Christian Unity, Cultural Differences and Freedom to Integrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeChangedMyName

And that's exactly what Twiss is saying. I think people have to realize they are largely Euro-centered in culture. This is a problem for many christian communities worldwide but you won't know what it means unless you view the material. We can go on and on in circles...but unless people actually look at that info fully, they simply cannot make an educated opinion on it. I don't need to further explain . Consider the thread closed, please.

I don't mean any harm and I am not attacking you, nor do I feel attacked by you, but why are you so dead set on having us view this material if you have already given us your version of the cliffs notes? It seems like you are rather looking for a group of people to co-sign on your own personal beliefs and that is fine if that is what you want, but on a forum where you experience people from all walks of life, it is a hard thing to comeby a whole group of people to have the exact same interpretation as you do.

Original Topic aside, you seem to be looking for something or someone to judge and to point the finger at for past hurts. Rather than looking to a man and his opinion and holding it so highly. . .I think you will agree that the best thing is to talk to God about it.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I don't mean any harm and I am not attacking you, nor do I feel attacked by you, but why are you so dead set on having us view this material if you have already given us your version of the cliffs notes? It seems like you are rather looking for a group of people to co-sign on your own personal beliefs and that is fine if that is what you want, but on a forum where you experience people from all walks of life, it is a hard thing to comeby a whole group of people to have the exact same interpretation as you do.

Original Topic aside, you seem to be looking for something or someone to judge and to point the finger at for past hurts. Rather than looking to a man and his opinion and holding it so highly. . .I think you will agree that the best thing is to talk to God about it.

The nature of a forum is to either give information, to ask information or to do both. THis is what I've done. I was asking opinions on the material and if anyone was aware, what effects has this type of issue had on the African American church. There are over 40 posts where this point has been overlooked, albeit not my fault. Actually, I am that person from a different walk of life, opening up certain issues for people to become aware of.

My purpose has always been upfront and very many times mentioned in this thread. It's not to judge or point a finger. Indication is not the same as accusation. I am sorry you all feel so offended by the presentation of facts as some sort of attack against your beliefs.

Again, if one cannot view his sermon/speech, then one will not be able to form an educated opinion on it. About my talking to G-d about disunity in the christian churchm, isolation and marginalization, it's not G-d's fault, it's man's fault and unless there is open dialogue, it will never be solved. And despite it, there is still faith, a pure faith. I tire from the unjust accusations. The evidence is still there... You can read it, listen to it, make an opinion or choose completely not to.

HeChangedMyName

The nature of a forum is to either give information, to ask information or to do both. THis is what I've done. I was asking opinions on the material and if anyone was aware, what effects has this type of issue had on the African American church. There are over 40 posts where this point has been overlooked, albeit not my fault. Actually, I am that person from a different walk of life, opening up certain issues for people to become aware of.

My purpose has always been upfront and very many times mentioned in this thread. It's not to judge or point a finger. Indication is not the same as accusation. I am sorry you all feel so offended by the presentation of facts as some sort of attack against your beliefs.

Again, if one cannot view his sermon/speech, then one will not be able to form an educated opinion on it. About my talking to G-d about disunity in the christian churchm, isolation and marginalization, it's not G-d's fault, it's man's fault and unless there is open dialogue, it will never be solved. And despite it, there is still faith, a pure faith. I tire from the unjust accusations. The evidence is still there... You can read it, listen to it, make an opinion or choose completely not to.

Ok, I hear you. You were asking opinions, but if the opinions were not lined up with your point of view, then you became combative rather than harmonious.

It became your fault when you gave us cliffs notes of what you got from the video.(I've actually gone back and watched the videos and minus your own commentary, I think this thread may have gone a little differently.

I don't know if anyone feels offended by anything other than your lack of understanding in the fact that not all people hold the same view point as yourself. Like I mentioned before EVERYONE has been disenfranchised at some point in time. But the growth comes in what you do with that you can either let it kill you with grief or you can let it feed you with power to overcome.

I agree, it's not God's fault, but he is the ONLY resolution

follow me for a minute. Going into an establishment such as---that cathouse brothel with a Bible and holy water, oils or whatever floats your boat and condemning all those people to hell for sinning when to them it is just a way to pay bills. It isn't God's way to force any views on anyone, we have to take his lead. give the information and direction and then allow people to come. They will, in time.

