Cdc Vaccine Cover-up: Target Of African-american Boys

LeftRightRepeat

I read a few articles rebutting the OP.

The snopes site summary is the easiest for the non-scientific reader to understand, and it has a few links to relevant articles.

I'm not debating this with anyone because i know that people believe what they believe based on their own experiences, research etc.

I cant copy/paste the page properly so you will have to go to the link

Example:[Collected via e-mail, August 2014]

Is the following true: Fraud at the CDC uncovered, 340% increased risk of autism hidden from public.

Origins: On 24 August 2014 a CNN iReport claiming intentional suppression of data relating to 340% increased risk of autism among specific populations of African-American boys following MMR vaccinations went viral. The story seemed to disappear mysteriously, further fueling the notion that an intentional coverup was underway.

The idea that vaccines lead to autism is not a new conspiracy theory, nor is it a particularly uncommon one. A now heavily discredited study published in the medical

Rastafarai

I read a few articles rebutting the OP.

The snopes site summary is the easiest for the non-scientific reader to understand, and it has a few links to relevant articles.

I'm not debating this with anyone because i know that people believe what they believe based on their own experiences, research etc.

I cant copy/paste the page properly so you will have to go to the link

Example:[Collected via e-mail, August 2014]

Is the following true: Fraud at the CDC uncovered, 340% increased risk of autism hidden from public.

Origins: On 24 August 2014 a CNN iReport claiming intentional suppression of data relating to 340% increased risk of autism among specific populations of African-American boys following MMR vaccinations went viral. The story seemed to disappear mysteriously, further fueling the notion that an intentional coverup was underway.

The idea that vaccines lead to autism is not a new conspiracy theory, nor is it a particularly uncommon one. A now heavily discredited study published in the medical

Thank you for sharing a different perspective on this. Still, I find it interesting that the same whistleblower reached out to share the findings with other medical professionals, including a UK doctor who was then later disbarred. Ironic that the same whistleblower then hired a law firm discrediting everything about his claims.

Conspiracy or not, African-American mothers and women planning to have children have a right to know that this potential cover-up is out there. I won't be surprised if the same doctors that reported were threatened with their lives and felt the need to retract everything.

ambergirl

Here's what gets me about vaccinations.

As an adult when you receive certain vaccinations they 1) caution you about getting a lot at one time (better to spread them out) and 2) caution you not to get them if you have any immunosuppressive condition.

So some one needs to explain why they load up toddlers who have NO developed immunities beyond those transmitted through gestation with a gazillion shots (many at the same time)? Wouldn't it make more sense to space them out over a longer period of time until school age?

No way in h*ll would I follow the recommended schedule. I would find some way to space them out until they were older.

Last edited:

Enyo

I pray for all the children who will get sick and perhaps die because they are too young to get vaccinated and certain families are allowed to put them in danger by opting out. This is reason #59 I am so glad I don't have children. And I'm also proud of the states who don't allow religious exceptions.

irisak

I get it this stuff is scary I was raised by the og antivaxers and I've had to make the same decisions for my children. But putting it frankly and in a way your Dr. won't, the choice you're making is between death and autism, especially as the anti-vax movement gains ground, and herd immunity and vaccination rates decrease. I know we're generationally far removed and comfortably first world so we have no frame of reference for most of these diseases but they can kill our children quickly and without warning. As for the efficacy, chicken pox is something almost everyone over 25 had as a child but our kids are vaccinated and my 13 year old knows no one his age who had it. There are acceptable risks and possible adverse reactions for any medical procedure but vaccines have been proven to work and to actually eradicate the diseases they are intended to prevent.

Last edited:

Rastafarai

I get it this stuff is scary I was raised by the og antivaxers and I've had to make the same decisions for my children. But putting it frankly and in a way your Dr. won't, the choice you're making is between death and autism, especially as the anti-vax movement gains ground, and gets immunity and vaccination rates decrease. I know we're generationally far removed and comfortably first world so we have no frame of reference for most of these diseases but they can kill our children quickly and without warning. As for the efficacy, chicken pox is something almost everyone over 25 had as a child but our kids are vaccinated and my 13 year old knows no one his age who had it. There are acceptable risks and possible adverse reactions for any medical procedure but vaccines have been proven to work and to actually eradicate the diseases they are intended to prevent.

