*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

faithVA

Massaged HBCO into my edges tonight and massaged a little bit of coffee castor oil into my crown area.

faithVA

oiled my scalp with coffee castor oil and gave myself a quick scalp massage. Part of me wants to sit under my heat cap and add some heat but the rest of me is too lazy to get off the bed.

I guess between now and 10 pm I should get up at some point.

I have about a month of my coffee castor oil left. Then I will move onto my HBCO.

faithVA

@faithVA do you think the coffee oil is worth the trouble? Whats hbco?

No I don't think its worth the trouble. It was fun to do one time but I think I can get the same benefits from castor oil mixed with some EOs. I don't think my hair has a love affair with caffeine. So I don't have any reason to do it again.

HBCO is Haitian Black Castor Oil.

CurlsBazillion

well I missed the day to post my ending picture but here they are.
start

as you can see not much difference. With a lot of trims I've pretty much maintained my length.

Attachments

• 2012-04-04_21-54-47_533.jpg
    2012-04-04_21-54-47_533.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 22

mscocopuff

My progress!!

image-2986009256.jpg

This is my start....

image-1891477746.jpg

This is now -- well about a month ago since I am currently wearing a sew in...

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

skyslady

I missed the April 1st deadline :sad: but I wanted to post results anyway.

SDC12090[1] (640x613).jpg

this was the start.

2012-03-14_13-41-09_997[1].jpg

this one is just before end of challenge.

There wasn't much growth but lots more thickness. I will continue to use castor oil as part of my regimen.

Last edited:

lilyofthenile

Hi ladies, I hope your challenge is going well!

I haven't really been using castor oil since I don't know where I put my JBCO Red Pimento Growth Oil but I'll be looking for it!

I purchased Groganics Grotivator Growth Moisturising Lotion, has anyone here used Groganics before?

faithVA

Ok.

Well I oiled my moms scalp with JBCO, oilive oil, sunflower oil and grapeseed oil.

I oiled my scalp with HBCO oil blend with EOs, did a scalp massage and sitting under my heat cap for 30 minutes.

sheanu

OK I fell off this thread hard!! Well I've started using more castor oil again (sometimes by itself but mostly in my brahmi-bhringraj mix). For a while I'd stopped using it because castor oil would make my scalp itch. For some reason I'm not having that problem anymore so I've been using castor oil for the past month or so. I've been noticing a lot of extremely fine hairs coming out whenever I washed my hair and I have been noticing some little fuzzies really coming in along my edges. When I went to get my braids redone my braider says to me "Oh I see your edges coming back in! You have all these baby hairs!" Apparently these baby hairs are just the beginning of regrowth on my edges :yep: I can't wait until my hair really thickens up! There are just a few more weeks til my wedding and I'm so excited about the progress. I doubt I'll be able to do the high bun I wanted but I'll at least be able to wear a weave without missing edges :grin: Thanks ladies!

Edit: I also forgot to mention I got .75" this past month! :drunk: Today makes a month since I got these braids in and my hair has really grown!

Last edited:

faithVA

Massaged a little castor oil mix into my roots this morning. Think I will do this each morning during the winter. After I use up this bottle won't buy any more castor oil for a while. Will switch over to olive oil for a while and see how that work. Just not shopping right now.