Christian Fellowship Thread

sidney

Good morning CF family! Ladies, I had an idea to start a fellowship thread. It will be a good way to get to know other believers here a little better beyond the prayer requests. I had the idea because today was the third time I read that a member here was older than me when I thought they were early 20s, ie Lissa, IWHH67, Lilanie. Also, this will be a good way for newbies to be acknowledged and not be complacent with lurkmode. Just copy and paste the following, feel free to add more tabs.

Sn: sidney
Age range: (optional ie. 15-20; 20-25; 25-30, etc); 25-30
Marrital status: single
How did you find the CF? I lurked for years but I was on another forum with loolalooh and HeChangedMyName back in the day
What does your avatar mean? It quotes Matthew 6:33, I keep it there to remind me what is most important.
How did you find Christ? Grew up in the church up until my teen years but I didnt really come to know him until I went to college and met some young people who were sold out to Christ forreal
What do you love most about God: That if I draw to Him, He will draw unto me. That he will never leave me or forsake me
Favorite biblical man or woman: David and Dorcas
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Isa 58
A spiritual gift you desire: prophecy
What group of people do you have a passion to help: the poor, the hungry, the sick...I'm slowly becoming interested in missions
Ministry you serve in (optional): Intercessory prayer, choir( formely), outreach (formely)
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: Love God, Love people
Denomination: (optional), Non-denominational- went to almost all the denominations growing up but I love a pentecostal/ holiness service
What is your favorite part of service? Testimonies...but I hardly ever visit a church that have these when I visit other churches on special occassions
What dont people here know about you? I love to laugh and I have a great sense of humor
Any else you want to add? I want to be a worshipper at heart

I look forward to your responses ladies!

Last edited:

LoveisYou

Great thread!

Sn: LoveisYou
Age range: 25-30
How did you find the CF? By joining the forum, I didn't really start participating until I grew closer to God.
What does your avatar mean? ....
How did you find Christ? I grew up in the church and got saved as a teen, but got off the path in early adulthood. I re-dedicated my life to Him fully a little over a year ago.
What do you love most about God: That He's love, that He's merciful and gracious. He's a true Father and friend to me.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Esther and David
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Jer. 29:11
A spiritual gift you desire: wisdom
What group of people do you have a passion to help: the socially oppressed, children, women, marginalized people
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: God is God! He's faithful, powerful, loving and merciful!
Denomination: (optional), Non-denominational
What is your favorite part of service? The sermon, I love learning about Go's truth, I desire to learn so much more.
What dont people here know about you? I have an easygoing personality and love to laugh. I love having a good time with friends, and I'm loyal.
Any else you want to add? I want to be a woman after God's own heart, I want to embody the qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman. I really want to be transformed and used by God for his kingdom

I look forward to your responses ladies!

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

Sn: crlsweetie912
Age range: I'm soon to be 39
How did you find the CF? I've been on here since I joined in 2006. But I lurk a lot...
What does your avatar mean? My avatar is a hair pic from late last year....(I thought that said screenname! :lachen: CRL is the abbreviation for my church, and my birthday is 912....People always say I'm a sweet person so...lol
How did you find Christ? I was raised in the church by my grandmother, but had a lot of other influences at home that went against what she tried to teach me. I didn't really get serious about Christ until I had my boys. I wanted to raise them the way my grandmother raised me. She was my guardian angel. I miss her so much.
What do you love most about God: That He sees my heart.....I've made a lot of mistakes in my life...but He knows that I am a good person, and He forgives me and gives me grace and mercy even though I've messed up.
Favorite biblical man or woman: ? Right now I would say Job, I'm identifying with him a lot at this point in my life.
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: II Corinthians 7:14
A spiritual gift you desire: I believe my gift is serving/caring and concern/helps.....
What group of people do you have a passion to help:young women, especially single mothers
Ministry you serve in (optional):nothing currently but I was an Usher for 7+ years
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: Focus on God and not man and you will NEVER be disappointed (I need to take my own advice)
What is your favorite part of service? praise and worship....In my heart I have always wanted to sing...I did sing in choir growing up and in high school, I just don't think I'm that gifted at it....but music is ESSENTIAL to my life....I'm always singing! :lachen:
Any else you want to add? This forum has literally SAVED my LIFE on NUMEROUS occasions. I want to thank the ladies for always following the leading of the spirit to share and pray as the Lord guides them. It's always been a blessing to me!
:bighug:

loolalooh

Sn: loolalooh
Age range: 25-30
How did you find the CF? I initially came to LHCF for the Hair section but eventually found my way here. (I barely go back now.:lol:)
How did you find Christ? I was born and raised in the church. However, as I got older I started having questions and even bordered agnosticism/atheism a couple of times. Those times led me on a deep search for Christ and increased my spiritual walk.
What do you love most about God: He is my Protector.
Favorite biblical man or woman: This is a tough one. For man, my favorite is probably Paul.
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: N/A.
A spiritual gift you desire: Too personal to answer.
What group of people do you have a passion to help: the hungry, the poor, the disadvantaged.
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: We have to let God be God. The
Denomination: Non-denominational (but I gravitate towards Baptist churches)
What is your favorite part of service? It depends on the day. Sometimes, praise and worship. Sometimes the sermon.
What dont people here know about you? That my name translates to "God has a plan / has a thought". My mother was on BC and her and my father wanted to wait until they were financially good before having children. But "God had a plan / had a thought" separate from theirs. I was conceived despite the BC. :)

LucieLoo12

Sn: LucieLoo12
Age range: 25
How did you find the CF? I came across in 2005 when I wanted healthy hair, I did not venture off to the other forums and join until about 2010
What does your avatar mean? It's my vision to be conformed into the image of Christ, and reminds me on how I should live my life
How did you find Christ? I didn't find Him, He searched me out. He brought me to a point in my life that I was broken and had nothing. It's amazing that when you have nothing, you find out exactly who and what you need.
What do you love most about God: That I don't have to say a word and He knows exactly how I feel. My tears are words to Him, and He knows what each tear drops means. How he comforts me, and how He sees the best in me when I can't see it.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Abraham because he trusted God, left his family and went to a city that he knew nothing about. He was going to offer up his only son Isaac because he loved God so much. And because he was called a Friend of God.
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life:
(Phillipians 3:7-8) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
A spiritual gift you desire: Charity
What group of people do you have a passion to help: Victims of sexual abuse, any one that is lost
Ministry you serve in (optional): Secretary, Praise Team, Sunday School Teacher, Door to Door, Worship Leader,Fundraising Committee

Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: To walk by Faith and not by sight. My feelings/emotions are not always true and to lean not to my own understanding
Denomination: (optional), Non-denominational-
What is your favorite part of service? I love the whole thing, but praise and worship if I had to pick one..I love to sing my love songs to Him.

What dont people here know about you? I can be really sensitive sometimes. Sometimes if I see a homeless person walking or a old person thats alone, my eyes water :look:. I love my "alone" time

Any else you want to add? I want the testimony that Paul had, "No longer I but Christ" that lives in me". I want to have the testimony of Enoch, that I please God. I am coming to grips that all I want is the will of God in my life, no matter what it costs me. All my hopes and dreams is in Him

Great thread!

LifeafterLHCF

It's a observation I'm noticing here but will see what others post before speaking.

Sn: The one and only thank God,Goddessmaker
Age range: (optional ie. 15-20; 20-25; 25-30, etc); I'm old as heck 26 but I think in my spirit I'm like 56.:ohwell:
Marital status: single
How did you find the CF? I lurked for years but that lovely @Shimmie brought me with her sweet words when I was down in 09.
What does your avatar mean? NA--when I did have one it was my face bc I always want to see me at my best for days when I'm not.
How did you find Christ? Grew up in the church because it was a escape from abuse but then got real when I was assaulted and went out in the world.
What do you love most about God: That he didn't allow me to die when I attempted to take my life.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Since I'm at the house now I can go for a second. See the lady in the bible who was bent over for years who is my fav. See to most it was nothing but to me it was soo major. If you never been down-trodden,too heavy in spirit to look up to be able to function properly then you can understand. I see that woman and I see myself for so many year. Bent over still trying to do better,still praying but all God had to say was straighten up and all was taken care of. I feel like now in this phase of life God has spoken those words to my life and now I'm able to finally see what life and the beauty of God truly is.

Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Proverbs 31:5
A spiritual gift you desire: Speaking and edifying. If you ever pay attention to my post esp in this area I can now say and see that is what it is.

What group of people do you have a passion to help:The poor,women of color
Ministry you serve in (optional): Online prayer monitor
What is your favorite part of service? Sermon. I can do without all the choir and the hooping and hollering and falling on the floor sister such and such wig flying off and all. I can do without all the dancing and such. If I could I would skip it all and get to the real thing for me at least. I want what needs to be used now because when the music stops that word doesn't.