I did not post the video to suggest we don't vaccinate our precious babies period, but rather, that caution be taken when and how early we get our children vaccinated for MMR. That said, there are some ladies on here who have opt for no vaccinations, and I think we ought to respect that choice, too.

MamaBear2012

Our pediatric office is owned by a black woman. The other doctor there is a black male. The nurse practitioners are white. I chose this office because I think the doctors would have a better idea about issues that face black/minority children. And they also believe in delayed and staggered vaccinations.

yardyspice

As far as I am concerned it is the better of two evils. I would hate for all of those diseases to come back.

Have not watched the video as yet. But generally speaking.

I think delaying/staggering the vaccines may be the better option.

They finally (fingers cossed) wiped out polio in nigeria this year. The last child to have it is a toddler who had not had all his vaccines as yet.

I get it this stuff is scary I was raised by the og antivaxers and I've had to make the same decisions for my children. But putting it frankly and in a way your Dr. won't, the choice you're making is between death and autism, especially as the anti-vax movement gains ground, and herd immunity and vaccination rates decrease. I know we're generationally far removed and comfortably first world so we have no frame of reference for most of these diseases but they can kill our children quickly and without warning. As for the efficacy, chicken pox is something almost everyone over 25 had as a child but our kids are vaccinated and my 13 year old knows no one his age who had it. There are acceptable risks and possible adverse reactions for any medical procedure but vaccines have been proven to work and to actually eradicate the diseases they are intended to prevent.

The choices are so stark once you start really looking into the diseases. Chicken pox e.g. isn't fatal.

ambergirl

Many of these vaccines were not required until fairly recently and some are relatively new. Chicken Pox vaccine wasn't avail until mid 90's.

I, all my sibs, and most of my school mates had mumps, measles, and chicken pox. No one died. No one feared getting them. It was routine. I was down for about a week with each of these when I was in elementary school. The strangest one was mumps which makes your eyes sensitive to light so you sleep a lot and stay in the dark.

What makes these illnesses deadly are those few cases where people have severe symptoms and they don't get professional care.

Not anti vaccine but this notion of a lot of kids dying is over blown.

HaveSomeWine

Personally, I don't think I will be vaccinating my children without the advice of a well known Black doctor. I've always been under the impression that it was better to seek out Black doctors for medical advice due to racism in the medical community. That and homeschool all the way.

irisak

Many of these vaccines were not required until fairly recently and some are relatively new. Chicken Pox vaccine wasn't avail until mid 90's.

I, all my sibs, and most of my school mates had mumps, measles, and chicken pox. No one died. No one feared getting them. It was routine. I was down for about a week with each of these when I was in elementary school. The strangest one was mumps which makes your eyes sensitive to light so you sleep a lot and stay in the dark.

What makes these illnesses deadly are those few cases where people have severe symptoms and they don't get professional care.

Not anti vaccine but this notion of a lot of kids dying is over blown.
Chicken pox id rarely fatal in children, that is true but I remember being absolutely miserable and I'm glad I never had to coat my children in calamine, give them oatmeal baths, and control a high fever. Measles can quickly turn into encephalitis, and mumps can cause male sterility. Again if I have to choose between a slight risk of autism or an unpredictable and potentially deadly disease I choose vaccination. Like I said, I get it, I was raised by the original macrobiotic, Prana practicing, holistic medicine believing, learning annex seminar attending, aura reading parents. I've experienced the alternative and had to sweat my way through strep throat without the benefit of antibiotics. As an adult and as a parent however, there are certain advances in modern medicine that I recognize, appreciate, and choose to take advantage of.

