*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

zora

I'm in.

I'll be using l'huile maskreti

My hair is 1/3 natural, 1/3 texturized and 1/3 relaxed. Somewhere between SL and APL

I'm going to try to use it 3x a week on scalp, but my hair is thin. I'll definitely use it as a pre-poo.

Curly Lee

I'm in.
I'm natural and APL.
I'll be using castor oil on my edges to help them grow in. I'll also mix in my DC from time to time.
I'm using now castor oil, when this runs out I'll be using JBCO.

Will update and post more pictures at the end of December.

tashastangles

Hey ladies!
I'm natural 3c/4a
bsl
I'm using regular castor oil
On scalp 3x wkly
In oil seal mixture also

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322447614027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322447614027.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 64

faithVA

What type of Castor Oil will you be using:
I have a castor oil blend I received with another purchase. It has castor oil as a base with several other oils and essential oils.

Tell us a bit about your hair::
My hair is 4B, medium density, SL. My hair at the crown is thinner. It has crown in a lot since the beginning of the year but I want it thicker.

How will you be using your Castor Oil:
At least 1x a week I will use it to do a scalp massage. I will apply it to my scalp prior to adding my conditioner. And I will apply it to my scalp mid week just as an oil.

I will post my starting pic in December.
SeptemberLengthPic1.jpg

NapeLengthCheckPic1.JPG

Last edited:

greenandchic

I'm in! :yay:

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: I will be using mostly Home Health brand castor oil. I have some JBCO left, but not sure if I will reorder once I'm done with it. Its a bit of a challenge because I cant get it on the ground and shipping for it is expensive.

Tell us a bit about your hair:
Medium density
Medium/fine strands
Porous
4a/3c

Scalp massages 3x a week. I will also use it on my edges and seal the length of my hair with my homemade liquid hair balm which has castor oil in it.

I will post a photo later.

TeeSGee

What type of Castor Oil will you be using:JBCO

I am currently relaxed and would love to thicken up my edges and nape.

I will be oiling my scalp 3x wkly with JBCO.

Skiggle

I will be using JBCO mixed with peppermint oil/coconut oil.

I have natural APL hair. I have 4a/b hair that has medium strands with high density. I will be wearing wigs/half wigs. My hair will be cornrows. Ends tuck away.
I will be massaging the Castor Oil into my scalp at least 3 times per week, but very lightly, my scalp tends to itch. I will also my JBCO mix with sulfur for my edges only. I have a spot I want to thicken up.[/QUOTE]

Cornrows:

Last length check in June/July. I will not be doing a length check until the end of Jan. I will update then.

Ms_CoCo37

I will be using JBCO as well as my regular Castor Oil.

I am natural with a head full of thick curly, unruly hair. I love it, and I hate it. 2011 was a rough year for me (breakage and a run in with the scissor happy stylist at the Dominican salon). I would really like to work on retaining length in 2012.

I will be massaging the Castor Oil into my scalp at least 3 times per week.
I will also be mixing it with my conditioners.

I'm hoping this, coupled with my steamer and protective styles will help with retention.

Please help me get out of BSL/MBL limbo...:pray:

I will post my starting pic after the HYH Reveal on December 31st.

LaBelleLL

@LaBelleLL and @zora Where are you ladies getting your Hatian Castor Oil from?

from Haiti by way of Miami. my parents swear the kind they import to Miami is of better quality than what is sold in NY. either way, you just have to find a good vendor that doesn't corrupt the oil to increase their supply.

hth!

prettybyrd

Count me in! I am in the Full and Healthy Crown and Edges challenge, so this works out well!

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: Tropic Isle JBCO with Coconut Oil. I may try the Lavendar one too.

Tell us a bit about your hair: My hair strands are medium textured and medium thickness. ( I think my hair would be classified as 4a...I dunno...) My edges are in recovery and the sides are thin. I am using the JBCO and massage to thicken up these areas.

How will you be using your Castor Oil: As a nightly massage especially for my edges, crowns, and sides. I really like using it on my scalp while warm. mmmm!:lick:

I am in several challenges for 2012, so I will post a pic in my siggy by January. Until then, I have pics here.

