CAYENNE PEPPER 60 DAY CHALLENGE

Bumbobee

As i type this post my hair, ears and neck back are screaming justice, FYAH. Oh Lawd this mix is so hot all areas feel tender, 17MINS 2go till i wash this hell out. So what's in my mix?

1TBSP CAYENNE PEPP
1TBSP MOLASSES
1TBSP HONEY
1TBSP ALMA OIL
1/2tsp COCONUT OIL
1 TSP EVOO
1TSP TEA TREE OIL

I heated the mix and applied to my scalp and haircovered it with ashower cap and now i'm screaming MERCY PLEASE:wallbash::wallbash:

Would i do it again, for what it' worth YES YES YES!!!:grin:

Go 'head Sunshine Baby! :yay:Big kudos to you girl. :notworthy So how did it turn out? Was it totally worth it?

LongHairDreams

I have to drop out. I put to much cayenne liq in my mix and its causing excess breakage and shedding. I lost some progress :cry: Good luck to you all.

song_of_serenity

are you saying that your hair is more moisturezed now or less? What is your mixture (curious).

Since I made a new recipe, i no longer have the itchies....this new mix is creamed based.
My hair is the same moisture as always...however, my scalp was desert dry. :(
I haven't used it in 3 days and my scalp is back to normal. What is your cream based mixture? I may have missed it if you posted, but please share!
~*Janelle~*

LongHairDreams

My hair is the same moisture as always...however, my scalp was desert dry. :(
I haven't used it in 3 days and my scalp is back to normal. What is your cream based mixture? I may have missed it if you posted, but please share!
~*Janelle~*

I just had to drop out of the challenge because of excess shedding and breakage. I think I added too much cayenne liquid. Here was my recent mix:

Cayenne Liquid
2 tbsp Do Gro Oil
2 tbsp Vatika Oil
1 tbsp Hot 6 Oil
1 tsp Sulfur Powder
4 tbsp Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme
25 drops Peppermint Oil
2 tbsp shea butter (to thicken it up) <<--this may be taboo to put on your scalp.

All_Me

Fnggrant I am soooo sorry about the breakage. Girl believe me when I tell you I understand! I jumped on too many bandwagons and found myself with breakage. I decided to only used the cayenne before wash days.

DivaD04

itchies....same here. with-in the last week my dermatitis was on itch overtime, i had to clarify 3 times and leave the poo on for 10-15 min with no conditioner so me and cayenne haven't been close friends lately. i still have the cayenne 'n evoo mix. i'm just going to use it for my temples only since this is where i desperatly need it. girlies i'm sorry to ya'll had to drop out. i think these challenges are here to help us fin out what it and was isn't right for our hair. ya know the say, don't knock it unless you try it. i'm happy that we started together and are able to share what each is going through with this challenge.

ladylibra

okay so... used my pepper/oil mix last night. didn't notice any itching or tingling. it was very oily and messy though, LOL. somehow i managed to keep in on my head for an hour before co-washing. even with the water hitting my head i felt nothing. so... maybe i didn't put enough pepper in? i dunno... :look:

*forgot to mention, i used 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper in an old WGO bottle of olive oil (wanted the tip nozzle for easy application).

Platinum

Im head just tingles. However, my sister says my hair stinks! :blush: I have been using the cayenne with my mn and I admit my current mn mix does stink but luckily I cw everyday.

Are you noticing more growth by adding cayenne to your MN? I thought about adding it to mine. So far, my MN mix is doing good but I'm seriously trying to grow my nape.:look:

LongHairDreams

Fnggrant I am soooo sorry about the breakage. Girl believe me when I tell you I understand! I jumped on too many bandwagons and found myself with breakage. I decided to only used the cayenne before wash days.

itchies....same here. with-in the last week my dermatitis was on itch overtime, i had to clarify 3 times and leave the poo on for 10-15 min with no conditioner so me and cayenne haven't been close friends lately. i still have the cayenne 'n evoo mix. i'm just going to use it for my temples only since this is where i desperatly need it. girlies i'm sorry to ya'll had to drop out. i think these challenges are here to help us fin out what it and was isn't right for our hair. ya know the say, don't knock it unless you try it. i'm happy that we started together and are able to share what each is going through with this challenge.

Thanks guys. The cayenne liquid I have contains alcohol and I think that may be the problem. I have cayenne powder in my MN mix and didn't experience anything like this.

Im still here for those still in the challenge. I want to see those results in 60 days!!!! :grin:

motherx2esq

I am so late but I finally found cayenne pepper! One question to my relaxed ladies. Would you relax after using the mix or before? I want to relax at the end of the month and don't want to have to run out and stick my head in the snow!

drasgrl

okay so... used my pepper/oil mix last night. didn't notice any itching or tingling. it was very oily and messy though, LOL. somehow i managed to keep in on my head for an hour before co-washing. even with the water hitting my head i felt nothing. so... maybe i didn't put enough pepper in? i dunno... :look:

*forgot to mention, i used 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper in an old WGO bottle of olive oil (wanted the tip nozzle for easy application).

Me too. I put a lot more than half a tbsp. I didn't really measure I just dumped a bunch in. I tasted it but it's not very hot. I'm on my second day and my scalp doesn't feel the fire I hope it still works.

PureSilver

Go 'head Sunshine Baby! :yay:Big kudos to you girl. :notworthy So how did it turn out? Was it totally worth it?

Girl all i can say is that it sure did my hair thicker, dryer and rough. It was worth it though, i lost abit of progress with minimum breakage so i'l try 2 correct that with some cowashing 2morrow and lots of moisture. i will have to think of another mix to try for next mth. :grin:

PureSilver

I am so late but I finally found cayenne pepper! One question to my relaxed ladies. Would you relax after using the mix or before? I want to relax at the end of the month and don't want to have to run out and stick my head in the snow!​

Darling i wouldn't risk that, but if you'd like i would say relax then use the mix. All in all i would ait at least a wk and half before i use the mix. Usually after a relaxer ur scalp becomes sensitive and your pores are open(correct me if i'm wrong) and cayenne pepper does open up th epores wih all that tingling, stinging, burning and fyah sensaion in yor head,you wouldn't want to double open the pores would you?

I hope this makes sense

motherx2esq

Darling i wouldn't risk that, but if you'd like i would say relax then use the mix. All in all i would ait at least a wk and half before i use the mix. Usually after a relaxer ur scalp becomes sensitive and your pores are open(correct me if i'm wrong) and cayenne pepper does open up th epores wih all that tingling, stinging, burning and fyah sensaion in yor head,you wouldn't want to double open the pores would you?

I hope this makes sense

Makes perfect sense. This is what I was thinking. So I will prepare my mix and use it next month. Thanks!

DivaD04

Thanks guys. The cayenne liquid I have contains alcohol and I think that may be the problem. I have cayenne powder in my MN mix and didn't experience anything like this.

Im still here for those still in the challenge. I want to see those results in 60 days!!!! :grin:

ur wc...and thx 4 stick'n around! yes ma'am!

les artistes

awwwwwwwwwwww man is it too late to join the challenge? I just joined the forum yesterday and earlier today i found a thread about cayenne stimulating growth. I've been natural for a year and 9 months and i want my 12 inches in JUNE! So I'm ready to start this man! lol
i might have to steal a recipe from somebody though lol.

LongHairDreams

awwwwwwwwwwww man is it too late to join the challenge? I just joined the forum yesterday and earlier today i found a thread about cayenne stimulating growth. I've been natural for a year and 9 months and i want my 12 inches in JUNE! So I'm ready to start this man! lol
i might have to steal a recipe from somebody though lol.

it's never to late to join. Welcome.

DivaD04

welcome les artistes! Feel free to use any recipes...this site is here to help all who wants and needs it. hhg!

monieluv

i did my mix last night for a pre-poo and wased and dc this morning. talk about warm tingling throughout the night. felt so good, it put me right to sleep. will be doing this every week. can't wait to see the results.

Bumbobee

i did my mix last night for a pre-poo and wased and dc this morning. talk about warm tingling throughout the night. felt so good, it put me right to sleep. will be doing this every week. can't wait to see the results.

