Carolyn Gray new book review

Miosy

Ladies, I just finished reading her new book and this is my review. I did not read the first book so this is the first time I am reading her material.
Whenever I read a book I pull out my highlighter and highlight important info that I want to refer to later on. Unfortunately, I did not highlight anything because everything in the book is info I already knew or learned from being on the board.

So, if you have a regime and have your hair going in the right direction, this book in my opinion is to basic for you.

Now if you are new to the hair thang and want to find a regime for yourself, then this book is a good start.

As for me I give it a 3 from a scale of 1 to 5 only because it was much to basic for me.
Other than that, I would recommend the book to someone who is starting off in taking care of their own hair

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I got mine today. It's more "polished" than the first one. I prefer the spiral binding.
There's no earth shattering info for anyone that frequents Internet hair boards. But most people don't. This book is for them. I just like having hair books.
And her product rec's usually work well for me, too.

On one page she mentions not having to buy all the products she recommends--just one or two from each category. She said, "I know this won't stop some of you from becoming product junkies, but you can't blame it on me!"

She talks about the changes she's made to her routine and she metions some new products--Healthier Hair in a Bottle Hot Oil Treatment and HHIB Moisturizing & Detangling Mist.

I... must... have... these...

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
She talks about the changes she's made to her routine and she metions some new products--Healthier Hair in a Bottle Hot Oil Treatment and HHIB Moisturizing & Detangling Mist.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you can get them. Of course, anytime after December 31, 2003.
I'm watching you chica.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm watching you chica.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra you are too funny!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I'm watching you chica.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has a HHIB Ends Treatment, too.
I spent at least 10 minutes
after I read the part about her mother having a relaxer applied incorrectly. She said she looked like the Heat Mizer from the animated Christmas movie!

I couldn't resist. This is the Heat Miser for those who don't know:

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
This is the Heat Miser for those who don't know:

[/ QUOTE ]

That is too funny!!!

A_Christian

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I'm watching you chica.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has a HHIB Ends Treatment, too.
I spent at least 10 minutes
after I read the part about her mother having a relaxer applied incorrectly. She said she looked like the Heat Mizer from the animated Christmas movie!

I couldn't resist. This is the Heat Miser for those who don't know:

[/ QUOTE ]

Good gawsh