ambergirl

Chicken pox id rarely fatal in children, that is true but I remember being absolutely miserable and I'm glad I never had to coat my children in calamine, give them oatmeal baths, and control a high fever. Measles can quickly turn into encephalitis, and mumps can cause male sterility. Again if I have to choose between a slight risk of autism or an unpredictable and potentially deadly disease I choose vaccination. Like I said, I get it, I was raised by the original macrobiotic, Prana practicing, holistic medicine believing, learning annex seminar attending, aura reading parents. I've experienced the alternative and had to sweat my way through strep throat without the benefit of antibiotics. As an adult and as a parent however, there are certain advances in modern medicine that I recognize, appreciate, and choose to take advantage of.

I am not anti vaccine. If I had kids I would vaccinate them. I'm saying back when these vaccinations were not required all these things you cite were exceedingly rare. No one out of the thousands of kids in the three schools I attended died or had the type of lasting effects you mention. No one. There is a lot of fearmongering when it comes to these childhood diseases which were basically a rite of passage just a couple of decades ago.

MrsHaseeb

Vaccines do cause issues and I wish people would stop ignoring that fact. The biggest issue is that they used to say it wasn't safe to give them to infants and now they are giving them to children right out of the womb and setting regular appointments for them to come back and get them every couple of months. My niece is one and she got the MMR vaccine immediately after turning one and she has had a weakened immune system ever since. The doctor said that a weakened immune system is the reason she's had a constantly runny nose and bad cough but it started after that vaccine. I think vaccines can be beneficial but I do not want them sticking my newborn every couple of months and filling them with vaccines. I will be delaying the vaccinations when I have children.

Ann0804

I didn't watch the video yet, but vaccinations still should occur. I definitely don't want any of my loved ones around anyone who has not had vaccinations. They had a huge breakout of some illness in the dmv three years ago and it was tracked back to a family who didn't believe in vaccinations. California also had a break out of some illness due to the children not being vaccinated. Law and Order ended up also having an interesting episode whereby they tried to prosecute the parents of children who were not vaccinated.

Also I know of several cases whereby parents refused to vaccinate and their children have either died or have not been able to live a life without extensive home health care to give baths, change soil diapers. I think you get the point.

ambergirl

I didn't watch the video yet, but vaccinations still should occur. I definitely don't want any of my loved ones around anyone who has not had vaccinations. They had a huge breakout of some illness in the dmv three years ago and it was tracked back to a family who didn't believe in vaccinations. California also had a break out of some illness due to the children not being vaccinated. Law and Order ended up also having an interesting episode whereby they tried to prosecute the parents of children who were not vaccinated.

Also I know of several cases whereby parents refused to vaccinate and their children have either died or have not been able to live a life without extensive home health care to give baths, change soil diapers. I think you get the point.

Can you explain then why in all my years of growing up around unvaccinated people I've not once heard of these kinds of effects from childhood illnesses? When I say never, I literally mean never. Not to mention the generations before me in my family who had limited access to any kind of health care.

This is an honest question because I don't understand why it seems kids today are so fragile. Same thing with allergies. We had one kid in all my schooling days with a milk allergy and that was freakish to us. Now kids with allergies to nuts, milk, dairy, eggs, chocolate, name it are every where. It's all strange.

Ann0804

Can you explain then why in all my years of growing up around unvaccinated people I've not once heard of these kinds of effects from childhood illnesses? When I say never, I literally mean never. Not to mention the generations before me in my family who had limited access to any kind of health care.

This is an honest question because I don't understand why it seems kids today are so fragile. Same thing with allergies. We had one kid in all my schooling days with a milk allergy and that was freakish to us. Now kids with allergies to nuts, milk, dairy, eggs, chocolate, name it are every where. It's all strange.

As you know the foods you eat are not the same foods you ate years ago. Parenting is also not the same. Some of this factors into the differences you see now from years ago. Also folks have free will to not vaccinate if their kid is home schooled (for now). But if I am aware of any kids in school with my relatives, I will make it my mission they get vaccinated or transferred out. Actually it wouldn't come to that since all the schools in my area require vaccinations or the child cannot return to school, which also helps a great deal since most parents aren't going to pay for some back woods school education that they can't really afford. Especially with college costs.

