Request Catholic Sub-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Catholics are not Christians, and most will tell you so. The theology of Catholicism and Christianity are worlds apart, therefore Catholicism SHOULD NOT BE A SUBFORUM of Christianity!! I can agree on having a Religious forum as long as the religions are separate from each other.

It's misunderstandings like these that make a separate forum a good idea. I also know of Catholics who say they aren't Christian, but that's because they are distinguishing themselves from Protestants as another poster just mentioned. This kind of reaction to Catholicism does not exactly entice Catholics to want to post in the Christian Forum despite their topics being relevant to Christianity. If they don't feel welcome, then they are going to avoid the Christian Forum.

Unfortunately, I do not believe there will not be another forum for Catholics or even other religions because that's not something that the forum owner wants to do for various reasons. Again, I encourage those who are interested in religion and other sects of Christianity to check out Religious Forums or Nappturality's Spirituality section if you want to stay around people from a similar element. I understand the desire to stay within this community, but it really isn't one that is going to facilitate the pursuit of those interests.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
It's 54 cents a month...
:

Yes it's cheap, but without the loyal support of all of its members, this forum would not be the phenomenon it is, so yes, I do believe that those who are paid subscribers to the forum most definitely should have a voice. This forum provides a lot and everyone loves it. It's the best of its kind in my opinion, but there's nothing wrong with making feature/forum requests and airing "grievances". :yep:

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

PittGirl06 said:
Yes it's cheap, but without the loyal support of all of its members, this forum would not be the phenomenon it is, so yes, I do believe that those who are paid subscribers to the forum most definitely should have a voice. This forum provides a lot and everyone loves it. It's the best of its kind in my opinion, but there's nothing wrong with making feature/forum requests and airing "grievances". :yep:

It's MY 54 cents. I get to decide what it's worth.

ceecy29

It was only when I came to America that I started to hear things like "Catholics are not Christians":perplexed . Some Catholics too would propagate this foolishness and I started to think that someone how, the cathechism was lacking in America. But I then came to realize that it was a means of seperating themselves from the protestant faith.

Bottom line: Christian means follower of Christ and His teachings. Come to mass one day and tell me if Catholics do otherwise :rolleyes:

I would appreciate a Catholic sub-forum. I share other aspects of life with ladies on this forum; ups, downs, joyous moments, vain moments etc. I would like an environment where I could fully live out my Christianity through Novenas, intercessory prayers etc.

Allandra

Could we have a catholic sub-forum in the Christian Forum where questions specific to that faith are not inadvertently derailed by those who don't comprehend catholic doctrine? There are quite a few catholics on LHCF and I think they would participate in the CF more if they felt protected enough to post without fear of having their faith shot down. I also think it would help keep more peace over there and would encourage mutual respect if there were an outlet for catholics to participate. Thank you for considering my request.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=15471359&postcount=161
The admin / owner of the LHCF already responded to this in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.