CAYENNE PEPPER 60 DAY CHALLENGE

DivaD04

I think I'm going to use my cayenne as a 5-15min prepoo b4 I call it quits 2! My scalp overwhelmingly itches too when I use cayenne...and ontop of that...no major growth.

Last edited:

AsTheCurlzTurns

don't give up. maybe you should try a more simple receipe. i just use a lil pepper w/ a lil oil as a paste, wrap then chill or sleep. everyone isn't meant to do the overnight route b/c of sensitive scalp which sounds like your area. go for a 30 mins to an hour then work your way up. when i first did this (last year) i could only take about an hour b/c wasn't use to the itches and burn. just a suggestion.
I had no problem whatsoever with this when I first started. But when the itchies started, I was like WTH?!?!? LOL I knew I hadn't done anything differently except to add the cayenne pepper mix to my rotations. But I loved how it felt on my head though, the :burning: was very hot at first like 3 hours or so but still felt so darn good LOL But yet, I've tried it 3 different ways, my first batch was nothing but 1 cup olive oil and cayenne pepper (1/2tsp). That really gave me the itchies really bad after 4 days, so I modified it, and added 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel to it, to maybe somewhat calm the itchies down. Nope didn't work. So I made up a fresh batch using only 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1cup olive oil and 1 cup aloe vera gel with some shea butter, just testing it out. That one didn't even produce a burning sensation in my head at all, all it did was made it itch even worse. Had me thinking that the pollen out in my area was probably causing me to start the itching already. But I hadn't even been outside all day that day when it finally hit me that it was my darn Cayenne mix doing me like this. So I decided to quit it while I was ahead before it got too bad and did a clarify to get rid of the gunk in my head and have a fresh head.

I think I'm going to use my cayenne as a 5-15min prepoo b4 I call it quits 2! My scalp overwhelmingly itches too when I use cayenne...and ontop of that...no major growth.
I have to totally agree with the bolded, no major growth for me neither :( I'm now wondering if the Capzasin would work better since it's like cream formulated. Anyone tried using the Capzasin on their scalp alone or with some other products and can enlighten us if this even remotely works for them or not? TIA!

AsTheCurlzTurns

AsTheCurlzTurns how's your calp feeling? I've totally kicked the cayenne ya'll. I'm scared to use it!

Oh my scalp is back to normal now, since I left that alone. I no longer got them darn itchies at all. But I just don't think my scalp can handle that. Yet I'm crazy for even asking about the Capzasin, but I don't think I will try it though as a guinea pig LOL:grin:

Thanks for asking though, and how's yours since you're now scared to use it.

DivaD04

Oh my scalp is back to normal now, since I left that alone. I no longer got them darn itchies at all. But I just don't think my scalp can handle that. Yet I'm crazy for even asking about the Capzasin, but I don't think I will try it though as a guinea pig LOL:grin:

Thanks for asking though, and how's yours since you're now scared to use it.

it's normal. b/c of my dermatitis as long as I poo everyday my scalp doesn't itch. when i was using the cayenne it itched day in an day out. after i stopped using it...the itching subsided. :yep:

C

cieramichele

Could this be causing major scalp damage due to the frequent and prolonged irritation?

DivaD04

Yup C, that's y i'm not doing the challenge nemore, my scalp was always itching so I quit this challenge

KnottyGurl

I use it, but I add the cayenne pepper oil to my megatek mixture. When I used just the oil, my hair didn't like it and would break a little. With my megatek mixture, it absorbs into my scalp faster and doesn't leave my hair greasy and breaking. It's a keeper. :yep:

drjo91

I am not really into this challenge as i saw this the other day. So, I went and bought some pepper and did a mixture of the following.
4ounces of EVOO
2 table spoon of cayenne pepper
1 table spoon of coconut oil
A few drops of tea treeoil

I let it sit overnight and then i put it on the microwave for a few seconds inside a WGO bottle. I then let it cool and apply it to my scalp and i started to feel a tingle. After, i finished i put a plastic bag and now my head is tingling lol. Let see if this works for me.

vnaps

I am not really into this challenge as i saw this the other day. So, I went and bought some pepper and did a mixture of the following.
4ounces of EVOO
2 table spoon of cayenne pepper
1 table spoon of coconut oil
A few drops of tea treeoil

I let it sit overnight and then i put it on the microwave for a few seconds inside a WGO bottle. I then let it cool and apply it to my scalp and i started to feel a tingle. After, i finished i put a plastic bag and now my head is tingling lol. Let see if this works for me.

best wishes...hope it works for you. but i think the secret to these things is to keep at it and see the progress. i'll continue doing mine.it is a great stimulator so why not :yep:

drjo91

best wishes...hope it works for you. but i think the secret to these things is to keep at it and see the progress. i'll continue doing mine.it is a great stimulator so why not :yep:

Thanks, consistency is the KEY to succeed. Also, this growth aid is cheap compare to others and i love the tingles on my scalp. Good luck with everything.

vnaps

Thanks, consistency is the KEY to succeed. Also, this growth aid is cheap compare to others and i love the tingles on my scalp. Good luck with everything.

unfortunately i havent been consistent. i was doing it once a week before wash but havent in a while.:perplexed

prettyhair73

I just joined this challenge today...My method is cayenne pepper mixed with olive oil, jojoba oil, sage and rosemary essential oil. I keep it stored in an amber bottle and use a dropper to apply it to my scalp.

PureSilver

I'm reviving this challenge. I have my mix sitting and have applied for 2 days now. I really need an inch per month for the rest of this year. Let me see if by some miracle I'll get 5" by December.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I'm reviving this challenge. I have my mix sitting and have applied for 2 days now. I really need an inch per month for the rest of this year. Let me see if by some miracle I'll get 5" by December.
I have a cayenne/oil concoction I'll use for my inversion method sessions. I'm doing them once a month for the rest of the year after good results in July.