Question Cant view my own profile?

jupitermoon

Ever since last night I haven't been able to view my own profile. I can view others but not my own. Whenever I click on my profile it takes me to a page that says "Page not available. Contact the administrator." Also I thought the forums were supposed to be down this weekend and converted back to the old format? Is this the reason why I can't view my own profile?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
That's weird. If it's any consolation, I can view your profile as well as my own. Perhaps they are working on the site now.

jupitermoon

FlowerHair, I just checked this site using IE and I can see my profile. I use Firefox though and can't view it using Firefox. Weird.

Does anyone know if they still plan on going back to the old format as previously announced? I hope so. The forums were supposed to be down this weekend while the boards were converted back to the old format.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I hope they are going back to the same format and I think I read that somewhere...
I think Nikos said this site is best viewed with Google Chrome?

jupitermoon

@FlowerHair, it was posted that we were supposed to go back to the old format this weekend. Here's the thread: www.longhaircareforum.com/admin-news/505825-2010-10-21-expected-downtime.html

Taken from thread posted above:

Solution
We have decided to take more drastic steps. The forum will be closed for extensive maintenance the first week of November. We expect the forum to be closed Friday November 05 and will open again on Monday or Tuesday. There will be a page outlining the progress made and the expected time that the forum will be up and running.

What are we going to do
The forum will be reverted back to the version 3.8.

I wonder what happened?

I use Firefox not Chrome. Firefox works for pretty much every website I visit besides this. Thanks for responding FlowerHair. I'm just wondering what's going on. Hopefully we'll have answers soon.

Nonie

CelinaStarr, I'm using Firefox and can view my profile. How are you getting to it? I think there's more than one way and so maybe one of those has a glitch. I've always just clicked on my name at the top of the page to go to my profile. I don't remember the other ways. That way I used works for me. Have you tried that?

jupitermoon

@Nonie, that's how I access my profile by clicking my name up top. I've also tried clicking "my profile" up top and it still doesn't work. I've logged out of this site a few times plus I've cleared my cookies and I still can't access my profile. I can see my profile using IE but the site runs a bit slow when I use IE.

Last edited:

Nonie

Nonie, that's how I access my profile by clicking my name up top. I've also tried clicking "my profile" up top and it still doesn't work. I've logged out of this site a few times plus I've cleared my cookies and I still get access my profile. I can see my profile using IE but the site runs a bit slow when I use IE.

CelinaStarr, that's really odd. Do you have AdBlock? I wonder whether you blocked it by mistake. I remember I used to do that with Firefox accidentally all the time, before I even had AdBlock. So what I'd end up having to do is get the URL of the site that is being blocked and then go to Tools, Options, Security tab/window and then click on exceptions and paste the URL and select ALLOW.

It seems it's some setting on your FF if this isn't happening with another browser.

jupitermoon

Nonie, it doesn't appear as if I've blocked it.

When I try to access my profile I get this message: "Page not available. Contact the administrator." and it's hosted by NGiKX

Nonie

@Nonie, it doesn't appear as if I've blocked it.

When I try to access my profile I get this message: "Page not available. Contact the administrator." and it's hosted by NGiKX

CelinaStarr Hmm... Sounds like you need to submit a ticket. Good luck in getting it fixed.

I'd be mad if I can't view YOUR profile too; but as it is I can view YOUR profile so I'm good. :p

Last edited: