CASTOR OIL CASTOR OIL CASTOR OIL!!!

winterinatl

All natural!
*Whew*

Just had to get that off my chest.

I cannot believe the softness.

I used it after washing and conditioning; after my leave in (some Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and Salerm21 mixed) all I added was Castor oil (clear), when I usually use a serum.

It dried so silky and soft...I couldn't tell I didn't add extra cones. My hair stayed moisturized, as well. I added a few drops of thinner oil to make it spread easier...but it was 90% castor oil.

I used it last time on top of leave in and serum (serum helps me detangle) and ooooooooooo.

If I ever decide to transition, this is what I'd use to help me through.

Oh, and it's great on my ends. Unbelievable.

I just wish it smelled a little better; I am trying to think of ways to make it smell 'fresher' on my head.

Thanks for the raves, it has helped my head a lot!

Oh, do you find it helps keep frizz at bay, or do you all need to keep serum for that?

Does anyone flat iron with Castor oil successfully? Does it gunk up the iron, weigh your hair down? right now it is great for me for air drying.

LovelyLionessa

*Whew*

Just had to get that off my chest.

I cannot believe the softness.

I used it after washing and conditioning; after my leave in (some Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and Salerm21 mixed) all I added was Castor oil (clear), when I usually use a serum.

It dried so silky and soft...I couldn't tell I didn't add extra cones. My hair stayed moisturized, as well. I added a few drops of thinner oil to make it spread easier...but it was 90% castor oil.

I used it last time on top of leave in and serum (serum helps me detangle) and ooooooooooo.

If I ever decide to transition, this is what I'd use to help me through.

Oh, and it's great on my ends. Unbelievable.

I just wish it smelled a little better; I am trying to think of ways to make it smell 'fresher' on my head.

Thanks for the raves, it has helped my head a lot!

Oh, do you find it helps keep frizz at bay, or do you all need to keep serum for that?

Does anyone flat iron with Castor oil successfully? Does it gunk up the iron, weigh your hair down? right now it is great for me for air drying.

I love me some castor oil, it's a wonder drug. :yep: It's amazing how oil can act as a substiture for silicone in providing smoothness.

I don't recommend using it for heat styling though as heat + oil will literally fry your hair. :nono:

mscocoface

Castor is a main staple. I would say for the smell if you have any lemon, orange or rose oil, something that you can place in the castor to cut the smell it should do fine.

I have peppermint and a violet oil that I use some times. Depending on what I feel like smelling that day.

Hair Iam

I wouldn't use for flat ironing , too heavy, but this little oil is a gift from God.
Add coconut oil to change the smell or peppermint oil....I adore Castor oil:grin:

dillard

i'm gonna flat-iron my roots tomorrow so I'll know. I just washed, used lacio lacio and added castor oil to my water bottle (and also to my wet rollers, I think I might've overdone it :look:) i'm gonna airdry it overnight and then iron my roots in the morning, i'll let u know how it turns out and if it does anything to my beloved FHI :)

Maa Maa omo mti

I loooooove this product too. I bought mine online from sam.

It has seriously done some wonders for my hair, my ends aren't dry anymore, and lately people have been thinking I have a wig on. My mom just asked me the other day don't I think my hair is too long:lachen: I told her never!!!. It's not even where I want it yet. I'm apl but not officially claiming till months down the line.

Energee

I love castor oil too! I order mine from CamdenGray or pick it up from any health food store near me.

KAT25

I use the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil and it is odorless and I have flat iron my hair with it and it is beautiful!! It is a wonder oil. I am like 6 or 7 weeks post relaxer and the castor has helped my ng be softer along with the wonder 8 oil

blueabyss333

You can go to the laxative section of any drugstore or Wal-Mart and find it there.

A lot of ladies here (including me) order Jamaican black castor oil from Sam's Club online.

