Chase the Comb Flat Iron Technique (Atlanta JJ)

Atlanta JJ, per your request

You can also do this with a brush, section your hair, act as if you are going to comb/brush that section by putting it in the hair and coming down just enough to that the flat iron can fit in, chase the comb/brush (still going down that section of hair) with the flat iron. Use a rat tail comb or a comb with small teeth or a brush to make this work the best... I might post a pic. Lemme see if I can find one... BRB

Dee-Licious

awww look at her being how helpful

for you:

AtlantaJJ

Atlanta JJ, per your request

You can also do this with a brush, section your hair, act as if you are going to comb/brush that section by putting it in the hair and coming down just enough to that the flat iron can fit in, chase the comb/brush (still going down that section of hair) with the flat iron. Use a rat tail comb or a comb with small teeth or a brush to make this work the best... I might post a pic. Lemme see if I can find one... BRB

You can substitute a small toothed comb where I had my brush but in my experience brushes are better for my knotty head
This totally makes sense!! I have a nice brush that my hair loves, it never snags and it glides smoothly through small sections of hair. I Totally get what you are saying now with the illustration!! complete with captions! Now that's instructions for ya!

teehee a ghetto's woman maxiglide
Nah not ghetto it just works better for me. the maxiglide straightens WHILE flat ironing, this straightens the hair out before the flat iron hits it.

I think of it as ironing. You dont iron wrinkles, you smooth the clothes out before ironing. Just as you wouldnt try to smooth WHILE ironing. I tried the maxiglide my cousin had, you have to VERY lightly run those teeth plates over your hair or drama ensues. I aint got time for that plus it didnt get my hair straight as this method does. I gave her that over priced extra large piece of junk back. And now she owns a Sedu :lachen:Not using a maxiglide dosent make u ghetto. And the 's goes on woman and not the word ghetto

Now ya'll let me inside on the Gain tip...lol

Sniff a scoop and see how u feel afterwards. :drunk: Thats some good ish!

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Nah not ghetto it just works better for me. the maxiglide straightens WHILE flat ironing, this straightens the hair out before the flat iron hits it.

I think of it as ironing. You dont iron wrinkles, you smooth the clothes out before ironing. Just as you wouldnt try to smooth WHILE ironing. I tried the maxiglide my cousin had, you have to VERY lightly run those teeth plates over your hair or drama ensues. I aint got time for that plus it didnt get my hair straight as this method does. I gave her that over priced extra large piece of junk back. And now she owns a Sedu :lachen:Not using a maxiglide dosent make u ghetto. And the 's goes on woman and not the word ghetto

Woo wee! Okay I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow, I'll be checking out the Gain ... any particular scent? :grin:

SoAnxious12

i am definitely going to try this with my sedu. The first time i used my rattail comb and some the teeth melted(typical for me lol) But since my friggin denamn takes out my curls... maybe it'll work better as a flat iron chaser!

thanks for the suggestion/illustration OP

C

cieramichele

If you havent done it before, its a keeper. Do it. Tension helps too.

AtlantaJJ

got a top-ful next to my bedside at all times so nah :lol:

folks keep calling me a crackhead :lachen:
I can't wait to get to the grocery store!!!! After my God-Mother's visit this weekend, I need something that's legal and cheap to "take the edge off" LOL :giggle:

ETA: All the Gain ladies have beautiful hair....I wonder if it helps speed up hair growth :scratchch

Last edited:

lnana04

ive been suggesting people try this forever. i tried it the first time last summer and i loved the results.

jtsupanova

I "chase the comb" all the time
I actualy learned this tip from a white stylist when I was natural. She flat ironed my hair so straight it was amazing and with very little effort. She said to think of the comb flat iron combo sort of like hot combing but with out all the hot spots.

plastic

I was kidding .. that is why i included the giggle. I have actually used this method before. Im sorry .... A GHETTO WOMAN'S MAXIGLIDE. it's spelt doesn't and not DOSENT ... even now ?