Can't Bun To High Bun, Back Bun, Low Bun Challenge

faithVA

To clarify, I can just take a bun pic and show my progression to a high bun throughout the challenge? Because I just have like an inch of hair in the middle. Think of it like a bald headed man with hair in the back still rocking a ponytail! Lol
That's fine.

Alma Petra

1. What's your current length?
A mixture of lengths. I call the front part a twa (I don't know what @faithVA would call it :laugh:)

2. Are you trying to achieve the bun on wet hair, stretched hair or straight hair?
Wet or dry WnG.

3. Are you going for a high bun, back bun, low bun or some other type of bun
Low bun. My circumferential hair loss pattern means that my nape is gone. I would rather avoid high buns.

4. How often will you check in: Every 1 month, 2 months, 3 months
3 months, maybe more often.

5. What keeps you from doing the style today?
The short length of the twa, the crown and the sides. I have to pin them instead

6. When do you think you will reach your goal?
For the hair other than the twa, hopefully by the end of this year I will be able to get rid of the pins

7. Post your starting picture. (In the position of your desired bun. And on wet, stretched or straight depending on #2).
They are here
Can't Bun To High Bun, Back Bun, Low Bun Challenge

Evolving78

Hang in there! You are transitioning too so this will make things more difficult initially. But it will start to get better as the roots grow longer. I use aloe vera gel to try and make the two textures look as close to each other as possible. I also sometimes use real hair gel such as Wet Line.
I’m trying to hang on with transitioning, but I’m not ready to cut my hair off. That section is too short.. it would be all natural in that area.. Idk... your hair looks so good! You got this! I’m not just saying that! You can be confident with that! It just looks like a cute style, or hair cut. You are pretty like a doll!

Alma Petra

I’m trying to hang on with transitioning, but I’m not ready to cut my hair off. That section is too short.. it would be all natural in that area.. Idk... your hair looks so good! You got this! I’m not just saying that! You can be confident with that! It just looks like a cute style, or hair cut. You are pretty like a doll!
Awww thank you dear :kiss: you are so kind! I definitely need this boost of confidence when out in public.

You don't need to big chop now. I don't plan to big chop any time soon me neither. I feel that my relaxed ends protect my natural hair. I already feel that my twa needs a trim. This does not happen in the other parts of my hair. So I'll keep the relaxed ends to maximize the retention of my curls. And of course to continue to be able to bun.

Hopefully your crown will fill in soon and start to blend with the rest of your hair. Can't wait to follow your progress!

sunnieb

I'm not ready to wear this bun out to work yet, but I ran errands with it in today.

I'm confident that when I relax in June, I'll have enough nape to reach into my bun base pony. I used pins, a ball of my shed hair, and a hair net.

20180318_192634_resized.jpg 20180318_192350_resized.jpg