After watching Twiss for myself, he has valid points and it seems that through all of these pages, we missed it, because of what was pointed out from what you perceived.

Again, I say all this in love. you remind me so much of myself some years ago when I felt the same way about AA being disenfranchised, stolen from our land and forced to convert and be something that we were inately NOT. All things work for good for those who love Him though. Although slavery and the treatment of NA in America were horrendous acts of history, the reality is that according to the Bible, the Gospel has to be spread somehow and had it not been for slavery and the stealing of America, I may not know Jesus even today and still be lost.

TrustMeLove

I *THINK* got what the OP was saying from her first post. I didn't take it offensively either. This guy in the video stated some opinions she was asking for our opinions....simple.

I too do see what Twiss is saying about the NA first encounter with Christianity. It was definitely horrible and not something that made you feel like the people were good people who were trying to get you to believe in a different God/religion/ etc..

That the introduction was definitely clouded by the acts of the people delievering the message. I'm not going to accept a dollar from aperson who is committing evil acts against me even if I am broke as a joke.

I also hope that NA are able to intertwine their cultural with their belief in Jesus Christ. That their form of worship is looked down upon because it may not fit what other folks consider normal....or something that is mainstream.

That this healing between to the two cultures will hopefully continue to take place. And is happening thanks to moves by the RCC. I believe that God will make this to come to pass because he wants his people healed and whole. There is a lot of hurt and pain in the body of Christ...and it may not be all spiritual and it does have things to do with our worldy circumstances, but God gets it and he will work it out.

Now OP, you don't know how to accept criticism even when you may not be in the wrong or even if you are in the wrong. You have a very combative spirit and don't say things in love when folks may not agree with you or have not clearly understood what you have stated. And that spirit of Love was definitely messing throughout this thread.
I was thankful to see Irresistable post something in love even though she was "lost" or didn't agree or read something differently from the post.

I use to be the same way..I've made "Christians" cry before and I didn't see anything wrong with what I was saying because in my mind it was the TRUTH! And I still think it is the TRUTH, but I just needed to learn how to say it in love. And once I learned how to keep my mouth shut in certain situations (ignore folks or a thread) and in others say what I had to say in LOVE things started to work out better for me and my message got across.

HeChangedMyName

I *THINK* got what the OP was saying from her first post. I didn't take it offensively either. This guy in the video stated some opinions she was asking for our opinions....simple.

I too do see what Twiss is saying about the NA first encounter with Christianity. It was definitely horrible and not something that made you feel like the people were good people who were trying to get you to believe in a different God/religion/ etc..

That the introduction was definitely clouded by the acts of the people delievering the message. I'm not going to accept a dollar from aperson who is committing evil acts against me even if I am broke as a joke.

I also hope that NA are able to intertwine their cultural with their belief in Jesus Christ. That their form of worship is looked down upon because it may not fit what other folks consider normal....or something that is mainstream.

That this healing between to the two cultures will hopefully continue to take place. And is happening thanks to moves by the RCC. I believe that God will make this to come to pass because he wants his people healed and whole. There is a lot of hurt and pain in the body of Christ...and it may not be all spiritual and it does have things to do with our worldy circumstances, but God gets it and he will work it out.

Now OP, you don't know how to accept criticism even when you may not be in the wrong or even if you are in the wrong. You have a very combative spirit and don't say things in love when folks may not agree with you or have not clearly understood what you have stated. And that spirit of Love was definitely messing throughout this thread.
I was thankful to see Irresistable post something in love even though she was "lost" or didn't agree or read something differently from the post.

I use to be the same way..I've made "Christians" cry before and I didn't see anything wrong with what I was saying because in my mind it was the TRUTH! And I still think it is the TRUTH, but I just needed to learn how to say it in love. And once I learned how to keep my mouth shut in certain situations (ignore folks or a thread) and in others say what I had to say in LOVE things started to work out better for me and my message got across.

You are so on point, very objective too, thanks :yep:

Ms.Honey

No, I said that European Jews have "hijacked" Judaism by their mistreatment of authentic, original ethnic Jews from the Middle East. Don't attribute that to her...it was my comment. I was not talking about christians at all...unless somebody else really said that and in that case, you can scratch my comment because it wouldn't then apply. I was referring to blatant racism and discrimination.

But in my Hebrew class, the majority are Germans, Poles, etc. A guy who is studying to be a cantor who's family is of original Jewish descent, from N. Africa, came in new to the class. Their jaws dropped at the site of this swarthy curly-headed cutie and the German teacher openly mistreated him...right there in front of everybody, class after class after class. It's probably something you are unaware of in that community...much akin to a Sudanese walking into an Episcopalian church and everybody staring, thinking he's certainly in the wrong place (imagine the humorous situation). When he starts singing in his ancient tradition which is the older one...2,000 years old in Africa, people will think it strange when it's the older tradition.

Question? Why do you always assume that we are unaware of stuff? Is it because we're not Jewish because I've noticed that you don't address almaz that way?

I am aware. I am aware of the African Jewish tribe (I believe they live in Southern Africa) who proclaimed to being Jews by blood not proselytes lived traditionaly even and were made to prove they were Jews with blood tests that traced back their ancestry. They were proven to be blood descendants.

Your classmate was mistreated and discriminated against but you think we should study Judaism:ohwell:

Ms.Honey

One can NEVER erase history. Again, if you viewed the vids, then you'd know what was contained within them. Please do not expect every person to have and speak your own particular language regarding belief.

By language do you mean interpretation or do you mean speech. With speech isn't that what you and other Jews says about Christians? If not you, another member DEFINITELY said that we couldn't worship/understand because we didn't speak their language. That we can't fully understand the Word unless we speak Hebrew or Aramaic?

I don't see the difference between what the missionaries did to the NA's and what the Jews did to the gentiles. Trying to make the gentiles Jews, wanting them to be circumcised and follow Jewish ordinances. They were trying to force the gentiles to be Jews and Paul fought against that explaining it to the Jews in the books of Acts and Hebrews but you come here and try to tell us that we need to be Jews:ohwell: You are doing the SAME things the Jews did to the gentiles but not being honest about it or really not seeing it.

It wasn't you or Almaz who said that Christians hijacked her religion it was another member who likes to lurk here.

HeChangedMyName

DoOver. I viewed the video and the overall picture that I got from Twiss is that the delivery of the Gospel to the NA's was not Christ-like in it's nature. That's it. all the extra stuff is really unnecessary. The same thing could be said about how the gospel was used to enforce slavery of AA's and to convert them as well.

The focus is being put on the people who did this rather than coming from a spirit of victory over the fact that we've made it through our plight in America we can't keep dwelling on the negatives. Rest in God's hands and know that He and only He is God and that what he has for us on the other side of this is so much more than what was or could have ever been stolen for us both culturally, spiritually, mentally, emotionally even physically.

Reality is natural, Spirituality transcends all that.

HeChangedMyName

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED!

...as it's pointless to keep reiterating while facing the same misinformed accusations...it's pointless...

Please tell us exactly what you are being accused of. As a forum for Christians. I can guarantee you that if you express to us your EXACT perception of what you feel are accusations against you, we would be delighted to correct things.

Ramya

Right SN! I get that the delivery was awful and I highly doubt that's what God had in mind. BUT where did all this other 'stuff' come in at? That is where I'm lost.

Irresistible

I think the thing is

Most of us do know history, but we still stand where we stand and feel just fine with our truths , and our relationship with the Creator and already feel that we have 'unity' , and most of all we LOVE GOD and know of HIS LOVE

We dont need to keep focusing on history we are at peace with going forward from here and walking with God

I do pray that the NA's, can make peace with Christianity and bridge the gap, if thats what is wanted from any of them. Its easy to do, not hard at all really.

I am not sure we will all ever be in church, or gathering together praying to the True God AND our ancestors, seeking prayer AND medicine men, and smoking Peyote, but its all Good

and God is STILL the only true God on the Throne, the True Creator , The Father

so most of us, despite the horrible acts of the past, have already made peace with it and are choosing to walk with our God forward and in LOVE healing and PEACE

We are all saying that Hannah, Christians do love and accept you, YOU the person, maybe not the whole msg your bringing, but YOU if you truly want unity within your beliefs and Christianity, we are more than able to just LOVE you and accept you.

if we cant embrace the whole msg your coming with, doesnt mean we dont love, or truly wish for unity, we cant force feed you, and you cant force feed us, unity is respecting where another is at in there beliefs or at least 'falling back' when you know you need to, it doesnt mean you cant still love that person

The History is true, but its not a stumbling block to walking with God now in the here and RIGHT NOW. I guess you feel we are missing something and we are saying we ARE NOT. Maybe thats where the unity can start to come in , in your understanding that we feel we are doing just fine and are comfortable in our truths and nothing in history changes that for us today

:iloveyou:

HeChangedMyName

Right SN! I get that the delivery was awful and I highly doubt that's what God had in mind. BUT where did all this other 'stuff' come in at? That is where I'm lost.

