Chad- Chébé Powder Application On Type 4 Hair

SAPNK

Video Description:
  • Chebe powder application on type 4 hair.
  • This woman was telling us that in opposition to many ethnic groups who don't wash their hair in her village they do wash their hair with soap once a month.
  • You see how she stays away from the scalp while applying.
  • She first apply a cream that she already mixed with oil, then the Chebe powder.
  • But in her village they do not apply water before the Chebe session. We really advise people to apply water before your oil mix to maximize moisture retention. But it is showing that it can work even without water...

I don't use chebe and I don't think I will as it seems like it could be messy, but I found this video interesting as she has type 4 hair, much more textured than the women in the other video, and these people do wash their hair, unlike the previous women.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

Video Description:
  • Chebe powder application on type 4 hair.
  • This woman was telling us that in opposition to many ethnic groups who don't wash their hair in her village they do wash their hair with soap once a month.
  • You see how she stays away from the scalp while applying.
  • She first apply a cream that she already mixed with oil, then the Chebe powder.
  • But in her village they do not apply water before the Chebe session. We really advise people to apply water before your oil mix to maximize moisture retention. But it is showing that it can work even without water...

I don't use chebe and I don't think I will as it seems like it could be messy, but I found this video interesting as she has type 4 hair, much more textured than the women in the other video, and these people do wash their hair, unlike the previous women.

I didn’t see this part.

King of Sorrow

I stay stalking her personal and business Instagram accounts. She posts a lot of other hair types, but I keep an eye out for the long type 4s.

One thing I really like about this video is that the hairstylist is combing the woman's hair the same way I comb mine by starting from the roots and working down to the ends.

I never understood the whole start from the ends method: Detangle your ends, go up a third of your length and comb down to the ends, go up two thirds and work your way back to the ends, go the root and work your way back to the ends. :eek: You've combed your ends four times. Mine are way too thin and fragile for that.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I stay stalking her personal and business Instagram accounts. She posts a lot of other hair types, but I keep an eye out for the long type 4s.

One thing I really like about this video is that the hairstylist is combing the woman's hair the same way I comb mine by starting from the roots and working down to the ends.

I never understood the whole start from the ends method: Detangle your ends, go up a third of your length and comb down to the ends, go up two thirds and work your way back to the ends, go the root and work your way back to the ends. :eek: You've combed your ends four times. Mine are way too thin and fragile for that.
:eek:
My hair and head never liked comb from the roots lol. I HAD to start from the ends and work my way up if I didn’t wanna reach for the clippers.

King of Sorrow

:eek:
My hair and head never liked comb from the roots lol. I HAD to start from the ends and work my way up if I didn’t wanna reach for the clippers.

Haha. I now exclusively wear my hair in a single braid so my hair is already stretched and doesn't have much of a chance to tangle. I can usually comb from the roots to half the length before feeling any resistance. Then, it's just a matter of slowly working that tangle of shed hairs down to the ends. I do this in four sections but when I used to wear my hair out I'd needed 6, 8, or 10 sections, depending on how badly tangled it was.

I really think starting from the ends is why I saw so many broken ends on my bathroom sink and floor. :cry3:I still have some breakage, but not as bad as before. Slowly cutting off the damaged ends and hope to see even more improvements.

water_n_oil

Haha. I now exclusively wear my hair in a single braid so my hair is already stretched and doesn't have much of a chance to tangle. I can usually comb from the roots to half the length before feeling any resistance. Then, it's just a matter of slowly working that tangle of shed hairs down to the ends. I do this in four sections but when I used to wear my hair out I'd needed 6, 8, or 10 sections, depending on how badly tangled it was.

I really think starting from the ends is why I saw so many broken ends on my bathroom sink and floor. :cry3:I still have some breakage, but not as bad as before. Slowly cutting off the damaged ends and hope to see even more improvements.
I always start at the roots as well.