Cantu Shea Butter Leave in - Ingredients

CurlyMoo

This item has been getting several threads and interest from other members so I decided to post the ingredients. It is one of several moisturizers that I want to get. But is it more of a conditioner than a moisturizer? And will it give be great shine without it feeling greasy? Please let me know what you think and I also added an e-opinion. See link.

Ingredients

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PPG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Cantu_Shea_Butter_Leave_In_Conditioning_Repair_Cream_16_oz

letitgrow0702

I brought this after hearing all of the reviews on here. I agree with previous post that it does not give your hair shine and I can't say that I am all that impressed. Does not moisture well IMO. I will continue to use it but will not repurchase.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I brought this after hearing all of the reviews on here. I agree with previous post that it does not give your hair shine and I can't say that I am all that impressed. Does not moisture well IMO. I will continue to use it but will not repurchase.

I am still on the fence about Cantu Shea Butter Leave in.:wallbash: I feel more comfortable using my Organic Root Stimulator Moisturizer in jar. I know for sure ORS is moisturizing my hair,plus I don't have to use oil to seal in moisture. Organic Root Stimulator in a jar is truth!

Sugar Brown

IMO, this product does nothing spectacular. I used it as a leave in for my wash-n-gos and my twist-outs. My hair took forever to dry and I ended up with flakes. Also, I couldn't get next day style with this - it was a wrap after day one.

The positive side is that it smells delicious and made my hair feel healthy and moisturized.

gloomgeisha

I added a bit of castor oil to this and used it as a styling aid as opposed to a moisturizer. It's great for creating well defined twist-outs if used on damp or wet hair.

I'm going to have to agree with the other ladies who noted that, by itself, the product is nothing special. It feels like it will do much when it's in your hands and even when you first glide it on- but in the end it falls flat.

kblc06

I absolutely love it. IDK, maybe its more suited for naturals because it does make my hair shiny (especially when slicked back). But its not as effective when I wear my hair straight and it does have a tendency to build-up if used very frequently

ETA: oh, I see that many of the posters are in fact natural....maybe its just me :-?

kblc06

I am still on the fence about Cantu Shea Butter Leave in.:wallbash: I feel more comfortable using my Organic Root Stimulator Moisturizer in jar. I know for sure ORS is moisturizing my hair,plus I don't have to use oil to seal in moisture. Organic Root Stimulator in a jar is truth!

I absolutely hated that ****! My hair was so dry and tangly plus it left a weird residue. The only ors product my hair agrees with is the replenishing pak and oil sheen (to do saran wraps). It's just one of those things that seem to work for everyone except me :nono:

FluffyRed

Cantu Shea butter is the bomb! It's all I use on my demarcation line for stretching.

I have never been able to stretch relaxers before. It was VERY scary, as my hair all fell out in Jr. Hi, due to not relaxing on time.

CSB changed my life and is helping me reach my goal.

The Princess

I didn't care for this product, it was to heavy for my hair and sticky. I didn't even use up the whole bottle. It seem like it just sat on my hair. However it get alot of great reviews on this board. It just didn't agree with my hair.

CurlyMoo

Thank you ladies your input really helps. Perhaps I will go back to my favorite; Africa Best ORGANICS CHOLESTEROL Tea Tree Oil. :ohwell:

Ivonnovi

Is your hair thin and fine? I feel the same way you do and my hair is thin and fine.

hurricane

I promoted this product and gave it praise. I used 2 jars but on the 3rd jar I have to say that I am no longer impressed. It does not leave shine and it makes your hair hard after using it. I will not be purchasing this product again.

MzRhonda

I'm on my first jar and so far so good I use it on my hair and my daughters, we are relaxed, and my other daughter who is natural. I use very little and our hairs health has improved.

aero21

i love it! i could not transition without this product, it is the only product that lays my edges down! i think the trick to this product is using it just on the edges instead of throughout your hair. i usually apply it to my adges and occasionally sparingly to my ends after cowashing and before bunning, then i apply my scarf. it makes my hair shiny and my waves pop.

CurlyMe08

I have to say that I have a jar and........I LOVE IT ... I use it on myself and my sons hair ( both naturally curly). I have to admit I only use it when I'm rocking my curls, don't recommend for daily use when wearing the hair straight!

CurlyMoo

I promoted this product and gave it praise. I used 2 jars but on the 3rd jar I have to say that I am no longer impressed. It does not leave shine and it makes your hair hard after using it. I will not be purchasing this product again.

Maybe your hair has gotten what it needed from it and no longer needs it. I stopped using it.

soonergirl

Did they change the formula, I just bought a new jar and its crap....So I will be adding oils to it, use it up and not repurchase..

Jenibo

I actually like it because it defines my curls. I would like something a little more moisturizing. I just finished up my jar and i think I will be trying something new

Pandora1975

I liked it the first time I used it... on wet hair. Tried using it as a moisturizer on dry hair and my hair just got wet, and dried rough, even when sealed. I was much happier after buying organic shea and making my own mix.

I ADORE THIS STUFF!!!! :grin:
my only problem with it is the cetyl alcohol, but i counteract that by sealing with castor oil... its lovely...
jus dont use it before bllow drying cuz that cetyl alcohol will have a field day drying up your hair and making it uber stiff and sticky lol. trust me, i learned the hard way

Casarela

When I was natural my mother got me a jar ...it was quite nice but didnt like too much the stickyness of it. Now my texlaxed hair love it. I dont get the sticky feeling anymore. I apply it throughout the hair and on my ends as well.

Coco*Colada

i use it only on my curly days .when i used it for a straight style it made my hair sticky and fall flat .

honeisos

Did they change the formula, I just bought a new jar and its crap....So I will be adding oils to it, use it up and not repurchase..

They did ... I think it looks like they added more water to it ... it's not as thick as it used to be ...
I love the stuff though.. new formula and all .. it's my staple .

When you said this I had to go to the store and check.... NOOOOOO!!!! I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!
ARGH!
It so sloppy now before it was nice n fluffy... WTF!!!!:wallbash: