Castor Oil for Fine-Haired Ladies

hennagirl

I have seen posts from fine-haired ladies saying castor oil was too heavy for their hair. I have fine hair and it was too heavy. Don't laugh. I just noticed DH uses Caswell-Massey Pre-Shave Oil -Almond. It is mostly castor oil and it is light enough for my fine hair. I use it now and I love it. It smells great.http://www.caswellmassey.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1627&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=78&iSubCat=96&iProductID=1627 I have included the link. The only downside is it is $30 for 6 oz.

I have/had fine hair and I use Castor Oil right after I wash it and b4 I dry it. It does wonders for the ends :yep:!

Last edited:
MonaRae said:
I have/had fine hair and I use Castor Oil right after I was it and b4 I dry it. It does wonders for the ends :yep:!

Same here. here are many oil mixes that arent 30 bucks a pop in the BSS :lol:

KiniKakes said:
Thanks for the recommendation HennaGirl! :)

Kind of you, Kinikakes. I think that Sunbasque is correct. I am sure that there are many other castor oil blends that aren't $30. I should have thought about cost factors before posting.

Try using Castor Oil as a pre-poo. Put it on and sit under heating cap or under the dryer with a plastic cap. Over time your hair will be tremendously thick.

yep---when I using it--i use it as a prepoo b/c it is too heavy for my fine hair to be bagging w/ or using nightly etc..

mscolwhite said:
Try using Castor Oil as a pre-poo. Put it on and sit under heating cap or under the dryer with a plastic cap. Over time your hair will be tremendously thick.

So when you pre-poo, do you use a lot to completely coat you hair?

My PJ alter-ego (wasn't me) just came back from BSS and purchased Jamacian Mango & Lime Island oil. The first ingredient is Castor oil :D. I havent used it on my head yet... but it absorbed quickly into my hand. It has other pretty impressive oils as well... The PJ re-surfacing in me told me to tell ya'll ... 'to check it out' next time your in the supply store. :lol:

Hair Iam said:
if you mix Castor oil and coconut oil I will not be as heavy.;)

Agreed. When i used to use Castor Oil (never bought any after i ran out) i simply added it to my DC treatment and it was fine.

I stopped because over time i didnt see that great of a difference. What i discovered really helped to thicken my hair up was Biotin (permanently) and Henna (temporarily).

so so chic said:
So when you pre-poo, do you use a lot to completely coat you hair?

Pretty thick. Not soaking but coated. Try mixing it in with some honey. Your hair will be so soft.

Back