What dont people here know about you? Idk

Any else you want to add? I'm a bit rough around the edges but I pick up on things in my heart easy.

Last edited:

sidney

Everybody post, you can make any of them optional, we don't need to know anything you don't need us to know! Thanks in advance! :yep:

Lissa0821

Sn: Lissa0821

Age range: (optional ie. 15-20; 20-25; 25-30, etc); Member of the 40's club

How did you find the CF? Happen to venture to this part of the forum after being on LHCF for several years.

What does your avatar mean? It is a quote by Neville Goddard, he did a lot of teaching about the law of attraction in the '70s

How did you find Christ? I saw the change in my sister and I wanted it for myself

What do you love most about God: He really only has one stance with me which is I am loved by Him. I may stray but revelation and love of the Holy Spirit is always there when I come to my senses.

Favorite biblical man or woman: The woman with the issue of blood. She believed so deeply in the God of healing that she saw in Jesus that the virtue of God went out to met her. She committed an illegal act of coming in public with her issue while Jarius, the one who could give the command to have her stoned stood by. She just believed so deeply, she pushed fear aside and spoke to herself, pressing forward. She didn't need an audience or special instructions, the edge of Jesus' clothing was enough for her. Now that is type of Woman of God I hope to be one day.

Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Psalm 24:5 (Living Bible) They will receive God's own goodness as their blessing from him, planted in their lives by God himself, their Savior.

A spiritual gift you desire: Can't really think of anything at the moment

What group of people do you have a passion to help: women

Ministry you serve in (optional): I don't at the moment

Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: Love God, Love people

What dont people here know about you? I laugh really loud all the time, it is the kind of laugh that makes others laugh along even though they have no idea what I am laughing at.

Any else you want to add? Sometimes I make my walk with God so hard when I get those moments that I want to pick and choose what I will handle and what I will let Him handle. Time and time again He lets me go my own way until I reach my end and turn back to Him to take it all.

sidney

Sn: LucieLoo12
Age range: 25
How did you find the CF? I came across in 2005 when I wanted healthy hair, I did not venture off to the other forums and join until about 2010
What does your avatar mean? It's my vision to be conformed into the image of Christ, and reminds me on how I should live my life
How did you find Christ? I didn't find Him, He searched me out. He brought me to a point in my life that I was broken and had nothing. It's amazing that when you have nothing, you find out exactly who and what you need.
What do you love most about God: That I don't have to say a word and He knows exactly how I feel. My tears are words to Him, and He knows what each tear drops means. How he comforts me, and how He sees the best in me when I can't see it.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Abraham because he trusted God, left his family and went to a city that he knew nothing about. He was going to offer up his only son Isaac because he loved God so much. And because he was called a Friend of God.
(Phillipians 3:7-8) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
A spiritual gift you desire: Charity
What group of people do you have a passion to help: Victims of sexual abuse, any one that is lost
Ministry you serve in (optional): Secretary, Praise Team, Sunday School Teacher, Door to Door, Worship Leader,Fundraising Committee

Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: To walk by Faith and not by sight. My feelings/emotions are not always true and to lean not to my own understanding
What is your favorite part of service? I love the whole thing, but praise and worship if I had to pick one..I love to sing my love songs to Him.

What dont people here know about you? I can be really sensitive sometimes. Sometimes if I see a homeless person walking or a old person thats alone, my eyes water :look:. I love my "alone" time

Any else you want to add? I want the testimony that Paul had, "No longer I but Christ" that lives in me". I want to have the testimony of Enoch, that I please God. I am coming to grips that all I want is the will of God in my life, no matter what it costs me. All my hopes and dreams is in Him

Great thread!

Don't mean to derail my own thread but girl, YES!!!! I want to please him too!! I have to be careful whose posts I read when I am in public, lol. When I read the first purple I almost jumped out of my seat, and the last purple statement, well...Galatians 2:20 just does something everytime I see it. I read a scripture by Paul the other day that said figure out what pleases the Lord and do it! I will post it when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow! You ladies are on fire for the Lord! I am loving these, thank you ladies!

