Children and the Holy Spirit

meka

Sunday, as my husband, kids and I were driving to a restaurant to eat my oldest son (6) was crying in the backseat and told me that he felt the Holy Spirit. He told me this as we got out of the car to go inside of the restaurant. I asked him what was wrong and he said everytime I hear this song ( Take my life by Micah Stampley) I feel something inside of me. I was aware that he knew of God and what he could do when he was 4 years old but this just took my breath away. He started Kindergarten last year and his teacher called me one day and she asked me if I knew what he was doing when he closed his eyes before he started class work and I told her to ask him and he told her that he was praying to God and that he knew that God was going to help him with whatever lied ahead of him that day in class. She even catches him telling the other children in class that God still loves them even if they make a mistake and references the story of Adam and Eve and how God kicked them out of Eden but He still loved and cared for them. I feel I am soo blessed to have a child who knows where his help comes from. And I have learned that they are never too young to know Him! Any info ladies on how I can keep encouraging this behaviour from my son. Thanks

BlkHoneyLuv2U

It seems to me that the seed has already been planted, continue to water and nourish it and watch it grow into greatness. I'm proud for you.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
What a blessing. My Holy Spirit was touched when I read your post. I say, continue doing what you're doing becuase the seed that is planted will surely grow strong and healthy in the Word for the whole world to see. :)
God Bless You sista and your family. :angel:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It sounds like you have a very sweet and special boy there. I do believe that he is experiencing the Holy Spirit when he hears that song. Now of course, there are some songs that may make us feel emotional and not necessary the holy spirit--but I don't know if a 6 year old's emotions are developed to that point. But I do know that the Holy Spirit can be present at any age. (assuming that person is saved)

lovechic

God Is Truely Amazing!!!!!!!!! It's So Wonderful That Your Son Is Being Touched By The Lord This Way! This Is An Inspiring Thread!

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Your story reminds me of my neice!! She's 4 years old and SO sensitive to the Spirit. It's truely AMAZING. The Word does say "out of the mouths of babes!" KJV.

Matthew 21

15But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they were indignant.

16"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him.
"Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read,
" 'From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise'?"

star

Wonderful story. THis child was anointed in the womb and now I would suggest you get some blessed oil it does not matter what kind as long as it is unused and say quick pray to change if from a natural use to a spiritual use in Jesus Name Amen. Put oil aside just for anoiting him, yourself and your husband. Just take little oil and anoint his head while saying in the name of Jesus out loud. Of course you can do this in other parts of the body as well. Where ever God wants to bless you the devil wants to mess you. I anoint my many areas of my body like hands, feet, ears etc. Oil represents the Holy Ghost the power of the trinity. :)

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Oh my gosh..this is just wonderful. Reading it gave me a happy chill :yep: I wish I was deep in the Spirit like that from the beginning