Christian Book CLUB

PrincessDiva

I don't know if anyone else would be interested but I would like for us to form a CHRISTIAN BOOK CLUB. I am an avid reader but I find that lately I have been reading too many secular books ( I am in the off topic forum book club, which is great) . I think this will be a fun way for us to read Christian Books & Discuss them. If there is already something similar to this in the Christian Forum please send me the link. Send any suggestions for our first book selection. Maybe we can do at least 1 book per month. What do u guys think??? My first book suggestion would be The Laws of Thinking: 20 Secrets to Using the Divine Power of Your Mind to Manifest Prosperity
by Bishop E. Bernard Jordan
It can be found at Amazon.com or ordered at any bookstore. I am about to order it.
Please let me know if anyone would be interested:)
EDITED TO ADD:
This is only my suggestion because this is a book I am about to order. We will take book suggestions from everyone & poll just as we do in the Off Topic Forum Book Club. Don't forget to add your book suggestions to this thread & let me know if anyone is interested in a Christian BOOK CLUB!!

Another suggestion would be JERUSALEM COUNTDOWN BY JOHN HAGEE Its available in softback at Walmart.

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Sounds good. I love reading Christian Fiction. There are discussion questions at the back. So you get a good read but also alot to think about.

PrincessDiva

LadyR said:
Sounds good. I love reading Christian Fiction. There are discussion questions at the back. So you get a good read but also alot to think about.

Thanks for your response...Sounds great! Any particular title/author you want to suggest??

live2bgr8

I'm up for it... As for Christian Fiction... Passing By Samaria is a recommended read... Or anything by Sharon Ewell Foster...

I like non-fiction as well so I'm open...

Edited to Add: What a great suggestion! :)

PrincessDiva

kelouis75 said:
I'm up for it... As for Christian Fiction... Passing By Samaria is a recommended read... Or anything by Sharon Ewell Foster...

I like non-fiction as well so I'm open...

Edited to Add: What a great suggestion! :)

Thanks for your suggestions..Are these books easily found? Where do u get yours?

live2bgr8

PrincessDiva said:
Thanks for your suggestions..Are these books easily found? Where do u get yours?

I'm a fan of the Library, but you can find her books at Family Christian Bookstores, Lifeway, Barnes & Nobles, Amazon.com and Half.com... Half and Amazon usually have deep discounts on books. Some as low as a penny or .75 + shipping.

prettywhitty

I'm in too..I've read Sharon Foster's books and they are excellent. Another good fiction author is Francine Rivers.
Nonfiction-I've read books by John Bevere and Lisa Bevere and they are good as well.

live2bgr8

Hi Princess Diva: I see that you've posted on favorite Christian books recently, but I wanted to bump this thread for people who are interested in reading the Power of Positive Thinking AND/OR The Battlefield of the Mind.

secretdiamond

I read in the other thread that some would like to have rules and guidelines for the book club.

I think this will be a great way to get things rolling. Maybe everyone can contribute an idea or plan so that everyone can get the most out of the books and discussions.

Then maybe we can vote on the first book to read and discuss. Just some thoughts.

live2bgr8

secretdiamond said:
I read in the other thread that some would like to have rules and guidelines for the book club.

I think this will be a great way to get things rolling. Maybe everyone can contribute an idea or plan so that everyone can get the most out of the books and discussions.

Then maybe we can vote on the first book to read and discuss. Just some thoughts.

That sounds great to me. Voting and guidelines are great ways to have people on the same accord.

My first suggestion concerns time frame. How does one book per month sound? Is that too much time? Not enough? Any feedback is valued.

Last edited:

PrincessDiva

kelouis75 said:
Hi Princess Diva: I see that you've posted on favorite Christian books recently, but I wanted to bump this thread for people who are interested in reading the Power of Positive Thinking AND/OR The Battlefield of the Mind.

Thanks for bumping this. I really wanted to start this so that we could fellowship & get objective insight & understanding from each other. Either book would be great for me. Maybe once we get started, others watching on the sidelines will join us.Lets Get Started!!

secretdiamond

Hey... I wanted you to know that I need to go on a hiatus from this forum for a few months (4-5) so I can't participate in the book club anymore. I'm REALLY sorry. I just spend too much time here and have soo many things going on in my life right now, where I can't afford to waste time.

The time with you ladies on this forum, was not wasted at all. I enjoyed chatting with you all very much. I'm so grateful to God for leading me here. I will keep trying to learn about the Lord and I will make an effort to read the books, I just can't participate in the discussions. I get sucked in here for HOURS when I log in. I will try to sneak in some time to come here, but those times will be few and far btwn and (hopefully) SHORT.

Please keep me in your prayers and I will keep you in mine. May God richly bless you. :kiss:

caligirl2385

I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN THIS. LAST WEEK, I READ "THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING". I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GREAT STARTER!! THE BOOK TRULY IS LIFE CHANGING. I GAVE MY COPY TO MY SISTER. I'M CURRENTLY READING "CHOOSING GOD'S BEST" AS RECOMMENDED BY MRSHOUSTON - IT'S AWESOME SO FAR. LET'S GET STARTED. :)

live2bgr8

caligirl2385 said:
I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN THIS. LAST WEEK, I READ "THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING". I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GREAT STARTER!! THE BOOK TRULY IS LIFE CHANGING. I GAVE MY COPY TO MY SISTER. I'M CURRENTLY READING "CHOOSING GOD'S BEST" AS RECOMMENDED BY MRSHOUSTON - IT'S AWESOME SO FAR. LET'S GET STARTED. :)
Great! I think were taking the discussion over to Relaxer Rehab's thread, which will also include audio and video resources...

Omoge

kelouis75 said:
Great! I think were taking the discussion over to Relaxer Rehab's thread, which will also include audio and video resources...

I need to check out "The power of positive thinking too" . sound slike a great book.

gn1g

Come away my Beloved by Frances Roberts, you will think God is speaking directly to you. You might be able to get it at wal-marts. I found the first edition at a thrift store, few years later I saw it at Wally's.