CAROL'S DAUGHTER HAIR PRODUCTS

LAYDEE

I've been noticing that alot of people just do not like carol's daughter. I've been using her herbal mint shampoo for six months now and i actually love it. true she does have products that can weigh your hair down-but it also depends on how much you put in. in my opinion the shampoo does a great job of deeply cleansing your hair-the natural products are definitley a A+ for relaxed or natural hair. give it a chance--another good place to buy natural products is kiehls. please feel free to post your opinion-or give ideas you feel or better. Peace and MO hair

Last edited:

chayil0427

I just ordered "Some of Marguerite's Magic" It's a little heavy but, if used sparingly, it does depart a nice sheen and softness. I want to try the Mimosa Hair Honey and Hair Balm. I'm a little nervous about trying the Poos and Cons cause I'm so in love with my Kera Care hydrating detangling poo and humecto. What products have you used, and what were your results?

Thanks for the thread. I was thinking of starting a CDs thread too so I'm glad there is one up.

Chayil

Brownie

I tried 2 of the products and found them to be nothing special for my hair. My hair feels super dry a day or so after using them. I won't be buying again. The smell of the HHB is enough to keep me away also. I liked the smell at first, but then, it kept lingering to the point of being irritating. I smelt like a medicine cabinet. I'm not crazy about the smell of lemongrass either.

LAYDEE

hey chay! thanks for responding:grin: right now iam using the Rosemary mint herbal shampoo with sea moss-i find that it goes deep down and cleans my hair very well. and it doesnt leave my hair feeling rough. i then deep condition with tui hair smoothie-the smell is very sweet but it is needed because the rosemary stinks girl!! last but not least i use Lisa's hair elixir-just twice a week-it adds alot of sheen and moisture to your hair--this is one of her products that will weigh down on your hair if not used correctly-that's why i only use it twice a week, i learned the hard way. those are the only products i use from her catalog-and thus far iam very pleased. i also use salerm21 for my rollersets. my hair is healthy and very manageable

Ebonygurl00

I've been hearing about the HHB, but I don't know if it would be too heavy for my hair. I like my hair to feel light, so I don't know if this line is for me. I may order some, though, just to try it out.

Peachtree

I used CD's HHB throughout my 18mth transition with great results....until she changed the formula from a "yellow thick buttery" texture to a "white creamy" texture. My hair didn't respond the same to the newer formula... so I stopped using the product. That was almost 2 yrs ago. Now that my hair is all natural (& far longer), I've been thinking about repurchasing, in hopes that my hair will respond better to whatever formula she's using now... but I haven't made up my mind yet...

chayil0427

LAYDEE said:
hey chay! thanks for responding:grin: right now iam using the Rosemary mint herbal shampoo with sea moss-i find that it goes deep down and cleans my hair very well. and it doesnt leave my hair feeling rough. i then deep condition with tui hair smoothie-the smell is very sweet but it is needed because the rosemary stinks girl!! last but not least i use Lisa's hair elixir-just twice a week-it adds alot of sheen and moisture to your hair--this is one of her products that will weigh down on your hair if not used correctly-that's why i only use it twice a week, i learned the hard way. those are the only products i use from her catalog-and thus far iam very pleased. i also use salerm21 for my rollersets. my hair is healthy and very manageable

Yea, I was reading about the Rosemary shampoo last night. Maybe I'll have to give that a run. The Magic kinda smells too. I mean it's not a bad smell, it's just a really woody earthy kinda smell.

Chayil