You know what I think it is just a matter of how we each receive stuff. You know that game we all played in middle school where the teacher would whisper something to one student and that student would whisper it to another student and it went down the line until the last student had to tell the whole class what was whispered to them and by then, it had been all twisted around.

It's just a matter of perception and this thread dealt more with G's perception of the videos rather than the videos themselves. After watching them, although I see what G got out of them, my overall perception was different from G's, while different, it was no more or less important than hers.

Ms.Honey

You're not lost girl you see what's happening but.......

GV, you DO post a lot of interesting info BUT you slip stuff in that's not being well received. You and Twiss are NOT saying the same things.

I want to ask you WHO exactly is hindering NA's and people of color from expressing cultural freedom in their churches. You seem to have an old vision of the church from segregation days. You pretend not to know the answer THEN state the answer (AA express their culture in their music etc.")

It is VERY hard not to believe that you post these threads because you think we're ignorant and don't know basic church history, biblical history and American history.

Irresistible

GV, you DO post a lot of interesting info BUT you slip stuff in that's not being well received. You and Twiss are NOT saying the same things.

I want to ask you WHO exactly is hindering NA's and people of color from expressing cultural freedom in their churches. You seem to have an old vision of the church from segregation days. You pretend not to know the answer THEN state the answer (AA express their culture in their music etc.")

It is VERY hard not to believe that you post these threads because you think we're ignorant and don't know basic church history, biblical history and American history.

Honestly

this is how it does start to feel at times

I guess thats the confusion , the msg's are being mixed together, hers on top of his, I dont know..........

Irresistible

I get it now

its the same way some AA's are anti Christianity because of how it was brought to them and the NA's the same

We truly did ALL know this already

We came to be Christians how WE came, it wasnt forced on us today, and we know it to be our TRUTH AND OUR FAITH, I respect that others can get stuck on how it was 'used' the wrong way in the past and used in a way that caused pain, if someone can never come to Christianity as their faith because of it, there is nothing any of us that already have come to that faith can do about it but pray, and we are not responsible personally for the pains of the past , we did not do it. But NEVERTHELESS JESUS IS OUR FIRST LOVE! and we love him because we have come to know him PERSONALLY and nothing in the past matters or stands in the way anymore for us.

its sad that it is this way though, other Christians that didnt act Christ like causing such a huge stumbling block for so many , I guess in part what the enemy intended in the first place

but then ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER

what else is there to say

Hannah God was on the throne all along , then and now and forever more, he will hold all accountable for all things.

all I know for me TODAY is I found out FOR ME JESUS IS SO REAL, AND HE SAVED ME.

The past cant change that today, and I came from a family rooted in the occult and it was as a child instilled in my beliefs, but whew LORD when all that new age crap got my arse in trouble and I needed help ASAP, he was but one prayer away, I didnt need a church, a religion, a person, a history book, or lesson , or to know which church or religion was the right one, or what Christians did to who in the past

I made a 911 call to him , (PRAYER) AND he answered MIGHTILY, and my testimony you would not even believe OK, but I went through and felt and witnessed the war for my soul , it was horrific and scary, but my JESUS WON! all I had to do was pray!

dang I feel like jumping up and down, what was this thread about again? :grin: I'm too through........I'm praising and thats all I can do right now

whew girl , I love you hannah, I know your heart is beautiful! Your just on your path and its yours to take and HE HAS GOT YOU!

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

^^ ^ Iris, like you said, All things work together. . .

This post is doing just what it is suppose to. it is showing how the heart of God can move through people and deliver them and how it is there for the taking for whomever wants it

HeChangedMyName

Honestly

I guess thats the confusion , the msg's are being mixed together, hers on top of his, I dont know..........

I don't even think it is a matter of mixing anything, because word for word what G, typed in the post as what she got from the videos that information is really there.

rather than anything being slipped in. like my mother use to say when I was a kid. "People hear what they wanna hear." G heard the part about the disenfranchisement of a people. I heard the part about unity among people regardless of cultural difference.