DeepBluSea

The only true possible link toward autism and MMR are the Somali kids living in Minnesota. For some reason,many of those kids developed autism after receiving MMR.

The truth is we don't know what causes autism. I think it is some sort of genetic link. Otherwise how can you explain the kids with autism who never had the vaccine and the billions of other kids who have received the vaccine but did not develop autism.

I have a friend who is deaf due to her mother having rubella during pregnancy. If you are not vaccinating as young children please do it as adults. Polio can lead to paralysis. Chicken Pox is also so much harder on adults. So you may not die due to measles, mumps, rubella, polio, or varicella, but it can have lifelong health complications. With the decrease in herd immunity outbreaks will become more common, like the Mickey Mouse outbreak.

Tolle

Team Fluid
There is so much incorrect information floating around surrounding the choice to not vaccinate.

I chose not to vaccinate DS. I use probiotics and and healthy diet and lifestyle to build his immune system.

He attends a private school now and can attend public if I choose to do so in the future.

I hope this lessons some of the judgement that parents like me face for our vaccination choices.

From a personal experience, my son displayed signs of autism and was diagnosed before the MMR ,we've done a lot of tests,there was no indication of a genetic link ,although genetic testing now are much more thorough , they re testing one specifically for autism in Europe .

If I may ask, what are you doing for your son's autism? My nephew displays characteristics of autism, but his grandparents don't want the word mentioned and are keeping the situation "in prayer." While we pray and he attends speech therapy, I'd like to work with him. I think I'm just going to end up video recording him, sharing the clips with his doctor, and preparing for the brunt from his grandparents.

ambergirl

As you know the foods you eat are not the same foods you ate years ago. Parenting is also not the same. Some of this factors into the differences you see now from years ago. Also folks have free will to not vaccinate if their kid is home schooled (for now). But if I am aware of any kids in school with my relatives, I will make it my mission they get vaccinated or transferred out. Actually it wouldn't come to that since all the schools in my area require vaccinations or the child cannot return to school, which also helps a great deal since most parents aren't going to pay for some back woods school education that they can't really afford. Especially with college costs.

As I've said I am not anti vaccine, but I also will not swallow whole this notion that not vaccinating is the gateway to an uptick in catastrophic diseases and consequences. I live in one of those areas with low vaccination rates and it is a nonissue.

I think the real issue is why are our kids immune systems so screwed up that in general they are not weathering well. Something much bigger and more problematic then childhood diseases us going on but we keep looking at the symptoms rather than asking hard questions about the source of the problem.

How we used to view measles:
(It's a fun, quick watch)

:lol: this is exactly how it went down at my house when me and the sibs caught something. Everybody got it within a few days of each other and we just went to our rooms and hung out for a few days.

Last edited:

Kindheart

If I may ask, what are you doing for your son's autism? My nephew displays characteristics of autism, but his grandparents don't want the word mentioned and are keeping the situation "in prayer." While we pray and he attends speech therapy, I'd like to work with him. I think I'm just going to end up video recording him, sharing the clips with his doctor, and preparing for the brunt from his grandparents.
The earlier you start therapy the better ,birth to 5 years are crucial for brain/skills development ,although autism sometimes is diagnosed around 3 -4 years (sometimes what are deemed autistic traits might be developmental delays although there is a strong correlation between the two ,and some children do "grow out of it" . By all means that's NOT autism . ) Occupational therapy ,speech and language therapy are essential for autistic children ,they re often times visual therefore will learn by associating words with images ,if your relatives insist on teaching him things the "mainstream " way he won't learn much if anything at all (this depends on the severity of the autism ).
How old is your nephew ? Autism is very common nowadays ,and there are a lot of infrastructures that offer help ,by not accepting the child has a problem they only risk for him to be completely inept growing up . Developing social /communication skills is one of the biggest challenges he needs to start getting help asap.