Hey MonieLuv, I did the same thing last night and sure felt good. My hair was super silky this morning. What was in your mix? Mine was cayenne, EVOO and some pink oil. I want to add some MN to it when I get some.

Bumbobee

Girl all i can say is that it sure did my hair thicker, dryer and rough. It was worth it though, i lost abit of progress with minimum breakage so i'l try 2 correct that with some cowashing 2morrow and lots of moisture. i will have to think of another mix to try for next mth. :grin:

Girl, I'm sorry that happened :nono:. What was your mix again? I thinking you posted it earlier but I forgot :wallbash:. I tried mine for the 1st time last night and it was all warm and tingly. My hair was super silky when I woke up this morning :grin:. The mix was straight cayenne, EVOO and pink oil. I'm just about rinse out my DC and so far so good. Maybe you should try it.

monieluv

Hey MonieLuv, I did the same thing last night and sure felt good. My hair was super silky this morning. What was in your mix? Mine was cayenne, EVOO and some pink oil. I want to add some MN to it when I get some.

i used 1 tsp of pepper w/ 1/4 cup of evoo. wrapped w/ saran wrap and bandanna and went to sleep. scalp never felt so good. but i have capzasin and doo gro for my mn mix.

Bumbobee

Ok, so it's been a week and the way my hair feels is great, but it's been shedding a little more than last week, but then that could just be bcos my hair's been damaged for so long.

i used 1 tsp of pepper w/ 1/4 cup of evoo. wrapped w/ saran wrap and bandanna and went to sleep. scalp never felt so good. but i have capzasin and doo gro for my mn mix.

Did you wash it out in the morning? What's capzasin? Sorry for the questions, just trying to learn a lil sumthin sumthin:grin:

ladylibra

okay... still nothing. i think next time i will try it mixed in vodka, although i hate to waste alcohol like that... :lachen:

nitavcc

What do you guys think of a little cayenne pepper with MTG? Do you think its too much?

I usually use the MTG as a pre-poo..

Feedback please!

Lexib

okay... still nothing. i think next time i will try it mixed in vodka, although i hate to waste alcohol like that... :lachen:

hmm,

cayenne pepper, olive oil and vodka...I'll keep checking this thread to see what kinds of results everyone gets but in the mean time I think ya'll have just given me a new recipe for sauce to mix w/ my pasta tomorow! :lick: :grin:

AsTheCurlzTurns

I'm gonna have to bid farewell to this challenge. It just seems that I'd get the itchies REALLY bad to the point where I'd be wanting to scratch my scalp raw. But to minimize even remotely going that far, I'd just clarify my hair to try and get what I can out. I did it 3 different
ways, and it just didn't sit well with me. Never had the itchies so bad ever until then. If there's another way of doing this(no vodka), I'm game, but for now, I'll just lurk around in this thread and see how ya'll are doing.

monieluv

Did you wash it out in the morning? What's capzasin? Sorry for the questions, just trying to learn a lil sumthin sumthin:grin:[/quote]

yeah, i poo'd, oil rinsed, and dc the next morning. hair turned out soft. capzasin is an arthritis cream. has capisum which is the same as cayenne. so you can get the same effect.

monieluv

I'm gonna have to bid farewell to this challenge. It just seems that I'd get the itchies REALLY bad to the point where I'd be wanting to scratch my scalp raw. But to minimize even remotely going that far, I'd just clarify my hair to try and get what I can out. I did it 3 different
ways, and it just didn't sit well with me. Never had the itchies so bad ever until then. If there's another way of doing this(no vodka), I'm game, but for now, I'll just lurk around in this thread and see how ya'll are doing.

don't give up. maybe you should try a more simple receipe. i just use a lil pepper w/ a lil oil as a paste, wrap then chill or sleep. everyone isn't meant to do the overnight route b/c of sensitive scalp which sounds like your area. go for a 30 mins to an hour then work your way up. when i first did this (last year) i could only take about an hour b/c wasn't use to the itches and burn. just a suggestion.