I would really encourage anyone who has about 10 minutes to just watch the vids.

Ms.Honey

Honestly

It seems like she has a lot of info that she wants to share but won't just say, "I want to share this with you all to further try and convince you that Christians really need to be Judaistic". That's the message she's trying to bring and we know that we don't need to and tell her that so she then brings in other "testimonies" that Yeah, Christians NEED to be Jews.

I think it's frustrating her that we don't believe it and refuse to believe it therefore it frustated us in the beginning, me particularly. Now we see the pattern in her threads and posts. That's why no one initially responded to her other threads and until divya was nice enough to, no one would have responded to this one either, that and the fact that it was a super long OP that came with a super long article AND 3 videos:grin: BUT it is still interesting and would have been recieved as such if not for her personal agenda being added to it.

Nice & Wavy

As part NA (Seminole), part Italian and part AA, and a christian, I found the message to be off....plain and simple.

We must be able to go forward...pressing toward the mark of the High Calling in Christ Jesus in order for us to heal.

The bible says this:

If my people who are called by MY NAME, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

and

If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; and that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity, then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
Leviticus 26:40-42

The only way healing can truly come is if we are in agreement with the whole Word of God, not some...but, all of it!

Jesus said..."where two or three are gathered in My Name, there I AM in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

Where the Spirit of the Lord is...there is liberty (freedom) and we can be healed! 2 Corinthians 3: 17

We can confess our sins to one another, and pray for one another, that we may be healed. James 5:16

Praying that change will come to the hearts of God's people!

Irresistible

It seems like she has a lot of info that she wants to share but won't just say, "I want to share this with you all to further try and convince you that Christians really need to be Judaistic". That's the message she's trying to bring and we know that we don't need to and tell her that so she then brings in other "testimonies" that Yeah, Christians NEED to be Jews.

I think it's frustrating her that we don't believe it and refuse to believe it therefore it frustated us in the beginning, me particularly. Now we see the pattern in her threads and posts. That's why no one initially responded to her other threads and until divya was nice enough to, no one would have responded to this one either, that and the fact that it was a super long OP that came with a super long article AND 3 videos:grin: BUT it is still interesting and would have been recieved as such if not for her personal agenda being added to it.

why do we need to be Jews? and how can we be Jews?

I'm so lost :ohwell:

Irresistible

Oh well........

back to praising JESUS , for saving me out of the hands of the enemy and healing me and delivering me and setting me free and loving me and teaching me and being patient with me and for blessing me and blessing me and blessing me and loving me and loving me and loving me

I LOVE THE LORD!

I'm not going nowhere, I'm not converting, reverting, subverting, inverting or any verting I am staying right where I am, I'm in the right place! Jesus paid the price for me and I am HIS!

*praise dance*

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I think the thing is

Most of us do know history, but we still stand where we stand and feel just fine with our truths , and our relationship with the Creator and already feel that we have 'unity' , and most of all we LOVE GOD and know of HIS LOVE

We dont need to keep focusing on history we are at peace with going forward from here and walking with God

I do pray that the NA's, can make peace with Christianity and bridge the gap, if thats what is wanted from any of them. Its easy to do, not hard at all really.

I am not sure we will all ever be in church, or gathering together praying to the True God AND our ancestors, seeking prayer AND medicine men, and smoking Peyote, but its all Good

and God is STILL the only true God on the Throne, the True Creator , The Father

so most of us, despite the horrible acts of the past, have already made peace with it and are choosing to walk with our God forward and in LOVE healing and PEACE

We are all saying that Hannah, Christians do love and accept you, YOU the person, maybe not the whole msg your bringing, but YOU if you truly want unity within your beliefs and Christianity, we are more than able to just LOVE you and accept you.

if we cant embrace the whole msg your coming with, doesnt mean we dont love, or truly wish for unity, we cant force feed you, and you cant force feed us, unity is respecting where another is at in there beliefs or at least 'falling back' when you know you need to, it doesnt mean you cant still love that person

The History is true, but its not a stumbling block to walking with God now in the here and RIGHT NOW. I guess you feel we are missing something and we are saying we ARE NOT. Maybe thats where the unity can start to come in , in your understanding that we feel we are doing just fine and are comfortable in our truths and nothing in history changes that for us today

:iloveyou:

The part of history wherein lies the unadulterated truth of all cultures here, not just the ones we're familiar with. Just like people reading American history and getting a very one-sided view of AA contribution to this society, one of slavery only. A disconnect...? Jesus Christ!

