Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Creme

NessaNessa

Can someone help me....please?

Hi Ladies!!! As a recovering PJ'er, I am trying to use the products I have before purchasing others. I recently discovered an unused bottle of this under my cabinet:

It smells great and has a nice thickness/consistency to it. My question is, Can this be used as a moisturizer? Here's what the back of the jar says:

Cantu shea butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is made with real shea butter and essential oils to replace vital oil in your hair leaving it stronger and healthier with a natural shine.

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream can be used on wet hair as an intensive moisturizing treatment or to tame frizz and fly-aways.

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream helps...

moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
soften, detangle and add shine to hair
protect hair against heat and sun styling damage
provide extra protection from split ends and breakage

Oh the first two ingredients are water and shea butter, respectively.

Last edited:

blackhair

this is one of my staple. I LOOOve it. I mixed it with coconut oil. I can make your hair hard if you use to much. Again It is very moisturizing and I love it.

sassyhair

My beloved...definitely one of my staples...I use it sometimes to slick my hair back in a ponytail...with a lil oil, it is also great on soaking wet hair sealed with oil....soo much softness. you must use it sparsely because it can make you hair feel a lil hard. I only use four fingertippy tips worth.

curlilocs

It can be used as a moisturizer, but only if you use shampoos with sulfates. It contains a very heavy cone.

rosie

My oldest dd's hair loves this stuff. It makes it soft and very slick when combing.

My hair hates it. I think it is the protein content in it, not sure.

But when it works, it works well. Just ask my dd.

miracle

:love: this stuff!!! It's my staple leave-in. Usually my hair doesn't care for much protein, but I can use ooohh-gobbs of this stuff and my hair never gets hard. :up: :up:

God's Anointed

Ok, so I'm definitely looking for a good moisturizer for my nape and when I do the whole head baggie method. Do you guys think I can use this? Will the cones add up even if I co-wash twice a week? So since I passed my hardest class this semester, I'm treating myself to $10 of hair products today and I think this will be one of them. So what do you guys think?

myco

God's Anointed said:
Ok, so I'm definitely looking for a good moisturizer for my nape and when I do the whole head baggie method. Do you guys think I can use this? Will the cones add up even if I co-wash twice a week? So since I passed my hardest class this semester, I'm treating myself to $10 of hair products today and I think this will be one of them. So what do you guys think?

This will probably work. It's so thick that it acts like gel on my edges. I actually can't use it anywhere else. A little bit of this and a quick swipe of Beyond the Zone Stiff head, and your edges/nape will stay in place for days.