Ceramic Curling Iron... Any recs?

baglady215

I have a ceramic flat iron, a nice one that I got from Sally's. Can't remember the brand right now. But back in the day, I used to use big curling irons to get the same flat iron look. My problem with flat irons is getting the curl at the end right. I always end up with a hook. :lol:

Anyway, can anyone recommend any ceramic curling irons? I'll probably get the 1.5" size. The ones I'm currently considering:

CHI (maybe... cheap on ebay)
BaByliss
HotTools
Gold'N'Hot

Anyone have any of these, or any other you can recommend? I have thick 4a/b hair so I need them to get kind of hot. Thanks in advance!

Girl,
You should try "Virtuo Pro Ceramic Hair Straightner" Its kind of expansive but worth it. I discovered it when my friend bought it for her hair. It gave her smooth straight silky hair, that stayed straight even when it was raining outside. I use it only on my new growth and its the best. It gets my new growth straight. It also has adjustable heat settings. It gets really really hot. You can look it up on ebay "Virtuo Pro Ceramic"
HTH
Lorraine

baglady215 said:
I have a ceramic flat iron, a nice one that I got from Sally's. Can't remember the brand right now. But back in the day, I used to use big curling irons to get the same flat iron look. My problem with flat irons is getting the curl at the end right. I always end up with a hook. :lol:

Anyway, can anyone recommend any ceramic curling irons? I'll probably get the 1.5" size. The ones I'm currently considering:

CHI (maybe... cheap on ebay)
BaByliss
HotTools
Gold'N'Hot

Anyone have any of these, or any other you can recommend? I have thick 4a/b hair so I need them to get kind of hot. Thanks in advance!

I am glad you posted this, b/c I have been looking for one myself. The only problem I encounter is the trying to find a ceramic iron that is marcal-like (I can manuever that well). I can't wait to see the other suggestions (thanks Lorraine, that's somtheing else I can check out when I go to Sally's)

CinnaMocha, you are good with marcels? I would probably burn my house down. :lol:

Thanks Lorraine! I will check these out.

baglady215 said:
CinnaMocha, you are good with marcels? I would probably burn my house down. :lol:

Thanks Lorraine! I will check these out.

Yes, after years of observing different stylist use it,all I wanted to do was what they did to acheive those looks, too.

But with those types, I used to be worried about burning myself and having to take out the burn cream (now, that is non-existant at this point)

Back