Christian Meeting...

MindTwister

Good evening Ladies :)

As I stepped out of the shower this morning, something came to my mind. I should have posted it right away because now I don't remember everything I wanted to say.
Anyways I was thinking: we get area meetings to talk about hair, board gossip etc... so why can't we try to have "Christianity Meet-ups" in our respective areas? If we can meet to talk about hair we can sure meet to talk about the Lord right?
Then I was like: "but there are people from different denominations, are you sure it will work?" And the reply to myself was: "of course! we do it here online anyways plus I believe most of the ladies here have the same goal/purpose in their life to serve the Lord so even if we go about it different ways we surely have something to learn from one another".

I don't know it's just something that I felt could be nice and beneficial to us. I just recently went back to the Lord and I think I would most definitely benefit from something of the sort. People could meet and then invite each others to their respective churches or if a member just moved in an area such a meeting could be a nice way to find out about the different churches people are attending etc...
I personally would love to discuss the different denominations on a personal basis with someone because after all live encouragement are even nicer than all those encouraging words and scriptures that are shared on this board

I am pretty shy when it comes to discussing such matters since I am not yet bold/strong enough in my Christian walk and wasn't sure how/if my post would be viewed but decided to suggest it anyways.
Just let me know what you think please :)

MrsQueeny

That is a wonderful idea. I would love to meet my fellow sisters in Christ. Don't worry about being bold etc, just keep seeking the LORD. Remember only what we do for Christ will last. Okay lets get this thing going ladies. Q

MindTwister

I am glad there are already a coupleof you who like the idea. Hopefully this suggestion of mine will come to pass. Looking forward to more replies :)

MindTwister

Should I start a poll to ask how many people are interested or just wait for more people to manifest themselves on this post?

BeatriceFly

MindTwister said:
Should I start a poll to ask how many people are interested or just wait for more people to manifest themselves on this post?

yes well i think you should... and what does "bump" mean?

star

I like it too but I know I am probaly only avaliable once a month to participate so much on my plate right now.

MindTwister

EbonyPerez said:
yes well i think you should... and what does "bump" mean?
You think I should do what? wait for more people to manifest themselves in this one or start a poll?

By the way "bump" means "bringing up my post" :)

MindTwister

star said:
I like it too but I know I am probaly only avaliable once a month to participate so much on my plate right now.
Oh I don't think people meeting only once a month should be an issue. Folks in their respective areas can just meet whenever they are ready and available. I wasn't really thinking of it as something on a regular weekly-biweekly basis. Frequency would really depend on the people :)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
MindTwister said:
Oh I don't think people meeting only once a month should be an issue. Folks in their respective areas can just meet whenever they are ready and available. I wasn't really thinking of it as something on a regular weekly-biweekly basis. Frequency would really depend on the people :)

Would you believe I had a 'vision' of this happening? My error was in not speaking about it. Then God used you. This is definitely something that He wants to happen. Each day He calls out, "Who's on the Lord's Side?"

And the different denominations are not the issue. God doesn't place labels on any of us, just His love. So our differences will not make a difference. For each of us will be coming together to make a 'joyful' noice unto the Lord...All Ye Lands...so it's settled, that includes each of us.

Currently, my schedule is full throughout this year (family, weddings, other events, which are all manifested prayers :lol: but I'm still open to have my footsteps ordered of Him...:) Even if I don't get to 'see' any of you until, next year (which isn't that far away), I'll be there to embrace you with all of my heart.

Wonderful Obedience 'MindTwister'. You obeyed the Lord with this post, I didn't...:)

Love to each of you....

BeatriceFly

both but i really meant thhe poll
oh so if some one did this already they say bump?

MindTwister said:
You think I should do what? wait for more people to manifest themselves in this one or start a poll?

By the way "bump" means "bringing up my post" :)

Nella

Yes, I think this is a good idea. I currently live in Southgate, MI which, is located in the Metro Detroit area. If, there are any sister's in here from Michigan please let me know.

Thanks,

MindTwister

Thanks ladies for bumping this. I really hope with all my heart that we can get to doing at least one of this before the end of the year...
SO Cal ladies who are interested, do ya'll think it's a good idea to start thinking about a date?

Shimmie

Staff member
MindTwister said:
I'll have to keep bumping this thread until it happens :D

It'll happen...then you will all do a 'Sister Twister and Shout'...:lol:

I'm in total agreement for this to happen for you and the other precious angels here, and very soon. ;)

MindTwister

Shimmie said:
It'll happen...then you will all do a 'Sister Twister and Shout'...:lol:

I'm in total agreement for this to happen for you and the other precious angels here, and very soon. ;)
:lachen:
Now on a serious note, I would love to know what is preventing this from happening. The ladies who manifested interest in this thread, where u at? Is it busy lives? Lost of interest in seeing this come to pass?

Shimmie

Staff member
MindTwister said:
:lachen:
Now on a serious note, I would love to know what is preventing this from happening. The ladies who manifested interest in this thread, where u at? Is it busy lives? Lost of interest in seeing this come to pass?

Let's pray away the obstacles and allow God to re-open a new door for each of them.

I understand 'committments', but sometimes there are obstacles which hinder, so we ask the Lord to open the paths for each and everyone who is ordained to be there, in Jesus' name, "Amen and Amen." ;)

Watch out, "Twister" there's a mighty rushing wind of Sisters coming your way, to fellowship, dance, enjoy one another and pray. Here it comes...so prepare.

MindTwister

Shimmie said:
Let's pray away the obstacles and allow God to re-open a new door for each of them.

I understand 'committments', but sometimes there are obstacles which hinder, so we ask the Lord to open the paths for each and everyone who is ordained to be there, in Jesus' name, "Amen and Amen." ;)

Watch out, "Twister" there's a mighty rushing wind of Sisters coming your way, to fellowship, dance, enjoy one another and pray. Here it comes...so prepare.
In Jesus Name, Amen and Amen :)
I do really really hope that this will happen