Last edited:

greenandchic

Is anyone going to use their castor oil straight, or will you mix it with other oils? I used it straight on my scalp last night via a color applicator bottle and by the morning, it felt like my hair sucked it all up!

tajaun

I'm joining! I will update this post with more details and a pic.

by the way who know where i can buy some jbco in the washington dc/baltimore area ??

prettybyrd

greenandchic, the one I use now has coconut oil mixed with the JBCO. I've found that my hair responds just like your with the coconut oil and the plain JBCO. I also apply using a color applicator. It allows just enough to come out.

greenandchic

prettybyrd - Thanks for the heads up! When I find a place that wont charge me $$$ for shipping for the JBCO, I will get more of that. I've been hording the bottle I have for almost a year because of cost of shipping since its almost impossible to get it in the States on the ground.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I'm in. I take my pic when I start the Crown & Glory challenge.
What type of Castor Oil will you be using: JBCO most likely mixed with another oil & Saravun Castor Oil Cream
Tell us a bit about your hair: natural, I think 4-5 inches/4a/b/I dunno
How will you be using your Castor Oil- mostly on my scalp - 3+ times per week, my use on length since I will be in kinky twists for crown & glory challenge

ETA: delete pic & attach instead, since not showing for all

Attachments

• photoh2.JPG
    photoh2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

prettybyrd

greenandchic, the Tropic Isle Living website has a list of distributors, some with links to the pages where they sell the product on line. I see you're on the WC, and there is a distributor with a website located in CA - perhaps the shipping will be less from that location for you. Here's the link.

ETA: There's also one in Washington. I'm guessing that means Washington state since I don't recognize the area code.

Last edited:

prettybyrd

This is good for everyone actually - Jamaica Hut sells Tropic Isle Living JBCO (and other products) and ships three products for only 4.95 to the US and Canada.

I've never used this company before, but with those shipping rates, I thought it might be worth mentioning for some of the ladies here!

tajaun

I have relaxed somewhere between neck and shoulder length hair. i would like to obtain a FULL, THICK, HEALTHY, APL or BSL. I will apply castor oil to my scalp atleast 3 times a week in my mega tek mixture. Also seal with co. i will be using regular drugstore/walmart brand. UNLESS there is someone in the Washington DC/ Baltimore area who knows where i can get some JBCO preferrably the extra dark

Attachments

• Photo0718.jpg
    Photo0718.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 42

greenandchic

This is good for everyone actually - Jamaica Hut sells Tropic Isle Living JBCO (and other products) and ships three products for only 4.95 to the US and Canada.

I've never used this company before, but with those shipping rates, I thought it might be worth mentioning for some of the ladies here!

Thanks for the heads up, I was just looking at that!
:reddancer:

prettybyrd

tajaun - If you are in Baltimore, you can get JBCO from Everyone's Place on North Avenue. The area is a little scary, but the store is nice. Call ahead to make sure they have it before you go, and I don't know if it's extra dark or not.

No, problem greenandchic! When I saw that I got excited! :lachen:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I'm in Evallusion if someone can explain to me how you get the castor oil to work WITHOUT SEVERE ITCHING? I use to sell it at my sister's shop last year, but it stopped after about 2 mnths lol!

I still have a bunch of lavender (4 oz & 8 oz ) only for those interested & can't get it on the ground! (I have some listed in the swap/sell section)

Lavender jbco for sale

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Evallusion I don't usually take pics, so I may have to follow along from the sidelines
put this is a great time for me to pick back up and learn what the heck to do with all the castor oil i have left

It made me itch... however 6-9 mnths later I'm still itching lol... so heyell i guess it may not have been the castor oil
needless to say, my crown is thinner b/c I am an excessive shedder (especially during colder months) and I scratch this area all day every day!

So I will learn from you ladies a concoction that works best... and it will only or mostly be applied to my crown & edges

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
tiffjust2002 Sure she can join. Now you've got me wanting to try this with my toddler.

greenandchic I'm going to be using my oil straight but I'm planing to use sulfur and/rosemary eo mixed in. I apply my oil with an applicator bottle as well and I've also found that my scalp sucks up JBCO, but not so much with regular Castor Oil.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT Perhaps you are allergic to it then. Try cutting it with another oil, if the itchies persist, I would stop usage.

And a big welcome to everyone else!! Lets keep it going!!

Skiggle

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT
I have this problem too! What I do is mix the JBCO with coconut oil, heat it up for 15 secs in the microwave, then add peppermint or tea tree oil (about 7/8 drops) and lightly massage it on my scalp.
No itchies for me.
I bought my JBCO from ebay, you guys should check there too!