Cassia, Henna, Indigo & Amla Info Sheet from Mehandi (long)

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Thanks for the info Jlove..I'm think I'm gonna join the henna head fo 07...
I WANT THE BLING!

CynamonKis

Good you posted this I started to scan it and post it up here, info is invaluable.

JLove74 said:
I called Catherine & asked her to email this to me so I could share w/you guys. This is the info sheet that is put in all of the orders and very helpul for mixing. If you'd like the whole document click here: http://www.esnips.com/web/HennaInfo (scroll down and click on file)

Cassia Obovata is a plant.[/B] The powdered leaves have chrysophanic acid and tannins, which are antifungal, and will leave your hair glossy, dandruff-free, and healthy. Cassia Obovata will not change your hair color, unless your hair is white-blonde. Cassia obovata has a low content of golden dye, but it won’t show up on most people’s hair. Very few people are allergic to cassia, but it can happen! Test first!

To mix and apply Cassia Obovata:
Apply Cassia Obovata to clean, dry hair.
Mix Cassia Obovata with warm or hot water and let it sit for 15 minutes. Add enough water to make a paste about the consistency of stirred up yogurt.
Section your hair, and apply the Cassia Obovata paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair.
Wrap your hair in plastic, and wrap a towel around that to reduce mess, and increase warmth.
Leave the paste in your hair for ½ hour.
Rinse the paste out.

Henna, Lawsonia Inermis, is a plant.
The powdered leaves have Lawsone (hennotannic acid), a red-orange dye and antifungal, and will leave your hair glossy, dandruff-free, and healthy. Henna will penetrate and dye your hair’s keratin. The resulting color will be a combination of your natural color and the red-orange henna color. Very few people are allergic to henna, but it can happen! Test first!
Mix and apply henna:
Apply henna to clean, dry hair.
Mix henna with lemon juice, grapefruit juice, rainwater, or other mildly acidic liquid, and let it sit for 12 hours at 75F or 24 C. Add enough liquid to make a paste about the consistency of stirred up yogurt.
Section your hair, and apply the henna paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair. Wear plastic gloves, because henna will stain your hands orange. Carefully wipe henna away from forehead and ears, because it will stain skin orange.
Wrap your hair in plastic and wrap a towel around that to reduce mess and increase warmth.
Leave the paste in your hair for at least an hour, and up to 6 hours. The longer you leave the henna in, the more dye will penetrate your hair. If you put a dryer bonnet on over your wrapped hennaed hair and heat it, you’ll get more stain faster.
Rinse the paste out.
The henna stain will darken over the next 3 days.

Indigo is a plant. The powdered leaves have a natural dark blue dye. Apply indigo after henna to dye your hair jet black. Mix indigo into henna to dye your hair brown. Very few people are allergic to indigo, but it can happen. Test first!
Mix and apply Indigo for jet-black hair:
Apply indigo to clean hair. If you want jet-black hair, henna your hair first, then indigo your hair as soon as you have rinsed the henna out of your hair.
Mix indigo with warm water and let it sit for 1 minute. Add enough water to make a paste about the consistency of stirred up yogurt. Many people find a spoonful of salt helps the indigo stain darker.
Section your hair, and apply the indigo paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair. Wear plastic gloves, because indigo will stain your hands blue. Carefully wipe indigo away from forehead and ears, because it will stain skin blue.
Wrap your hair in plastic, and wrap a towel around that to reduce mess, and increase warmth.
Leave the paste in your hair for 1 hour. If you put a dryer bonnet on over your wrapped hair, and heat it, you’ll get more stain faster.
Rinse the paste out.
The indigo stain will darken over the next 2 days.

Mix and apply indigo and henna together for dark brown hair:
Apply the mix to clean hair. Prepare henna paste as above. Let it sit 12 hours.
Mix indigo with warm water and let it sit for 1 minute. Mix them together. The more indigo you add, the darker the brown.
Section your hair, and apply the paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair. Wear plastic gloves, because the paste will stain your hands. Carefully wipe the paste away from forehead and ears, because it will stain skin.
Leave the paste in your hair for 1 to 5 hours. If you put a dryer bonnet on over your wrapped hair, and heat it, you’ll get more stain faster.
Rinse the paste out.
The stain will darken over the next 2 days.

Amla is a plant: Emblica Officinalis. The dried, powdered fruit has tannins, vitamin C, and is astringent. Amla adds texture, volume, wave, curl and shine to your hair. It will facilitate uptake of other dyes, but does not itself have a dye. Scrub your face and body with amla for a glowing, clean complexion. Very few people are allergic to amla, but it can happen! Test first!
Mix and apply Amla for healthy skin and hair:
Mix amla with water in a ceramic bowl to the consistency of thick soup, and warm it in the microwave until it’s hot but not boiling. Let it cool.
Apply warm amla paste to your face and body and leave it 5 - 10 minutes, then scrub it off.
For curly hair, section your hair, and apply the amla paste, and gradually work it into all of your hair.
Leave the paste in your hair for ½ hour for wavy hair, longer for curls. If amla irritates your skin, wash it out sooner.
Shampoo the paste out.

Walnut is a plant: Juglans Nigra.
The dried, powdered nut husks have a brown dye. You can add the liquid from simmered walnut husks to your henna mixture to get brunette tones, or you can add the powder to henna. Walnut is not a very effective hair dye. Also, many people are allergic to walnuts, and may experience allergic painful reactions to hair dye with walnut powder. Do not use walnut powder in your mixture without patch testing first, and do not use it at all if you have nut allergies.

Remember: Everybody’s allergic to something …. And no matter what it is, somebody’s allergic to it.
Test first!
[/SIZE]

For bulk discount quantities of henna and indigo
visit http://www.blackcatredcat.com

gn1g

Mix and apply indigo and henna together for dark brown hair:
Apply the mix to clean hair. Prepare henna paste as above. Let it sit 12 hours.
Mix indigo with warm water and let it sit for 1 minute. Mix them together. The more indigo you add, the darker the brown.
Section your hair, and apply the paste to your scalp, and gradually work it into all of your hair. Wear plastic gloves, because the paste will stain your hands. Carefully wipe the paste away from forehead and ears, because it will stain skin.
Leave the paste in your hair for 1 to 5 hours. If you put a dryer bonnet on over your wrapped hair, and heat it, you’ll get more stain faster.
Rinse the paste out.
The stain will darken over the next 2 days.

I am nervous about henna, because it sounds so complicated plus you have to some what "guess up" on the color.

off to order indigo.

Xavier

I am a little confused:confused: ...I thought INDIGO was just the color of the heena. Can indigo be used by itself and does it contain the same benefits (thicker strands, conditioning, etc) as henna?

CynamonKis

Indigo has also been called black henna. I tried to do indigo alone and for me it didn't work. For me it only worked after I did henna. Turned my gray hairs black.

brownsugababe said:
I am a little confused:confused: ...I thought INDIGO was just the color of the heena. Can indigo be used by itself and does it contain the same benefits (thicker strands, conditioning, etc) as henna?

JFemme

Ok, I'm new to the Henna bandwagon...

I've ordered the Jamila brand form Amazon...and I purchased Surya Cream Henna a few weeks ago...

But after reading the reviews, it seems that its not as good at covering gray :nono:

I think I'm gonna use Bigen this time round, cause I've got it on hand, and use the Henna later, after I've learned how to properly apply it, et cetera...

Q, though

Can I apply Amla power over the Bigen or between washes...

I have the Hesh brand...

Thanks, Ya'll:yep:

(bear with me, I'm a newbie):spinning:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Ok, I'm new to the Henna bandwagon...

I've ordered the Jamila brand form Amazon...and I purchased Surya Cream Henna a few weeks ago...

But after reading the reviews, it seems that its not as good at covering gray :nono:

I think I'm gonna use Bigen this time round, cause I've got it on hand, and use the Henna later, after I've learned how to properly apply it, et cetera...

Q, though

Can I apply Amla power over the Bigen or between washes...

I have the Hesh brand...

Thanks, Ya'll:yep:

(bear with me, I'm a newbie):spinning:

It does cover them... it just made mine a coppery color (which I kinda like. They look like highlights)

JFemme

It does cover them... it just made mine a coppery color (which I kinda like. They look like highlights)

Ok..Coppery is not bad...:look: My grays are around my temple:drunk::blush:

Does it rub off on stuff, after you've dried your hair from the intial application...?

I workout alot, so my mind went to sweat and hair color running or rubbing off on towels ...thats a no-no..:nono:

Another Q, how long did it last overall... 4-6 weeks is what I'm reading..

Thanks for replying, ILMG:yep: preciate it !!!