Scripture was Ephesians 5:10, Message Bible.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Sn: IwantHealthyHair67
Age range: 44 Bam!
How did you find the CF? I wanted to learn to grow healthy, and just lurked for about 2 years, but the CF at LHCF just kept drawing particularly posts of Shimmie and Laela and a few others …
What does your avatar mean? Self explanatory
How did you find Christ? I grew up in the church and got saved as a teen, back slid and then rededicated my life 7 years ago, I was just tired of the emptiness and needed God.
What do you love most about God: He’s impartial, forgiving and plenteous in mercy.
Favorite biblical man or woman: David
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: not so much a desire to be like but these two versus encourage my soul from Jeremiah 49: 15Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
A spiritual gift you desire: Wisdom
What group of people do you have a passion to help: the depressed, children, women and people of God
Most important lesson you have learned on your Christian journey: Having a prayer life is essential on this journey!
Denomination: Non-denominational
Ministry you Serve in: in the choir and on praise team, fill in sound room, assist with counting funds
What is your favorite part of service? Praise and Worship.
What don’t people here know about you? love to laugh, read, listen to music (when I can), I enjoy being by myself almost too much (which I am breaking out of because it’s roots are selfish in nature), giving someone my word is something that I don’t take lightly.
Any else you want to add? Not right now...

Last edited:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Sn: luving me
Age range: 30's
How did you find the CF? I've known about it for a while
What does your avatar mean? It's my yahoo profile pic
How did you find Christ? I've known about Christ since childhood, he is my Lord and Savior
What do you love most about God: That he loves me unconditionally and will never leave me
Favorite biblical man or woman: Jesus
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Isaiah 41:10
A spiritual gift you desire: discernment
What group of people do you have a passion to help: the under or un-churched
Ministry you serve in (optional): Outreach
Most important lesson you have learned on your Christian journey: Jesus is love
Denomination: (optional) Methodist
What is your favorite part of service? I love the service in its entirety, praise and worship, sermon, opening of the church doors
What don’t people here know about you? I am super goofy most of the time
Any else you want to add? I'm grateful to be a part of the Christian Forum

delitefulmane

Sn: Delitefulmane
Age range: 20-25
How did you find the CF? I just kind of stubbled upon it. When I first joined, I used to STAY in the hair forum. Until one day, I realized there were other forums!! :look: What? Don't judge me. :lachen:
What does your avatar mean? This is our main picture right? If so, mine is a picture of Jada Pinkett Smith because people always tell me I look like her.
How did you find Christ? I grew up in the church and gave my life to Christ at the age of eight.
What do you love most about God: I love the feeling of His presence when it engulfs you. I have yet to find something that compares to this feeling. There have been times when I am just standing outside and a nice, cool breeze comes through. To me, it feels like in that moment God is wrapping me up in His love and tenderly surrounding me with His presence.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Esther and Job
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Jer.29:11
A spiritual gift you desire: discernment
What group of people do you have a passion to help: the poor, children, and young women.
Ministry you serve in (optional): Choir( formerly), and the dance ministry
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey:
Love softens even the hardest heart.
Denomination: (optional) Baptist
What is your favorite part of service? My favorite part of most services is the music. I believe that God uses different ways to draw people to Him and I believe that music is one of them. When I hear worship music, it makes me reflect on God's mercy and goodness. I just get so filled.
What dont people here know about you? I love to laugh and I am VERY silly. When people first meet me, they do not realize how silly I am until it hits them! :lol:
Any else you want to add? I want what God wants for my life and for His people. I am constantly trying to get closer to Him and it gets frustrating at times because I do not quiet my spirit often enough to hear what He is instructing me to do. I would also like to add, THIS FORUM is the main reason why I am still on this board. I have grown to know a few of you ladies in the CF and although you may not realize it, I have been blessed by you simply from your posts!

Last edited:

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
Sn: menina
Age range: 20-25
How did you find the CF? I was checking out the other forums once i got out of the hair forum and figured i click the link.
What does your avatar mean? It's just my hair and then basically Esphesians 4:15 "speak the truth in love".
How did you find Christ? Always had the upbringing in the church but I wasn't interested in a real relationship until i felt the holy spirit tugging on my heart.
What do you love most about God: That he loves us, he gave us Christ, and he is just awesome.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Right now i'll say Esther, she had courage
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Hebrews 11
A spiritual gift you desire: wisdom
What group of people do you have a passion to help: One's who need it the most
Ministry you serve in: nothing at the moment, i was in a lot as a child though
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: Nothing is a surprise to God
Denomination: Non-denominational, grew up COGIC penecostal
What is your favorite part of service? Praise and Worship, Testimonials
What dont people here know about you? I'm random, younger, very new in my spiritual journey
Any else you want to add? :)

