Cancer Survivor Regrowth Suggestions?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Is there a section in LHCF that men and/or cancer survivors can frequent to share regrowth ideas?

Praise be to God he's healed!! :superbanana:but he's thinning in the crown of his head resulting from his :boxing: with cancer.

All suggestions (websites or other hair boards, prod suggestions, home remedies, etc) are welcome. TIA!

divachyk

bump -- several ppl viewed but no comments!?!? sorry that this isn't the most pleasant topic but please help if you know of info, thanks!

AvaSpeaks

Is there a section in LHCF that men and/or cancer survivors can frequent to share regrowth ideas?

Praise be to God he's healed!! :superbanana:but he's thinning in the crown of his head resulting from his :boxing: with cancer.

All suggestions (websites or other hair boards, prod suggestions, home remedies, etc) are welcome. TIA!

I would just let the hair regrow on it's on naturally for awhile. The body has to heal and to add different things, regimes, etc. Just let the body give it's natural 1/2 inch per month for him. It will grow back but I don't think he or any other cancer survivor should rush anything after being healed.

And this is based on just seeing my own's mother's hair grow back after her chemo treatments when it completely fell out.

getta

I would try essentials oils. Rub 1part lavender oil, 1part rosemary, 1 part cedarwood, 4 parts evoo every night on scalp. This should help. Good luck

mscocoface

My father had cancer about 25 years ago, total restructuring of his stomach and intestines. He lost his hair but in time it grew back. It was different, softer more baby fine and it wasn't as thick. Come to think if it I think there was a small bald spot starting in the back of his head.

He just let it grow out, my father wasn't real concerned about his hair and it finally came back.

I would say let it grow naturally because you don't know what the cause or effect may be of oils and if he can tolerate the smells right now.

I would suggest doing a search via internet to see what some survivors may suggest also.

Wonderful to hear he is on the mend.

divachyk

My father had cancer about 25 years ago, total restructuring of his stomach and intestines. He lost his hair but in time it grew back. It was different, softer more baby fine and it wasn't as thick. Come to think if it I think there was a small bald spot starting in the back of his head.

He just let it grow out, my father wasn't real concerned about his hair and it finally came back.

I would say let it grow naturally because you don't know what the cause or effect may be of oils and if he can tolerate the smells right now.

I would suggest doing a search via internet to see what some survivors may suggest also.

Wonderful to hear he is on the mend.
Thx, my DH had the same as your dad. My DH will be 34 next month (was 32 at time of diagnosis) and not feeling the thinning spot. :nono: He's able to tolerate smells so we've been applying essentials oils (jbco and evoo) and sulfur free bee-mine growth serum.

I would try essentials oils. Rub 1part lavender oil, 1part rosemary, 1 part cedarwood, 4 parts evoo every night on scalp. This should help. Good luck
I've been scalp massaging him so I'll definitely whip this up and see how that goes.

I would just let the hair regrow on it's on naturally for awhile. The body has to heal and to add different things, regimes, etc. Just let the body give it's natural 1/2 inch per month for him. It will grow back but I don't think he or any other cancer survivor should rush anything after being healed.

And this is based on just seeing my own's mother's hair grow back after her chemo treatments when it completely fell out.
The health food store suggested ultra hair but we are not looking to do anything orally. If it continues to thin he says he'll just shave it off because he's opposed to the half hair/half bald look, but for now, he's looking for options.

MrsIQ

Ovarian cancer survivor here! Thanks be to God I didn't lose my hair, but I know that there are ladies here that can chime in with great advice.

My Friend

I would give it time to grow back naturally :yep: I would not use anything at this time to STIMULATE or GROW anything in the body :nono: JMHO

Congratulations on winning the battle

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Congratulations! That is an awesome testimony!!

Now, Ovation Cell Therapy is used by many cancer patients and survivors with great success. It's sister is Megatek. There's tons of info on both of them on this forum.

OCT is a three part regimen - Shampoo, Conditioner and Rinse, really simple.

Megatek (same company - used for horses/pets) is a highly concentrated conditioner that needs to be mixed with castor oil and probably water 30% each and applied to the scalp. The right balance needs to be found or else shedding could occur.

To err on the side of caution, go with the Ovation. It's about $100 but comes with a money back guarantee.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Additionally, my cousin is a cancer survivor, she didn't use anything to regrow her hair. She just remained natural - with much coaxing from me- and now she has a really beautiful head of hair. It grew back completely on it's own.

While she went through chemo, she just decided to shave everything off. She's really happy with her choice to remain natural and it's been almost 4 years. She keeps her hair trimmed at a 5 inch 'fro.

QBOE2001

After my bout with chemo I found my hair was no longer receptive to chemicals and additives. I switched to strictly co-washing and using organic products and kept it moving. The hair grew back at its normal rate of growth. The only difference I really saw was a change in texture...my curl pattern relaxed slightly.

divachyk

Thank you all for the responses and congrats to all that also battled! God is truly amazing and worthy to be praised but I won't start to preaching (figure of speech).

I will ensure DH keeps it basic for now -- essential oils and scalp massages and Bee Mine growth serum with caution. We run most all decisions by the dr anyway for safekeeping although we didn't inquire about essential oils and Bee Mine prior to using it.

Be blesed to all --

divachyk

Congratulations! That is an awesome testimony!!

Now, Ovation Cell Therapy is used by many cancer patients and survivors with great success. It's sister is Megatek. There's tons of info on both of them on this forum.

OCT is a three part regimen - Shampoo, Conditioner and Rinse, really simple.

Megatek (same company - used for horses/pets) is a highly concentrated conditioner that needs to be mixed with castor oil and probably water 30% each and applied to the scalp. The right balance needs to be found or else shedding could occur.

To err on the side of caution, go with the Ovation. It's about $100 but comes with a money back guarantee.
I will definitely inquire to the dr about this when we visit next month -- Thanks!