Cellophane & relaxers

Divine Inspiration

Who's used cellophane with success? What brand did you use and how often do you use it?

I didn't start getting cellophane until I moved to CA. Before that, I had a stylists who did rinses on my hair and they were wonderful. However, the first time I got cellophane, it was on the same day as my relaxer, and my hair didn't break or shed at all. It was lovely. I don't why I stopped getting them, but I'm gonna get black cellophane in December. I'm wondering which brand to use though b/c I suspect some may be better than others.

Anyhow, please share your experiences. :look:

PrettyBrownEyes

I have been getting cellophanes the same day as my relaxers for years. They penetrate better when applied right after the touch-up. They also add a shield of protection to your hair.

My stylist uses Sebastian Colourshines. My favorite colors are : Mahogany and Golden Walnut.

Divine Inspiration

Cellphane is translucent, temporary hair colour that infuses your hair with shine, vibrancy, originality.
Cellophane acts as a cuticle-sealing coating for the hair and serve to prevent chemical damage while providing shine & color.
Some cellophanes are clear, but they come in a variety of colors. I can't decide whether I want to do black or brown for Christmas
I like black on me b/c of my complexion (honey/caramel). The black looks dramatic & head-turning & SUPER healthy
I like the brown too though b/c that would be a change for me & the brown would probably warm my face up.
....any suggestions?

Divine Inspiration

And another thing...the beauty of cellophane IMO is that it will rinse itself out after 8-10 washes so you can constantly experiment with rinse-like colors w/o risking damage.

morehairplease

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I have been getting cellophanes the same day as my relaxers for years. They penetrate better when applied right after the touch-up. They also add a shield of protection to your hair.

My stylist uses Sebastian Colourshines. My favorite colors are : Mahogany and Golden Walnut.

prettybrowneyes can you describe mahogany and golden walnut for me?
thanks in advance

CarLiTa

DivineI, i wanna get a cellophane in December too! probably the same day as my relaxer. I want to get brilliant brown or something. I figure the brown will look nice with my skin tone. I know this guy who's hispanic and he is in the marching band too and I love his haircolor. It was just dark at the beginning of the season but now he got some natural highlights by the sun. So his hair is dark brown with a few lighter brown hues. It's so pretty. That's how I hope my hair turns out when I get the cellophane :look: I'll be using Sebastians by the way. I'll probably have the stylist do it too...

Divine Inspiration

CarLiTa said:
DivineI, i wanna get a cellophane in December too! probably the same day as my relaxer. I want to get brilliant brown or something. I figure the brown will look nice with my skin tone. I know this guy who's hispanic and he is in the marching band too and I love his haircolor. It was just dark at the beginning of the season but now he got some natural highlights by the sun. So his hair is dark brown with a few lighter brown hues. It's so pretty. That's how I hope my hair turns out when I get the cellophane :look: I'll be using Sebastians by the way. I'll probably have the stylist do it too...

LOL What's up mama?! I promise we are hair twins!!! Same goals, same stretch, same color wishes...this is hilarious! :lol:
I'm excited about the color thing...you got me wantin to go brown for Christmas...
Maybe I'll pick up some warm earth tone-y sweaters & rock my mahogany/burnt sienna tresses. :look:

CarLiTa

Divine Inspiration said:
LOL What's up mama?! I promise we are hair twins!!! Same goals, same stretch, same color wishes...this is hilarious! :lol:
I'm excited about the color thing...you got me wantin to go brown for Christmas...
Maybe I'll pick up some warm earth tone-y sweaters & rock my mahogany/burnt sienna tresses. :look:

LoL i know... we are hair twins! i can't wait till December. I"m really wanting the color. I'm so into earthy tones, it's not even funny. I think it'll look great. Can't wait!

Tanelions

Divine Inspiration said:
The black looks dramatic & head-turning & SUPER healthy
I love black as well and agree with your quote. I've been wondering about this cellaphane thing. I look at Reniece's pics and when I see the pics of her black hair it's like bling,bling. I wonder if this is what she uses. I will put cellophane on my Xmas list indeed.

