carols daughter shampoo made my hair hard and tangled :(

fattyfatfat

Earlier this week I used a carols daughter shampoo to wash my hair (i think it was the rosemary mint one). My hair was tangled and hard! I wanted to cry because when I was combing it a lot of my hair came out. I almost didnt go to class! It was strange b/c on the bottle it says for detangling but that ***** lied because my ends were very tangled. I used an Aphogee hot oil treatment to detangle and my hair feels a lot better now.

Anyone have/had the same experience? What did you do (or put in it) to stop it from being tangled?

TIA

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I experienced the same thing with her shampoos. I guess when you try to go all natural, there are some drawbacks. The only thing I could do afterwards was either use CON shampoo (no longer using that) and condition

Candiss

your are natural then you may want to try braiding your hair in large braids ans shampoo and condition it that way and let your hair dry then take the braids out and it shouldn't be tangled. I don't wash my hair when it is loose anymore, too many tangles no matter what brand of shampoo I use.

I am not really impressed with Carol's Daughter products. They didn't do much for my hair when I was natural and now that i'm relaxed my hair hates it.

I tried the Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie treatment, because the ingredients looked good, but it made me hair a hard tangled mess. The Black Vanilla Leave-in made my hair really dry. I guess they don't work well on relaxed hair. Although the the Hair Balm made my NATURAL hair greasy.:ohwell:

asubeauty

Oh dang, I was getting ready to try Carol's Daughter products... it's a good thing I clicked this thread!

bravenewgirl87

slightly off-topic, but w/e.
I got the same results with the Aveda Sap Moss that everyone has been raving about, i ended up using Oscar Blandi Hair Crema Conditioner to detangle and moisturize my hair. I don't know if its natural products or what, but i had the same results as you did. Thats what my friend, wishin4bsl said. Natural products/shampoos seem to revert and damage texturized or chemically-proccessed hair. Agree or disagree?

Wishin4BSL

Noooo! I didn't say that it REVERTS OR DAMAGES chemically processed hair! I just said that it doesn't WORK very well. At least not for me. I actually recently discovered that water and oil (as natural as you can get!) works the best for me for moisturizing my hair daily. I actually don't think I need to use it daily. It stays really moisturized. But a lot of the "natural" products leave my hair tangled and matted. Everyone's hair is different though.