Carlton Pearson All Inclusive gospel

gn1g

Did anyone here attend his church in Oklahoma? I happen to catch a glimpse of him on Dateline Friday and wow, I am so surprised at what he is preaching; that everyone will go to heaven, regardless of how they live. So now he is going around to gay and lesbian churches preaching just that. :eek:

gn1g said:
Did anyone here attend his church in Oklahoma? I happen to catch a glimpse of him on Dateline Friday and wow, I am so surprised at what he is preaching; that everyone will go to heaven, regardless of how they live. So now he is going around to gay and lesbian churches preaching just that. :eek:

We know Carlton from years back. He's from wonderful generation of Believers and we're all trying to figure out 'What Happened?" I saw the Dateline show as well.

Pastor Carlton was under the teachings of Katherine Kulman and Oral Roberts for years. He was a graduate student of ORU (Oral Roberts University). God used this man powerfully. He flowed in the office of teaching, prophetic, and he had a wonderful ministry in worship and song. I have a few of his cassette music tapes.

He is well-known for his annual Azuza conferences. All based upon the powerful and historic service that occurred back in April 1906 where the Holy Spirit changed the course of ministry since.

http://www.azusastreet100.net/history.htm

Pastor (Bishop Carlton) kept this alive for many years.

He has ministered in the church I belonged to several times (back in 1988-1996 or so). For a long, long time, Bishop Carlton was a bachlor and of course many, many women were after him like flies after honey.

There was even an incident (no joke) which was shared how a woman in his congregation made wedding plans, invitations to family members and all; and she walked down the aisle during a Sunday service, gown and all. This was so, so sad. :( But it showed the extent of desperation that some women were going through to be married to a man of God.

There were several women who 'spoke' that they knew they were called to be his wife. But this was a 'trend' that was going on during the 80's and early 90's when the 'Word of Faith' message was being preached in Faith ministries and people were going off the deep end with it. 'Name it -Claim it' trend. It was mess in a lot of peoples lives. Though it was a principle that surely works, you still had to have common sense.

Anyway, back to Pastor Carlton. About 1993 (or so); he met his wife Gina. They were soon married; not a long courtship. His church took good care of her during the courtship, all was in decency and order. They had a beautiful fairytale wedding and God blessed. Their first baby was a son, and then they had their daughter.

Somewhere during the time of 2000, things began to change. In 2003, word came out in the 'church' world about his latest teachings.

I still love the man as my brother in Christ. I cried when I saw him on Dateline, it truly broke my heart to see him broken. Here is where God calls us to love and pray.

Oh Pebs, it is sad. The entire Church community is so sad about this. We all love this man. We're trying to figure out what happened?

Last year he had a conference and his guest speaker was Bishop Sprong (sp?). (The homosexual minister). Anyway, I found out that when he was going through so much rejection from the 'church' (not so, just his theory), a gay church came to his rescue, just loving him.

Pebs, we were loving him as well. No one in any ministry that I personally know of, ever rejected Bishop Carlton. We were all saddened by the change and no one wanted to 'lose' him. No one did. He did receive many letters and invitations of loving support from thousands. But he was 'firm' in his new found theory.

TBN was a frequent for Bishop Carlton. He hosted many, many shows and participated in the Praise-thons, etc. Actually, he was quite 'tight' with Jan and Paul Crouch. They did not 'drop' him. They just could not allow him to minister the 'no hell theory' on the air as it does not line up with truth. Hell is real and it cannot be denied.

With the gay ministries giving him much support, it's no wonder that satan is having a 'hay-day' with this one. And I can see the trend, now. I perceived in my spirit that it is the gay leadership using this situation as a 'step-up' for their own purpose. I'm not denying their sincere intent of extending love to Bishop Carlton, but I do see this as another attack on the 'Church'. :(

Here's Bishop's website: http://www.newdimensions.us/

Here's an aritcle of one of his teachings:

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/3295

Pebs, I've been in church so long....Geeee, sometimes I know too much and wish I didn't know.

I've seen much....in these last 24 years, I've seen much. And can tell a whole lot more. But in all that I've seen......I have never seen God fail. Never! Nor the Righteous forsaken.

SHIMMIE, Whatever happened to Dr. Mark Handby Eddie Longs SPiritual Father. I was told he said something on the don't talk about it list on TBN and was shauned for it.

;)
gn1g said:
SHIMMIE, Whatever happened to Dr. Mark Handby Eddie Longs SPiritual Father. I was told he said something on the don't talk about it list on TBN and was shauned for it.

"GN", I don't know the facts about this at all. :confused: We've heard some things, but no facts. There was a lot of 'grief' with this perspective of his.

http://www.allnationsmin.org/Download/Hanby%20Quotes.pdf#search='Dr.%20Mark%20Hanby'

This information is only a 'guess', not the proven reason regarding him and TBN. I just didn't have a personal connection with/about (Dr. Hanby) as we did with Bishop Carlton. Our church literally adopted him. Bishop was and still is a very lovable person. Full of heart and love for everyone.

Regarding Hanby, I can tell you how God did answer prayer, though. TBN now, is more of us "leading' than it ever was before. We're hosting more shows, the guests are 'us'. So, whatever the real facts are with Dr. Hanby, God is still having His glory.

BTW: Bishop Eddie Long is such power house. There was a Christian comedian imitating just about every minister you could name. When he got to Bishop Long, all he said was "...Watch this....now Watch this...Watch this." :lol: God healed both Bishop and his brother of cancer. These men are so humble.

No One like our Jesus....No one...;)

I am praying for Carlton, I sure hope he he comes back. I remember the wedding deal. He was a door for my spiritual father TDJakes.

Eddie Long is awesome. And how about the new comer Jamal Bryant the boy is off the hook.

The Lord told me a couple of weeks ago to expect the unexpected from Creflo Dollar. I have been watching him faithfully for since that day and MY GOD he is teaching some awesome life changing principles. All of those that are in the LOA challenge should just tune in to his broadcast. He says if you don't like your life get a seed out of the word plant it in your heart and it WILL manifest. He said If I had known this when I first started out as a chrisitian can you imagine how far along I would be! I thought WOOOOOOOOW.

gn1g said:
I am praying for Carlton, I sure hope he he comes back. I remember the wedding deal. He was a door for my spiritual father TDJakes.

Eddie Long is awesome. And how about the new comer Jamal Bryant the boy is off the hook.

The Lord told me a couple of weeks ago to expect the unexpected from Creflo Dollar. I have been watching him faithfully for since that day and MY GOD he is teaching some awesome life changing principles. All of those that are in the LOA challenge should just tune in to his broadcast. He says if you don't like your life get a seed out of the word plant it in your heart and it WILL manifest. He said If I had known this when I first started out as a chrisitian can you imagine how far along I would be! I thought WOOOOOOOOW.

"GN", I hear you...I've been planted in the word for 24 years and there's is nothing like it...Nothing! I won't turn back for anything.

Love you...

Back