This is just so ridiculous. Who viewed the entirety of the information? And if not, then why post? I'm talking his sermon/speech alongside the transcribed quotes wherein they were placed within the proper context? People responded to something they thought they saw, ran with it, kept running with it, made awful accusations of racism, alluded to anti-christian...you name it, it was done.

My question is, why post to something you didn't view in entirety? and then keep demanding an explanation? That's all. I wasn't attempting to change anyone's religion, convert them to anything, make them New Age or something...whatever. It's just ridiculous and enough already. Talk about a witch hunt, sheesh!

Nobody had to agree to this or my viewpoint but simply DO NOT call me a racist when I am not. There was actually only ONE person on here who I believe viewed most of the material. The rest, people just based their rants over another's viewpoint of what they thought they saw, jumping all over it as though it were anti-christian.

And the delivery was awful? I briefly introduced the material, provided the appropriate links where the quotes were taken from, cited the author, transcribed/highlighted some of the important points and posted the two vids on the very first OP. Please, either view them and post based upon fact or not view them and NOT post anything about it. You DO NOT have to be here in this thread.:rolleyes: And no one here has to attempt to ENGAGE me further in this ridiculous display of witch hunt.

Ms.Honey

The part of history wherein lies the unadulterated truth of all cultures here, not just the ones we're familiar with. Just like people reading American history and getting a very one-sided view of AA contribution to this society, one of slavery only. A disconnect...? Jesus Christ!

This is just so ridiculous. Who viewed the entirety of the information? And if not, then why post? I'm talking his sermon/speech alongside the transcribed quotes wherein they were placed within the proper context? People responded to something they thought they saw, ran with it, kept running with it, made awful accusations of racism, alluded to anti-christian...you name it, it was done.

My question is, why post to something you didn't view in entirety? and then keep demanding an explanation? That's all. I wasn't attempting to change anyone's religion, convert them to anything, make them New Age or something...whatever. It's just ridiculous and enough already. Talk about a witch hunt, sheesh!

Nobody had to agree to this or my viewpoint but simply DO NOT call me a racist when I am not. There was actually only ONE person on here who I believe viewed most of the material. The rest, people just based their rants over another's viewpoint of what they thought they saw, jumping all over it as though it were anti-christian.

And the delivery was awful? I briefly introduced the material, provided the appropriate links where the quotes were taken from, cited the author, transcribed/highlighted some of the important points and posted the two vids on the very first OP. Please, either view them and post based upon fact or not view them and NOT post anything about it. You DO NOT have to be here in this thread.:rolleyes: And no one here has to attempt to ENGAGE me further in this ridiculous display of witch hunt.

You say just this one thread but it's a pattern GV. Read your other posts in THIS thread. Read your other threads and see what we're talking about. You were VERY clear on how you feel about the "white man" today not just what they've done in the past. Like I said you and Twiss aren't coming from the same place. He's more like, "That's the past let's move forward" but you're more like, "Let's separate from them removing anything remotely European and worship on our own."

I still do not see how the atrocities of the past are CURRENTLY preventing ANY culture in America from worshipping our own way. You know a lot so you must know that there are Korean churches, Ethiopian churches, hispanic churches, multicultural and predominantly one culture churches etc. in America that worship mainly in their tongue incorporating their culture in their worship BUT are welcoming to others.

BTW all of the above mentioned churches are in my neighborhood. We've moved past the point of forced worship in America and have already added elements of our culture in our worship. It's not a problem as long as our culture does not conflict with the Word of God.

Irresistible

I cant believe this just keeps turning from bad to worse

girl alot of people are telling you they are just lost , I mean they do get the msg but still dont get the point, so many of us.

maybe its not a witch hunt, cause I can surely see that nobody here was out for that, maybe its just that some of what you say isnt received by Christians

nothing more, nothing less

btw I didnt say anything about YOU and the new age crap, I SAID ITS WHAT got ME into trouble, I was posting MY testimony not applicable to you at all, I'm sorry that I lost you in that, but the point was that I didnt need anything but the LORD to save me in that moment, not a history lesson, not religion, not church, just PRAYER

ONE PRAYER

that was my only point and it didnt apply to you whatsoever

So many have said they do understand the initial msg and point, I think we are all at a loss at this point as to what was expected for us to do about it, you engaged us in this and we all have truly responded with our beliefs feelings and viewpoints, and with much respect

You even saying this is a witch hunt is very telling

its saying thats what you think Christians will behave like in advance so when we get riled up and stand strong in our beliefs its getting called or being interpreted as a witch hunt? how fair is that?

