Ceramides = Needing Less Protein?

Does Using Ceramides = Needing Less Protein

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sqzbly1908

I forgot I had a huge bottle of sunflower oil - I guess I will be adding to my condishes when I go under the steamer...

Aggie

I will be using some sunflower oil in my DC today as well. Right now I have some Dudley's DRC28 protein treatment in my hair (for 15 minutes) because I have not used a strong protein treatment in it for a very long time. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Aireen

Hopefully I don't sound stupid for asking... :perplexed

So to keep your hair on point you really need a moisture-protein-ceramide balance instead of just a moisture-protein balance?
Can you use ceramides if you're experiencing protein overload or if you are at risk of it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Aggie

Hopefully I don't sound stupid for asking... :perplexed

So to keep your hair on point you really need a moisture-protein-ceramide balance instead of just a moisture-protein balance?
Can you use ceramides if you're experiencing protein overload or if you are at risk of it?

Thanks in advance. :)

In a word, YES as ceramides are not proteins. They are strengthening but also very, very moisturizing.

Aggie

I will be using some sunflower oil in my DC today as well. Right now I have some Dudley's DRC28 protein treatment in my hair (for 15 minutes) because I have not used a strong protein treatment in it for a very long time. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

A brief update on the DRC28:

I have my moisturizing conditioners in my hair and will leave them in for the rest of the day. The reason being, after washing out the DRC28, my new growth shrunk to a tiny little fro and it felt really really strong and kinda hard.

I expected as much so I decided to DC all day into tomorrow morning when I will wash it out. So far I like the strength o fmy hair after the DRC treatment but I will watch it over the course of the next few days and see how my hair reacts.

So far I like how strong the DRC28 left my hair feeling.

Miss AJ

Just chiming to say the new Aveeno Nourish+ products have wheat germ ingredients and are good, and the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy poo/con for breakage repair have ceramides too.

Keshieshimmer

I picked up a jar of CeraVe. It is marketed as a body/face moisturizer cream, but I am using it on my hair. So far so good, though there is a bit of white residue since it is so thick.

luvmesumhair

Question, does all leave-ins containing ceramides have some sort of protein in them? If not, can someone PLEASE list a few of leave-ins that DO NOT contain protein in them.

TIA!!!