ETA: Here's the link:

http://www.sams247.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx
I checked the laxactive section of 5 drug stores/supermarkets. :wallbash: No one has it in my area. The thing is, there's no sense in me paying a higher price plus shipping for something I can buy in the store for less that $3 when the store version works just the same.:rolleyes: I haven't tried Wal-Mark, but thank you anyway.

mrselle

How are you all applying the castor oil? Directly to the scalp or just on your hair? I used it several months back. I'd just had a baby and my hair was shedding a lot and I had a bald spot at the temples and the crown of my head was really thin. Castor oil brought my hair back to life. The only issue I have with it is that it is too thick for my fine hair and it made my hair sticky. Any suggestions?

meaganita

I use Castor oil diluted w/1 part Jojoba oil (and that's 3 parts castor). I apply to my hair mostly as a sealant, but I've also applied it to my scalp. I think I'm going to start using it on my edges too.:yep:

winterinatl

All natural!
How are you all applying the castor oil? Directly to the scalp or just on your hair? I used it several months back. I'd just had a baby and my hair was shedding a lot and I had a bald spot at the temples and the crown of my head was really thin. Castor oil brought my hair back to life. The only issue I have with it is that it is too thick for my fine hair and it made my hair sticky. Any suggestions?

I have been applying it all over to damp hair, as a sealant, on my hair, about a quarter to half dollar sized amount cut with a thinner oil to help the spreadability. Then, after the wash, I will moisten my ends with water and seal with straight castor oil.

I just bought some castor oil from an Indian shop and I love it! It is mixed with some fragrance, prolly rose water. It smells great, my hair loves it, I love it and dh loves the scent as well.:grin::grin::grin:

Brownie518

Got to LOOOOVE the Castor Oil!!! I just recently started using the regular and I have to say...:infatuated:. I can't believe the softness! Incredible!

Country gal

I checked the laxactive section of 5 drug stores/supermarkets. :wallbash: No one has it in my area. The thing is, there's no sense in me paying a higher price plus shipping for something I can buy in the store for less that $3 when the store version works just the same.:rolleyes: I haven't tried Wal-Mark, but thank you anyway.

What about vitamin shop? I did a thread comparing the two castor oils. It seems they both work the same. I just purchase my castor oil from Vitamin Shop. My hair is super thick. When I wore it straight I got lots of comments re thickness and length of my hair.

brownsugarflyygirl

I heart Castor Oil. It is most definitely one of my top three staples. I dilute mine with Jojoba and spike it with peppermint and rosemary EOs. It gives it a nice smell and gives my scalp a nice tingle.

Candy_C

i used to use this when my hair was dry

its a very good oil, especially on blowdried hair

be careful though, too much and hair will pop

Diya

Sooo, after all of the rave reviews of Castor Oil, I decided I had to try it for myself.

I stopped into Walgreens after my dance class tonight and looked all around the store and couldn't find it anywhere. So, I walked up to the pharmacist's counter and ask if they carry castor oil. The first guy looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language and kept muttering it to himself "castor oil... castor oil" :scratchch. Then he finally asked another pharmacist if they still carried it and he proceeds to yell across the counter to me "CASTOR OIL?? LIKE THE LAXATIVE STUFF?" LOL! I was like ummm, :eek::blush:!! I didn't say anything... just followed him to the aisle, grabbed the bottle and kept it movin' :look:

...as if he was gonna buy the whole "No, it's for my hair" story :lachen:This stuff had better be good!

sunshinebeautiful

I have been applying it all over to damp hair, as a sealant, on my hair, about a quarter to half dollar sized amount cut with a thinner oil to help the spreadability. Then, after the wash, I will moisten my ends with water and seal with straight castor oil.

I never thought to mix it with a more spreadable oil. Castor oil is crazy thick. I'll try this.

bluefolli

It is good!!! It's my sealant staple.

Sooo, after all of the rave reviews of Castor Oil, I decided I had to try it for myself.

I stopped into Walgreens after my dance class tonight and looked all around the store and couldn't find it anywhere. So, I walked up to the pharmacist's counter and ask if they carry castor oil. The first guy looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language and kept muttering it to himself "castor oil... castor oil" :scratchch. Then he finally asked another pharmacist if they still carried it and he proceeds to yell across the counter to me "CASTOR OIL?? LIKE THE LAXATIVE STUFF?" LOL! I was like ummm, :eek::blush:!! I didn't say anything... just followed him to the aisle, grabbed the bottle and kept it movin' :look:

...as if he was gonna buy the whole "No, it's for my hair" story :lachen:This stuff had better be good!