Last edited:

Irresistible

oh and you quoted my post and I did not say any of those things in that post to you

nothing

and have apologized already profusely for the things I might have misunderstood

its like you are going 'This is ridiculous, do you even hear me'

but we are all saying the same to you.......

but the thing is we can tell you over and over and over that we did , do and have heard the msg but YOU arent hearing that at all

the things said previously have changed, this thread changed, everyone has been reaching out to understand you and what your saying and to discuss their feelings and thoughts on it all

what else could we do :pullhair:

I guess all I can ask is what did you really want to come from this thread?

Irresistible

You say just this one thread but it's a pattern GV. Read your other posts in THIS thread. Read your other threads and see what we're talking about. You were VERY clear on how you feel about the "white man" today not just what they've done in the past. Like I said you and Twiss aren't coming from the same place. He's more like, "That's the past let's move forward" but you're more like, "Let's separate from them removing anything remotely European and worship on our own."

I still do not see how the atrocities of the past are CURRENTLY preventing ANY culture in America from worshipping our own way. You know a lot so you must know that there are Korean churches, Ethiopian churches, hispanic churches, multicultural and predominantly one culture churches etc. in America that worship mainly in their tongue incorporating their culture in their worship BUT are welcoming to others.

BTW all of the above mentioned churches are in my neighborhood. We've moved past the point of forced worship in America and have already added elements of our culture in our worship. It's not a problem as long as our culture does not conflict with the Word of God.

if thats the msg, then surely its been made clear by many of us that we arent getting on board:nono:

@Hannah
Twiss wants to heal from the past ......we all already have here , dont you see that?

and Hannah YOU have said things about white people and the euro influence on Christianity repeatedly, thats where you lost me, maybe thats what people cant hear

I dont know

I dont know what else to say

again this hurts

WITCH HUNT?
:sad::sad::sad:

HeChangedMyName

Wow, still going huh. This is really getting out of hand. What would God think of all this circular discourse? Let's keep in mind that God knows all our hearts and anyone who posts in this thread in order to falsely accuse, condemn or use the Lord's message in vain will have God to deal with on the issue. No need to convince one another of anything.

No need to keep trying to bring anyone into the light of Jesus by whatever means. Can we all just agree to let it go? If in fact we are all Christians, believing in Jesus Christ as our Savior and the one and only begotten son of Jesus Christ, does all this mess really matter?

All that matters is that He gave up His life so that each and every believer could have everlasting life in the presence of our Father.

Bad things happened, happen and will continue to happen until we are ALL together in paradise with God.

This thread has really hurt my heart and I don't get all emotional about much. I consider the non-Christians who may have read this and been deterred from the faith because a bunch of Christians were bickering. I think of the Christians who were considering leaving the faith who left because of all this foolishness.

Father God I am calling on you to help me out here. Whatever Spirit(s) caused all this mess. . .right now in the name of Jesus I rebuke that spirit(s) that it will leave and not cause further souls to be lost. I cast out all demons that may try to put up a veil of confusion to keep God's chosen ones away from him. I pray that all of the power of evil that was built up with this thread would fall right down to it's foundations. I stand on the Word of Jesus Christ and ask that the hand and power of God move in the hearts of every one affected negatively by this thread that we will not carry any animosity or other negative or ill feelings with us toward one another or other people that may cause further harm toward this, our Body of Christ. I pray that if any souls were confused and confounded and pushed or pulled away from the Body by this thread would be restored to the Body of Christ. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

God, I thank you in advance because I know it is already done.

FYI, I am not directing the rebuke to anyone in particular in fact, if any of my posts were influenced then it goes for them too. We are not on this earth to fight people. There is always something working in the spiritual realm and oftentimes it is only in hindsight when we even recognized that we were used by the devil to stir things up. If anyone takes offense to this prayer, then take it up with God because it is by his direction that I am posting it. I give it to him. I love you all dearly but I can't sit back and watch this mess unfold and not say anything because God put it in my spirit that this wasn't right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.