CoilyFields

Sn:CoilyFields
Age range: 30
Marrital status: married
How did you find the CF? I got bored with the other areas and decided to explore CF
What does your avatar mean? Its a pick of me with my new hair color doing a sassy girl pose lol at the salon.
How did you find Christ? I grew up in church and honestly dont remember when I accepted Christ but I started to renew my relationship with him when I turned 22. I had strayed a little and did not have a DEEP and TRUE relationship.
What do you love most about God: That he is consistant! He is not capricious like me. I can truly depend on him not changing. And that is extremely valuable to me.
Favorite biblical man or woman: Right now Hosea (becuase Im studying him)
Scripture that reflects (or you desire to reflect) your life: Micah 6:8 (also because Im studying it)
A spiritual gift you desire: honesty in service. There are a few gifts that I have been given and my desire is to serve them without adding my own opinion or feelings, and to give them directly as I recieve from God. I NEVER want to lead people astray or give them false "messeges from God".
What group of people do you have a passion to help: All oppressed populations...Im a social worker by trade.
Ministry you serve in: At my old church I was a teacher (ages 13-23), sang on Praise & Worship, choir, Youth Board, Assistand Director for our newly formed non-profit extension of the church. At my new church...nothing yet because I haven't completed new members class (and they dont have most of those ministries set up yet lol). But I do serve as an intercessor when we have "alter call".
Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: The work of the ministry should not be confused with church work. And...the gospel is worth knowing and defending.
Denomination: Non-denominational, grew up baptist
What is your favorite part of service? Praise and Worship, the Word, prayer
What dont people here know about you? That I am on an intense faith walk and am CERTAIN that God will prevail in this situation in my life. I am also super silly :spinning:
Any else you want to add? We should have added profession and hobbies. Im a social worker and I love to read and debate stuff!

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Sn: Poohbear

Age range: (optional ie. 15-20; 20-25; 25-30, etc) I'm 28 years old

Marital status: Single

How did you find the CF? Just through seeing it as an extra discussion board besides the Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion board.

What does your avatar mean? It's an image of Winnie The Pooh, a cartoon character to represent my screen name :)

How did you find Christ? From learning about him in a Baptist church from Sunday School when I was 8 years old

What do you love most about God: That He's sovereign

Favorite biblical man or woman: Job and Ruth

reflects my life: Psalms 139:14, Hebrews 10:26, Isaiah 64:6, Romans 12:2
desire to reflect my life: Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalms 37, Psalms 46:10, Matthew 6:25-34, Matthew 11:28-30, 2Corinthians 10:5
(I know there's more for both categories... that's all I can think of for right now)

A spiritual gift you desire: peace of mind

What group of people do you have a passion to help: When I was younger, I used to have a passion to spread the gospel throughout the world but that passion is not that strong anymore.

Ministry you serve in (optional): I used to teach youth for 7-8 years, I no longer go to a traditional church building anymore

Most important lesson you have learned on your Christian journey: You will not always get what you want in life. Things aren't always what they seem. Trust no one.

Denomination (optional): I grew up in the Baptist church but I do not associate myself with any denominations

What is your favorite part of service? None. I only liked bible studies, not church services

What don't people here know about you? Not sure

Any else you want to add? No

Last edited:

SweetSimplicity

Sn: naturalmermaid

Age range: 30's

Marital status: Married

How did you find the CF? I lurked for a few months and decided to become a paid member because of this forum. I was encouraged and inspired by all the wonderful women of God in this forum.

How did you find Christ? Grew up going to Sunday school and from there just always believed. In my early 20's I was listening to a Christian radio program and gained a deeper understanding of what salvation and grace really meant. I then accepted Christ's gift of salvation with understanding.

What do you love most about God: He is all powerful, loving, and merciful.

Favorite biblical man or woman: After Jesus it would be Paul

A spiritual gift you desire: Mercy

What group of people do you have a passion to help: Children and the physically and mentally challenged.

Most important lesson you have learned on your christian journey: Trust God and spend time with him regularly.

Denomination: (optional), Non-denominational, grew up going to Pentacostal and Apostolic churches. As an adult became drawn to the baptist church. Currently attend a "Non-denominational" church.

What is your favorite part of service? The message and the music