Ceramides = Needing Less Protein?

Does Using Ceramides = Needing Less Protein

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbie83

Has anyone else had success with this? I found it at Big Lots last night for $1.50. Smells good and feels good in my hair (makes it soft). I think I'll use it daily on my ends/edges in addition to moisturizing/sealing.

* Strengthens as well as Redken®** For weak or damaged hair for 86% less breakage* Fortifying treatment ... enriched with proteins and ceramide helps repair and strengthen weak or damaged hair as well as Redken® Extreme® Anti-Snap®**. Reinforces ... hair cuticle to create strong healthy-looking hair.

* Ingredients: Water (Aqua),Cyclopentasiloxane,Polyquaternium 37,PVP,C11-13 Isoparaffin,Fragrance (Parfum),Propylene Glycol,Dicaprylate/Dicaprate,Laureth-4,DMDM Hydantoin,Laureth-23,Glycerin,PPG 1,Trideceth 6,Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate,Arginine HCl,Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C),Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate),Panthenol,Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate,Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein,Hydrolyzed Soy Protein,PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate,Silk Amino Acids,PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Ceramide 2

morehairplease

I have the kukui Nut oil by Alba Botanica. I got it from www.vitacost.com. It has sunflower oil, vitamin E, Coconut oil, macadamia seed oil, kukui seed oil, flaxseed oil, and sweet almond oil in it. It's organic, 100% vegetarian ingredients, and is paraben-free. To be honest, it smells yummy, like chocolate and cocoa butter:lick:. I really really like it as a sealant oil.

I have tried and do love the sunflower oil in my DC. It left my hair feeling very soft and easy to detangle. I haven't tried the Kukui Nut Oil in my DC as yet but I have a wonderful feeling that I would love it when I do. I need to get my hand on some wheat germ and hemp oils next. These are the only other 2 ceramide oils that I want.
This oil sounds AMAZING! Once I have used up the oils that I have I will definitely be purchasing this:yep:! Thanks for sharing Aggie!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Next Ceramides Power-Packed :boxing:Oil I invest in will probably be Kukui Nut.

I have a Couple Conditioners now that contain Kukui Nut and Kukui Nut is suppose to be 'loaded' with Ceramides.:lick:

Recently picked up Hempseed and Safflower (as I am almost finished with my bottle of Wheat Germ) and wanted to try these two for the Ceramides properties.:yep:

Okay....I Decided to exchange the Safflower Oil for Kukui Nut.:look: So, I will be sending the Safflower Oil back next week.

The Hemp Seed Oil (doesn't smell very good, at all):barf: Actually, it smells awful.:rolleyes:

taz007

Okay....I Decided to exchange the Safflower Oil for Kukui Nut.:look: So, I will be sending the Safflower Oil back next week.

The Hemp Seed Oil (doesn't smell very good, at all):barf: Actually, it smells awful.:rolleyes:
:lachen: It does smell pretty bad. It smells like dirt! I only use it as a prepoo with other oils.

Aggie

ReallyTerri:sad:. What brand of hempseed oil do you have. I was thinking about buying the Nutiva brand but after hearing about the smell of it, I don't know now:perplexed.

I have the oil sitting in my wish list at vitacost.com and I really have a thing for great smelling 'everything' for my hair.

Barbie83

You girls are breaking my heart. I really wanted these 2 oils but if they stink then it's a no go for me:nono:.

Seriously though! I was all set to add wheat germ oil to everything...but if it stinks, *sigh*....no mam :nono:

MAJOR BUMMER! :sad:

Ltown

Greyland
Seriously though! I was all set to add wheat germ oil to everything...but if it stinks, *sigh*....no mam :nono:

It does stink but I was thinking using them in DC which most have good smell and or eo to cover the smell.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ReallyTerri:sad:. What brand of hempseed oil do you have. I was thinking about buying the Nutiva brand but after hearing about the smell of it, I don't know now:perplexed.
[/B]
I have the oil sitting in my wish list at vitacost.com and I really have a thing for great smelling 'everything' for my hair.

Mine is: Epicurean Organics Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs.

I will also get my Kukui Nut Oil from there too.:yep:

Nutiva may smell 'better'

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/hempseed.php

Precious_P

I just started incorporating the Mizani Thermsmooth conditioner into my wash routine after reading about ceramides. I will give my hair till the end of March to see if there is a difference.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Although I still use a lot of protein, I use less than I did before using ceramides.

AOHSR left my hair hard as a brick :nono: but my hair does like ceramides!

Great thread, Reecie!

I really need to get my hands on some AOWC...

Taz, when I read this post I thought about you and your hair. Is your specific regi postes somewhere?

EMJazzy

Happily retired
You girls are breaking my heart. I really wanted these 2 oils but if they stink then it's a no go for me:nono:.

It smells pretty bad....I've been using it for about a month now and I'm still not use to the smell but I am noticing a difference in my hair so I will press on.

Aggie

I know right!

Mine is: Epicurean Organics Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs.

I will also get my Kukui Nut Oil from there too.:yep:

Nutiva may smell 'better'

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/hempseed.php
Thanks Terri.

Honestly, Aggie, the smell grows (Wheat Germ) on you and become unnoticeable.:yep:

Hopefully, the Hemp Seed will too.:look:
I may still get both oils and simply use them as prepoos or in my DCs:yep:.

It smells pretty bad....I've been using it for about a month now and I'm still not use to the smell but I am noticing a difference in my hair so I will press on.
Okay now the bolded here makes a difference for me. Results also matter a greater deal for me when it comes to my hair as long as I don't walk around smelling yucky:nono:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ceramides are The Business.......More & More you see different advertisements for products containing 'ceramides'....:look:

Fortunately for Us (The Ladies of LHCF) we were way ahead of the Game building up our Hair through the use of Ceramides.:grin:

Keep up the Good Work Ya'll.:yep: Knowledge is Power.

Ms.Christ3n

I like the way Walnut Oil and Hemp seed Oil makes my hair feel! It feels so soft all day! These are definitely staples of mine from now on!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like the way Walnut Oil and Hemp seed Oil makes my hair feel! It feels so soft all day! These are definitely staples of mine from now on!

I like the Hempseed *minus the smell*:look: Will possibly try Kukui Nut next. And re-up my Wheat Germ.

It'll be a while tho'.:yep:

Reecie

Got me some Wheat Germ Oil (WGO) from the Vitaminshoppe yesterday. I got excited and applied a couple of drops straight to my ends :drunk::spinning: it absorbed into my hair so well and made is moisturized. Because of my success yesterday... I decided to experiment with my usual Aubrey Organics HSR/EVOO deep conditioning mix with the following: my Aubrey Organics HSR/WGO mix.

I'm deep conditioning on dry hair overnight and will tell you ladies about my failure/success in the morning. :sleeping: