIR HAIR BETTER BE IN TIP TOP PERFECT SHAPE...B4 THEY MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT MY HAIR...IF THEIR HAIR IS NOT PERFECT THEN SAVE IT...I KNOW MY HAIR AND I CAN FULLY CRITIQUE IT FROM HEAD TO TOE...DONT NED ANY FURTHER COMMENTS IN THAT AREA

( I HAVE SEVERAL TYPOS I AMEATIGN LUNCH..PAYIGN BILLS ONLINE...AND ON THE FORUM ALL AT ONCE EXCUSE THEM)

adrienne0914

people tell me all the time that i should wear my hair down more... "that bun is so boring." i'm trying to accomplish a goal, and the bun helps me get there. so that kind of stuff i let roll off.

if someone was to tell me that my hair looks dry (even a complete stranger), i'd probably listen. when i wear it down, sometimes it does be coughing.

basically i think it depends on the kind of criticism that i'm getting. and i think we're intelligent enough to know whether or not someone is hating or tryna help...

Leslie_C

I can take criticism (after I pout for a while), but mainly from family and friends. Usually I think if its a stranger they are probably just being mean and using any excuse to say something bad about u, but normally Ive only heard compliments from strangers.

It can be a good thing though, for example, Ive had to get used to my sister's bluntness, because she will hurt my feelings in a hearbeat. but at the same time she will never let me go around looking a mess, and when she does like my hair or outfit she says so.

Im more the type of person who hates to hurt anyones feelings so if I dont have something nice to say, I say nothing.

Babygurl

I usually can take criticism, as long as its criticism with intention of helping and not just plain old trying to piss me off

bellydancer

i agree. i've heard comments from girls like "I don't like her hair". I don't think that that is hating. It's just her opinion. now one of my friends is ALWAYS finding something wrong with my hair "you need a perm" "it's too poofy" "oh my god are you really going to wear those twists outside!" now that is pure hating because i get sooooooooo many compliments on the same styles that she disses. She's always finding something wrong. She got mad one day and didn't talk to me because someone stopped asking her for hair advice and started asking me.

Truth

I dont pay any mind to anyone who has negative criticism regarding my hair.. If it's not constructive criticism or something that can aid me in my hair journey i dont bother.. My friend use to criticize my hair and how i took care of it allthe time until her accident with her crayola hair then she came to me for all the hair advice..