Ceramic Irons, good or bad?

Gmaimai

I just got a relaxer today and was using a ceramic iron to curl it and I absolutely loved it.
I know that it is heat but using it almost got my hair looking like I just came out of a salon. Anyway, I hear that ceramic irons are not as bad a regular ones, and even though they are still heat,they don't do as much damage as other curling or flat irons. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on that because I am thinking about going out and buyng one of these when I get some money.

Dolce_Dawn

There are quite a few ladies here that have and love ceramic irons, me being one of them. They make your hair smooth and shiny w/o the damage of regular irons b/c of the heater they have inside (true ceramics, anyway).

So... my vote is to, YES, invest in a ceramic iron. Shop around b/c you DON'T have to pay an arm and a leg for one. I mean, the proof is in the pudding: you were very pleased with your hair's outcome after using it, right? Gurrrl, go and get you one!

One of the best hair investments I've ever made.

sweetcocoa

i have one that i used alot at first.... but then i noticed my ends drying out and i stopped. i agree they are not as bad as regular flat irons...but it is still direct heat. the last time i used mine was 6 months ago. it is still nice to have when i do decide to flat iron.
i prefer using it over a curling iron or blowdryer. when i do use it, it is after a rollerset(when i want it real smooth..) for even silkier results.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
They're good in the sense that they'll straighten your hair...

They're bad in the sense that they can damage you hair from the heat and cause split ends...

Make sure you protect your hair with something before applying the ceramic iron if you decide to use one.

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

They're bad in the sense that they can damage you hair from the heat and cause split ends...

Make sure you protect your hair with something before applying the ceramic iron if you decide to use one.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only damage your hair if you abuse it just like any heat tool (use it everyday, too high a setting, make slow passes instead of quick steady ones, etc).

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

They only damage your hair if you abuse it just like any heat tool (use it everyday, too high a setting, make slow passes instead of quick steady ones, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

My words exactly, Dolce_Dawn.

northernbelle

Leshia

i love my ceramic iron, but boy o' boy do I feel guilty when I use it. I keep it hidden in a drawer and only pull it out for holidays.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My words exactly, Dolce_Dawn.

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't saying ceramic irons WILL damage your hair. I said they CAN damage your hair.

ChasingBliss

I definitely like the ceramic iron. It was the only tool that has ever straightened my daughter's hair. But I dont use it often.