candy c

longhairluva

What in the hell are you doing to your hair. It is growing like nobody's business. I want your regime and I want it now. Give it to me:poke: . It is beautiful girl.

Phoenix

I was just noticing that on her Feb/March comparison shot! So, spill it! What are you doing?

Candy_C

lol,HI ladies! :p

i wear my hair in 4 twists each side and wear a durag all day long, when i get home i take my hair down (makin sure i wear a backless top) and then tie it back up in the twists at night.

i dont use moisturizer daily (flax moisturizes my hair and ends) , but nearer to my touchup my hair acts a fool so i mix the keracare oil moist with le kair-castor oil grease.

i dont apply anything topical to my scalp as yet, but this Kala Kola was calling me in the shop. i have a good feeling about this stuff.

i've been eating a ton of fish, and taking my vitamins (in my sig) faithfully AT NIGHT specifically. i take the multi and the flax one after the other and the b50 and biotin at the same time. i dont comb my hair but once every 5 days...i dont get much breakage at all just around 3 strands a day. i always airdry, dont use any heat but only touchup time (blowdryer only) use mostly keracare products...ermm thats about it, i thank god everyday and live life to the full and forget about my hair!!

i've never got this much growth in my life, i truly think its cos i'm following the "rules"

• no heat
  • airdrying
  • vitamins
  • never combing airdried hair
  • overnight pre poo's (alma oil)
  • not using grease on scalp BUT DEFINATELY NEEDED on my ends (once a week)
  • protective styling (or just plain old hiding-styling)

:grin: people think i'm bald and always say "why are u coverin your hair for?" but i'm doing it for the simple fact of, if i want something i know in my heart what i need to do won't satify me or my peers but in the end will accomplish what i want! i apply this to everything i do...i also have a passion to start my own hair product line...ahhh i can dream!

Last edited:

Candy_C

Ahhh thanks girls! I dont know how to quote more than one person but {hugs} i learn something new every day!

Candy_C

MizaniMami said:
Yes, it's beautiful!! What do you plan to do once you reach your desired length?

well what i really wanna aim for is mid-length to waist length, then i'll either have it in funky styles, wear it out more, use rinses more etc..basically have a bit of fun with it. i wont really use heat too much, as i know its going to be really hard 2 handle. i'm gona learn how to rollerset and just basically start something positive to do with hair..hair books, products...you name it, i'm on it!

devin

i was just looking at your comparison pics and thinking dang she has the fastest growing hair i have ever seen! beautiful! i love looking at your album and your progress is amazing!;)

BSweet

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING your hair..:clap:i got up on the biotin but aint seeing nothing yet ..its only been like a moth tho

remnant

devin said:
i was just looking at your comparison pics and thinking dang she has the fastest growing hair i have ever seen! beautiful! i love looking at your album and your progress is amazing!;)

Co-signing!:yep:

MzTami

Hellerrrr
candy c,

looking at your progress makes me want to take my whole bottle of flax seed oil in one day. :fat:

Great progress! I didn't know you can grow hair so fast without MTG (lol)

Candy_C

Devin,BSweet, Soun...Thanks babes!

BSweet, the growth will soon come, have you tried taking it with b50 complex??

MzTami..mwuhahaaa @ the Flaxseed...now u dont wanna be doin that, or you'll be on the toilet all week...(it can be a natural laxative too) lol :lachen:

~Nigeria~ Thanks hun, ur so cute!

wadadligyal

Your regimen seems so simple yet your hair is so beautiful!!! I guess less is more!!!!! Thanks for sharing and keep growing girl!!!!:D

MonaRae

Exactly how much fish are you eating? Is it like breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Your growth is amazing. When I read your post yesterday about the fish I went right out and got some. I have been taking flaxseed but only about 1000mg a day. What brand of flax do you use?

Keep up the good work!
MonaRae

Candy_C

MonaRae said:
Exactly how much fish are you eating? Is it like breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Your growth is amazing. When I read your post yesterday about the fish I went right out and got some. I have been taking flaxseed but only about 1000mg a day. What brand of flax do you use?

Keep up the good work!
MonaRae

Hey Mona I eat a big portion of fish once a day (dinner time) around evening time, this is when i take my vitamins too. Not only has it benefitted my hair but my skin has never looked so clear in my life!!

I take Holland And Barret flaxseed oil, and take a spoonful every night. its pretty potent too. GNC and H+B are the same company :)

Thanks Wadadligyal! I got fed up with using tons of cr*p on my hair, black hair doesn't really need layers of stuff, its all lies!!!
Caligirl2385 - thanx hun {hugs}

Last edited:

planodiva

Candy_C said:
Hey Mona I eat a big portion of fish once a day (dinner time) around evening time, this is when i take my vitamins too. Not only has it benefitted my hair but my skin has never looked so clear in my life!!

I take Holland And Barret flaxseed oil, and take a spoonful every night. its pretty potent too. GNC and H+B are the same company :)

Thanks Wadadligyal! I got fed up with using tons of cr*p on my hair, black hair doesn't really need layers of stuff, its all lies!!!
Caligirl2385 - thanx hun {hugs}

What does flaxseed oil do? I'm a little clueless.
Gotz to jump on the bandwagon...gone girl your hair is Da Bom

Candy_C

planodiva said:
What does flaxseed oil do? I'm a little clueless.
Gotz to jump on the bandwagon...gone girl your hair is Da Bom

All ABout Flaxseed Oil!

^^the above link should tell you more than you need to know! for me, it keeps my hair moisturized so i dont really need to apply products to my hair, only after i wash it :)

*Happily Me*

Candy_C said:

Thanks Wadadligyal! I got fed up with using tons of cr*p on my hair, black hair doesn't really need layers of stuff, its all lies!!! Caligirl2385 - thanx hun {hugs}

so true

great progress candy c :)

napgurl

Candy_C said:
:grin: people think i'm bald and always say "why are u coverin your hair for?" but i'm doing it for the simple fact of, if i want something i know in my heart what i need to do won't satify me or my peers but in the end will accomplish what i want! i apply this to everything i do...i also have a passion to start my own hair product line...ahhh i can dream!
Now that's what I'm saying. People have a habit of calling someone crazy, but they just don't know there is a method to the madness. And your method is paying off. Your hair is beautiful and you are truely living life because I hear the happiness in all of your posts. Go for yours girl . . . bra-strap is in your near future.

PS: kiss a dolphin in Jamacia for me.

Candy_C

mscolwhite said:
Now that's what I'm saying. People have a habit of calling someone crazy, but they just don't know there is a method to the madness. And your method is paying off. Your hair is beautiful and you are truely living life because I hear the happiness in all of your posts. Go for yours girl . . . bra-strap is in your near future.

PS: kiss a dolphin in Jamacia for me.

arr so sweet, thanks!
HA i'll be lucky if i see any dolphins...i'm gonna be staying BACK 'A BUSH! in the hills!!!