Divine Inspiration

Tanelions said:
I love black as well and agree with your quote. I've been wondering about this cellaphane thing. I look at Reniece's pics and when I see the pics of her black hair it's like bling,bling. I wonder if this is what she uses. I will put cellophane on my Xmas list indeed.

YES girl...cellophane changes the relaxer game tremendously. The dryness & dullness that relaxers cause sometimes can be nixed with a lil cellophane.

See!!! The black is like BAM! Look at all this sparkling healthiness!

But then I agree with Carlita too...the brown is warm & feminine.

:::sigh::: What to do, what to do?! :look:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Divine Inspiration said:
YES girl...cellophane changes the relaxer game tremendously. The dryness & dullness that relaxers cause sometimes can be nixed with a lil cellophane.

See!!! The black is like BAM! Look at all this sparkling healthiness!

But then I agree with Carlita too...the brown is warm & feminine.

:::sigh::: What to do, what to do?! :look:
I say go Brown and warm looking so fit for the season, I purchased a clear rinse by Adore, they didn't have the Sebations Cellophane in clear and was so anxious to complete my product list, wish I was thinking brown and warm because then I would have went for the Sebations, anyway I'll break out the brown come spring,;) .

Divine Inspiration

I asked the guy I'm talking to and he says black...my mom says brown...one of my best friends says black...Carlita says brown...BWE says brown...

This is only getting more difficult, lol!

CarLiTa

:lol: Divine, so many options, so little time! whatever you pick i'm sure it'll look great on you... and remember, it washes out in 8-10 weeks, so u try one in December, when it's done, you can always try another one. I love that about cellophanes. Can't wait to get my first one! :grin:

kjames001

Has anyone tried these on a regular wash and set vs. post-relaxer. Because I am stretching but would like to try these out as well. I was just wondering would the penetration be the same or should I just wait until I relax again?

lexi08

My stylist uses Matrix Prisms rinse in clear on my hair every time I get a touch-up, I love this rinse. I have also used Sebastian colorshines with great results. The Matrix seems to leave my hair shiny for longer a longer period though.

Divine Inspiration

kjames001 said:
Has anyone tried these on a regular wash and set vs. post-relaxer. Because I am stretching but would like to try these out as well. I was just wondering would the penetration be the same or should I just wait until I relax again?

Hmmm...this is a good question. I've only had them done on freshly relaxed hair...I don't think the results would be as good b/c part of the benefit is protecting the freshly relaxed strands and sealing the cuticle. It may get a little build-up-y if done on old hair...who knows? :confused: Let us know if you try it...

Mizani_Mrs

a cellophane rinse will work just as good on previously relaxed hair. I know cause i use the cinnamon rinse and i've never used it after a relaxer (yet). I've always used it like when i'm about 4-9weeks post. no reason, i just started using the rinse and i didn't need a relaxer so i just did it. It lasts just as long2-3 months and it's just as blingy as doing it with the relaxer. But technically speaking...if you were to do it right after the relaxer and your cuticles are still open, then the dye would be able to penetrate the shaft better...... don't know if this is really the case.

qtgirl

I have usu. done it in between relaxers, too. I do this because I do my own relaxers and by the time I'm finished relaxing I don't want to tack on another half an hour doing a cellophane. It still turns out really well. Maybe I'll try it on a touch-up day.

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
How do you apply a cellophane? Do you apply it with a brush like a regular hair color, or can you just slap it on? I'm interested in trying one.

Evalina1

I am curious about Cellophane. Years ago a Hair Stylist told me that Sebastian's cellophane was the cause of my thin and damage hair.. He said Cellophane was very bad for the hair...Well it took me years to figure out that I will always have thin hair but the damage part always have me wondering!!

emerald06

can rinses be performed on natural hair? does it cause dryness or breakage?

I'm curious about this too. I would love to try one. I believe naturals can use it as well, but I've only seen it on naturals who press regularly.

Are there any who wear their natural texture who have had success with shine and no damage?