Cathy Howse book for....

bjgsmith

Hello Ladies,
Don't know if this is the right forum, but I justed wanted yall to know that I just purchased Cathy Howse's book ULTRA Black Hair Growth II: Another 6 for $13.45 with free shipping on Barnes and NOble dot com. (www.bn.com). With tax, $14.84. HTH

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
you didnt need her book,you have us, i have read the book 3 or more times over. years ago tho. but she basicaly tells you what we already know,:grin:

Geminigirl

I have one of her books, it was cool when I was just starting out, but if I could go back, I wouldn't purchase. I still would have like to try her products though.

Uber

The book is alright if you stumble upon it first but if you have LHCF the book is not that necessary.

i think some LHCF ladies may say that the forum is more informative

LushLox

I think it's a decent book, and I'm glad I bought it, although I have learned much more on this forum.

Uber

I have one of her books, it was cool when I was just starting out, but if I could go back, I wouldn't purchase. I still would have like to try her products though.

I'm still using the DC. I love the tingle of this DC. There is a homemade recipe on this site but I am too lazy to do it.

I have tried the moisturiser but that was a mistake....my hair ended up in tangle city but I never really have much luck with creme moisturisers.

I have used the dew, that was also ok. I now use my own homemade "dew".

twinkletoes17

:O

I love both of her moisturizers! I don't know how her Dew will hold up now that I'm transitioning though. It was great when I was fully relaxed. Spray it on all the length of my hair, cover with a bonnet at night, super soft hair in the morning :)

Her creme moisturizer was good too, imo. I used it for braidouts and such.

I found her book and products before I ran into LHCF. I followed what she said to do to the T. My hair grew faster and I retained a little more than I used to. Reading her book won't hurt. I know some are saying if you've been introduced to LHCF first, then you don't need the book. A little more info never hurts. I still go back to read my book every so often.

By the way is this the same book as the other one? Mine doesn't have "Another 6" in the title.

Geminigirl

I made the condtioner before back when I was relaxed. I also followed her reggie while PS and retained nice length and had fuller, bouncy hair.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
i use to buy her protein conditioner, but why the hell was i spending 16 dollars for a bottle when all i had to do was go to a local BSS and get better conditioners for less? i found soo many yummier conditioners that just blow hers out of the water! 16dollars!! crazy.

jada1111

i use to buy her protein conditioner, but why the hell was i spending 16 dollars for a bottle when all i had to do was go to a local BSS and get better conditioners for less? i found soo many yummier conditioners that just blow hers out of the water! 16dollars!! crazy.

Not just hers, but soooo many online products.

I don't mind if products aren't all natural and full of "chemicals". I need for stuff to WORK. If I can get it to that with the $5 product over the $25, then the $5 one wins.

Well, I'll still use Qhem's stuff. They actually work for me. Can't wait for her deep conditioner.

beans4reezy

Cathy's book is a good foundation, but if you are already a member here, I wouldn't purchase the book. The book only scratches the surface. The information you get here is a lot more detailed.

Nonie

I bought the book around the time I found this forum and I am glad I did. This forum can be overwhelming for a newbie to haircare and can turn someone into a PJ if you don't know the basics of haircare. Her book helped lay down the foundation for me so that I could use this forum for fine-tuning and as a source to answer any questions I developed from the little I knew. Sometimes getting a summary helps you know what questions to ask or topics to look for on a resource as broad as this. So I think you will be glad you bought the book OP as I believe it will make finding your way around the forum so much easier.

ddean

I bought the book around the time I found this forum and I am glad I did. This forum can be overwhelming for a newbie to haircare and can turn someone into a PJ if you don't know the basics of haircare. Her book helped lay down the foundation for me so that I could use this forum for fine-tuning and as a source to answer any questions I developed from the little I knew. Sometimes getting a summary helps you know what questions to ask or topics to look for on a resource as broad as this. So I think you will be glad you bought the book OP as I believe it will make finding your way around the forum so much easier.

I agree with this entire post, especially the bolded.