*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

ResieCupp

Count me in!

What type of Castor Oil will you be using:
Homemade castor oil mix , and Home Health Castor Oil

Tell us a bit about your hair:
I am natural, approaching SL. My hair is fine and color treated at the top, I hope to thicken up my edges.

How will you be using your Castor Oil:
I will oil my scalp 3x a week.

Attachments

• page.jpg
    page.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Phaer

I love JBCO, so I am in.

I am natural sL (stretched)
I keep my hair in Kinky Twist and wigs in between each installation
I love JBCO mixed with Aloe Vera gel. If I have some I mix a little bit of megatek.
I apply it every other night, alternating with my coconut moisturizing mix.

I am determined not to get impatient with my hair and plan on following my regimen for the whole year before I do a lenght check. I am also living in my hair bonnet; that is to say if I am home, I have my bonnet on, so that if I feel like taking a nap or lie down on the couch my hair is already protected.

GIJane

Just sat under the steamer with castor oil. I have been oiling my scalp with my castor oil mix 4x a week. I also seal my ends with castor oil everday. I think I am going to cut back with some of the sealing. I might go to sealing 3x a week. I have low porosity hair. I need to up my moisture. I just took another picture. I think my hair might have retain some of its growth since my last pic. Not for sure. Well good luck challengers.

i want to join this challenge. I'm in! I've been oiling my scalp with JBCO for about a month now.

JBCO mixed with tea tree

I am relaxed, APL. My hair is thick, I hope to grow my hair with consistent use.

I will oil my scalp 3x a week or more if im not feeling lazy.

Pic coming soon...

Bublin

Not sure if this question has already been asked.......
Is this Challenge open to anyone or only those in the USA?

hondahoney007

NOW Solutions Castor Oil 100% pure

I've decided to transition from relaxed to natural. (Last relaxer August 1, 2011) I've had a major set back since I have a semi permanent color and relaxer in my hair.(Major no no for me.)

I will be oiling my scalp 3x per wk (especially my nape and edges)

I will add pics before Jan 1st

faithVA

I haven't started using my castor oil yet. I already have an oil blend of other things and I am going to use that up for the month of December. I have an castor oil blend that I will add some EOs to and use that starting January 1 whether or not I am finished with the other oil blend.

I won't be in the twist challenge in January, so I will be able to take my hair down more often to give myself a scalp massage.

tajaun

About to apply dc, baggy, and go to sleep. Rinse in the am, moisturizer and seal. Apply sulfur mix when dry.
Happy hair growing.

faithVA

I figured out a way to be in the twist challenge and this one :yay: Styled my hair in twists tonight in such a way that midweek I can just take down the center section, oil and retwist without too much of a problem. Things are falling into place.

keelioness

Please include me in the challenge. I am currently using Home Health Cold Processed/ Pressed Castor Oil mixed with Now Brand jojoba oil.

About my hair: I am currently in micros thanks to a SHS who claimed she was only cutting 1" of hair. Of course she cut abt 2-3" .Anyhoo..starting pick was taken 2 weeks b4 micro install.I am doing the Greenhouse effect..applying jojoba/Castor at night , covering with plastic cap and a bonnet.
uploadfromtaptalk1323009912898.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Bublin

Anyone can join...you guys are gonna kill me with shipping, lol.:lol:

That's why i asked (don't be picking out my name and then put it back in the hat cus it's gonna cost you too much :lachen:).

@Evallusion I'm in.

Cold Pressed Castor Oil from Baldwins (health food store in London). I will be mixing it with Jojoba Oil and some Lavender and Rosemary Oil. Using it straight makes my scalp itch.

Natural. Fine hair that tangles/breaks really easily. I am between SL and APL when stretched.

Whenever my scalp feels dry and on the length to seal after washing or whenever i moisturise which is once or twice a day.

Today i applied to my scalp with an applicator bottle and then to the ends after i moisturised.

Last edited:

NewHairWOWeave

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: JBCO

Tell us a bit about your hair: I'm relaxed and recovering from a setback. Im SL and will be weaving my hair or getting a great wig/s for the New Year for the HYH Challene

How will you be using your Castor Oil: I will be using an applicator bottle to better reach the scalp 3-4 times a week and applying it to the length of my hair before it gets braided.

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

It's a good thing I saw this thread. It reminded me that tonight was the night for oiling my scalp with JBCO. I have my baggy and satin bonnet on and I'm all set for bed. :)

Tonto

!!!!!Castor Oil Challenge 2012!!!!!
(I'm borrowing from @BlackGeisha 's previous challenges)

The challenge will begin on January 1, 2012 and end on April 1, 2012.

Since its the holiday season (spirit of giving), I will be giving away a prize to a lucky ACTIVE participant of this challenge. On April 2nd there will be prize drawing to win your very own 8 ounce jar of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding :love3:

Rules :bat:

- You must enter AND submit a starting photo by January 1st, 2012 to be listed as a challenger and be entered into the drawing.
-- You can use any type of Castor Oil you desire.
-You must apply the castor oil to your scalp 3x’s a week at the minimum.
-You may apply the castor oil to the length of your hair if you wish to seal.
- You may mix your castor oil with another oil if it is too thick for you, or if irritation occurs.
--Check in once a week and let us know how your hair is doing.
-By the end of the challenge, April 1st, 2012, post your starting photo and your ending photo together.

Prize drawing will take place on April 2, 2012 using random.org. You must have a beginning and an ending photo to be eligible for the prize.

No Photo No Prize!

Now that thats out of the way...

I AM IN!!! I will be using Cold Pressed Castor oil.
My have 4b hair (even though I don't like the hair typing system). I am very close to APL (like less than half an inch). I want to maximize my retention and master my hair like never before.
I will be using my Castor oil mixed with another oil (Grape-seed or Jojoba or Olive) and massage it three times a week on my scalp and seal my hair with it. Pictures of my hair will be poster January

WantNatural

I'm in. I've been sealing with castor oil for over a month now, and using it in DC's for a year.

I will be using plain drugstore castor oil, when I run out I'll start using the cold pressed castor oil.

I'm natural, longest layer is about APL. The center back of my hair is thinner and shorter than the rest. I want to help growth and retention in this area. I also have some thinning in my edges. I want overall thickness and moisture retention in my hair.

I am using another oil infusion on my entire scalp right now, but will focus oiling my problem areas - center back and edges - at least 3 times per week. I also seal nightly and baggy/GHE, and add castor oil to my weekly DC.

I will add starting pic before the end of December. If I don't flatiron I'll be sure to post starting and ending pics with the same style for comparison.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
This is sort of a test post for my starting pic to see how it translates in a post. I started my KT, about 1/2 done. I took a pic before I started, but it flipped and I didn't realize it came out so dark. May try to take another pic with the sections I have left.

Ladies - let me know if I need a better pic, its not too bad to me, but I know how we are about pics around these parts :lachen:

Ms_CoCo37

Golden75, you may want to actually post your pic in the thread instead of in your siggy. That way, if you decide to change your siggy, your pic will still be in the thread.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Golden75, you may want to actually post your pic in the thread instead of in your siggy. That way, if you decide to change your siggy, your pic will still be in the thread.

@Ms_CoCo37 - I have issues with that :lachen:. Everytime I try to post a pic in a thread i get the dreaded red "X". It shows on my side, but no one else can see it. Let me see if a can create an album on LHCF then copy and paste. I was told an online album will avoid the X. Then I can try to take another pic of the top 1/2 of my head

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Golden75, girl you sound like me!:lachen: Don't feel bad, it took me a minute to figure out how to get my pix to post correctly.

1. Definitely create an album.
2. Upload your picture into your album.
3. Open this thread in a separate window, and click on post comment.
4. Once you get into the body of your message you can click on the Insert *Image icon above (the little mountain landscape with the sun).
5. Copy the URL link from the pic you want to insert (from your album) and paste it in the Insert Image prompt.

Your pic should show up.:grin:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Ms_CoCo37 - Thanks, it worked! I would not have figured that one out in a millions years, and I usually figure things out without instructions!!! The pic is like super duper huge, so I'll retake pics tonight.

faithVA

I oiled my scalp with the castor oil blend last night. My scalp was a little dry after my wash and henna regimen. The castor oil was soothing. My hair doesn't like a lot of oil but my scalp does :yep: I may oil my problem sections every night and the rest of my scalp every 2 to 3 nights.