Celebrity Healthy Hair Secrets

laurend085

When I was at the salon the other I was reading through some hair magazines while I was getting my hair done. I noticed that most of them were focusing on and/or promoting natural hair and this seemed to be the topic of alot of discussions/articles in the magazines. Anyway I read these 2 interviews on Tatyana Ali and Leona Lewis. This is what they said (I'm not copying word for word, just hitting the main points they made about hair care):

Tatyana Ali:
  • She said that her hair is somewhere between textures because of her mixed heritage (Mom is black, Dad is Trinidad Indian). It's in between straight and curly not one or the other
  • Once a month or once every couple of months her mom will braid her hair in one braid, put V05 in it and she'll wear it like that for a week and let it sit.
  • She does Rosemary rinses on her hair. She takes fresh rosemary and boils it making a tea. She lets it cool and after she washes and conditions her hair she uses this as a final leave in rinse. She says that it smells good and makes her hair strong. It's something that her grandmother did.
Leona Lewis:
  • She says that her regimen is shampooing, putting in a morrocan oil treatment, blow drys on low heat until it's halfway dry and then leaves it alone.
  • How does she keep it healthy? She let's it relax and breath for a while and doesn't style it every single day. She does morrocan oil treatments and deep conditioning treatments every week.
  • She uses alot of Aveda dry remedy products which puts alot of moisture back into her hair.
  • She says she is bad about cutting her hair
  • She lets it grow because she hardly ever gets split ends. She says if she did she would cut more often but now she only trims her hair about once or twice a year.
  • "It's all about hydration".
Comments??? I know alot of you do alot of similar things but it was interesting to me to see a celebrity's viewpoint behind hair care since most of them hide behind weaves and you don't know what they actually do to their own hair. I'm curious about what Moroccan Oil Treaments are. I'm also interested in the Rosemary rinses.

Last edited:

Vashti

Nice tips to know about. It's funny to see that some of the women with the most gorgeous hair don't really have overly elaborate rituals when it comes to hair care. That makes it more attainable for everyone. I've always loved Zoe Saldana's hair.

fwilliams

These are really good...I've never tried Aveda products because their so expensive.... I wish somebody knew Oprah's hair secrets. How does she get her hair heat styled every single day and it stay healthy???:look:

Sugarhoney

Morrocan oil is really popular now. I know Selma Hyeak uses it. It is suposed to be good for dry hair but it too expensive and i`m a recovering pj. Lol I'll stick to my ayurvedic oils.