Caramelization...

pazyamor

Hey peeps! I have a question:

What is caramelization?
How does it help?
Do you buy this stuff or can you make it?
If you can make it, does anybody have any recipes that aren't super hard?

Thanks again ladies...:grin:

JustKiya

It's a miracle in a blender. :lol:

Sorry, I LOVE the stuff. I've used it twice so far, and it makes my hair SO shiny, and soft, and - amazing - really. I think that it'll be my only DC for a WHILE.

My recipe was/is:

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup red palm oil
1/4 cup shea butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
3.5 oz banana baby food
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
water (as needed to thin)

which makes enough for two applications on my chin length natural hair.

Here's my pictorial - let me know if you have any questions....

pazyamor

Thank you, I really needed a definite recipe to try this out...you always have the answers nappywomyn!

JustKiya

I did it on loose hair. I suppose you could do it on twists, but I would be paranoid - that's a lot of sweet stuff, ya know? Though, with the babyfood, it's perfectly creamy so.... I dunno. It could totally work.

It's a deep moisturizing treatment - I find it leaves my hair - very smooth and soft. I love it - and it STAYS feeling good for a while, too. :grin:

scarcity21

I did it on loose hair. I suppose you could do it on twists, but I would be paranoid - that's a lot of sweet stuff, ya know? Though, with the babyfood, it's perfectly creamy so.... I dunno. It could totally work.

It's a deep moisturizing treatment - I find it leaves my hair - very smooth and soft. I love it - and it STAYS feeling good for a while, too. :grin:
Thanx...u changed ur name! lol

scarcity21

JK, how long did u leave this treatment on for? I have the mixture in my hair right now, only difference is I added RPO, wheatgerm oil and nexxus Ensure....lol im greedy....im planning on leaving it on overnight:yep: wish me luck!

JustKiya

Ooooh, that sounds YUMMY!!

Urm, I have issues with drippies, so I usually only keep it in for - 2-3 hours? I think? I'm almost certain I've never slept in it - I would have been worried about my pillows - but I don't see any harm in doing so...

scarcity21

Thanks JK,im not a wild sleeper and i tied a scarf over the processing cap ill let u know how it goes tomorrow morning!

scarcity21

sorry im late...but the caramel treatment left my hair so soft....only thing is I went and put Cantu Shea leave in conditioning cream which left my hair so crunchy and dry:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: so i had to wash out the next day....anywho...im seriously beginning to think my hair does NOT like SHEA butter and is real sensitive to protein...this is all new to me since i always had my hair in braids...needless to say i will have to repeat this treatment soon! Thanks for all ur help JK!

JustKiya

Oh, I'm sorry the Cantu didn't agree with your hair! But I'm thrilled the Caramel treatment did!! :woot:
The only thing I've used after a caramel treatment is just some Whipped pudding for my twists as a 'leave-in' - I've found that my normally super thirsty hair doesn't really NEED anything right afterwards...and as Long as I mist daily, I can coast through a week....

scorpian

Etae' has a caramel treatment
It is meant as a pre-shampoo treatment on dry hair. Leave it on for an hr or more. The longer you leave it on the better the results
Their ingredients are:
honey
olive oil
bananas
molasses
cornstarch
water
vinegar
wheat germ oil

scarcity21

Oh, I'm sorry the Cantu didn't agree with your hair! But I'm thrilled the Caramel treatment did!! :woot:
The only thing I've used after a caramel treatment is just some Whipped pudding for my twists as a 'leave-in' - I've found that my normally super thirsty hair doesn't really NEED anything right afterwards...and as Long as I mist daily, I can coast through a week....

Oh great ....i have whipped pudding so ill keep that in mind when i DC with it again this week...thanks