Catholics: Pope Francis to Consecrate World to Immaculate Heart

Galadriel

News story here at National Catholic Register: Pope Francis Will Consecrate World to Immaculate Heart of Mary, Oct. 13

I think it's *very* cool that Pope Francis is a devotee of Our Lady of Fatima, and to choose Oct. 13, the day that the Miracle of the Sun occurred, speaks volumes :yep:.

However, and this is just my personal opinion which you can take with a grain of salt, I hope that he does so in union with all the bishops, and specifically mentions Russia, which was requested by the Blessed Virgin. (From the Fatima Network):

[SIZE=+1]"I shall come to ask for the Consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart...If people attend to My requests, Russia will be converted and the world will have peace."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]I[/SIZE]n the apparition of July 13, Our Lady warned the three seers that if people did not stop offending God, He would punish the world "by means of war, hunger and persecution of the Church and of the Holy Father," using Russia as His chosen instrument of chastisement. She told the children that "to prevent this, I shall come to ask for the Consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart" and promised that, by this single public act, Russia would be converted and peace would be given to the world.
The Mother of God cautioned that if Her requests were not granted, "Russia will spread its errors throughout the world, raising up wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer and various nations will be annihilated."

[SIZE=+2]T[/SIZE]he Blessed Virgin's request for the Consecration of Russia remains one of the most controversial aspects of the entire Fatima Message. While several popes have undertaken consecrations of the world since the request was made public (including Pope John Paul II in 1982 and 1984), sadly, none of these have fulfilled the specific requirements of Our Lord and Our Lady's requests. In repeated visits to Sister Lucy, Heaven's King and Queen have insisted that it is Russia (and Russia only) that is to be the object of this public act of obedience and prayer. In addition, Our Lord and Our Lady have indicated that the Holy Father is to be joined in the act of consecration by all the Catholic bishops of the world on the same day and at the same time in their respective dioceses. Interestingly, only Pope Pius XII's consecration of the world in 1942 included substantial involvement of the bishops. Sister Lucy has written that this imperfect act of obedience, while not fulfilling Our Lady's Fatima request, nevertheless hastened the end of the Second World War, thus sparing the lives of tens of millions of souls.

-----------

Oh, and don't forget that tomorrow (Oct. 7) is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary!

JaneBond007

I agree and would like to add that, in my own, personal opinion, this will not go over well in other faiths. This actually reminds me of the Mormons baptizing deceased into their Church, catholics, Jews, protestants, others. I comprehend but even the eastern Orthodox? The Theotokos is present in both but...eh, I dunno about this. So, if I remember correctly, it's the Consecration of Russia.

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

I'm still perplexed about Russia. Why Russia? I remember being a little girl reading the bible of a woman who would watch us and her Bible specifically mentioned Russia as part of end times prophecy. Now this wasn't a catholic bible but I always wondered why Russia was singled out.

I'm doing a novena to the immaculate heart leading up to Oct 13. Why do you think the popes have not fulfilled this request to Our Lady's specification???

Galadriel

I'm still perplexed about Russia. Why Russia? I remember being a little girl reading the bible of a woman who would watch us and her Bible specifically mentioned Russia as part of end times prophecy. Now this wasn't a catholic bible but I always wondered why Russia was singled out. I'm doing a novena to the immaculate heart leading up to Oct 13. Why do you think the popes have not fulfilled this request to Our Lady's specification???

I think Our Lady asked for Russia's consecration first as a sign of grace and for the good of souls, and secondly because when the request was made, it was before WW2 and the spread of Communism and Communist-Atheistic ideals.

IMHO, the popes have had several obstacles to doing the consecration properly. For example w/ JP2, not all bishops participated; as JaneBond007 mentioned, the Orthodox Church in Russia would take offense at this, as well as some other parties...