Christianity and......

BLESSED1

Modeling ;)

Please pardon me if this post seems silly, but I'm still in my personal quest to become a better christian and was wondering about this: I have been training hard to audition for fitness magazine photo shoots. Some of the companies that I contacted require pics of me in a bathing suit. I'm looking to do either a mag cover, or some of the articles where there's a pic of a "regular" person demonstrating exercises. Are there specific references in the Bible that's against "tasteful" modeling? If I do get picked, it wouldn't be anything like King mag :lol: I've been contacted by Shape, Fitness magazine, and Muscle and Fitness Hers mag. As for my audition pics I would wear a halter top bikini, very little boob shows, and the bottom piece looks like short shorts. I appreciate any insight that you lovely ladies have, tia :yep:

phynestone

I don't think it would be bad at all, as long as you are not compromising yourself for a quick buck. What you described seems tasteful enough. I wish you well.

AnnDriena_

Fitness modeling is a great thing. You are helping others to be good stewards of the body the good Lord gave them. Go for it. Now if you are in some high heels and baby oil specifically for the purpose of stirring up lustful feelings in men who you have no right or intention of fullfilling then you need to check that (yeah I'm looking at you King, Maxim and etc). Yes some men look at fitness magazines and lust over the women in them but that's not what it's for. Some people use knives to murder other people but that's not what the knives are for. Even victorias' secret catalogues are not for men but we all know they "abuse" the catalogues for their own pleasure:look: but that shouldn't stop you from modeling lingerie so other women can say "hey that's a cute bra, I think I'd like to buy one" as opposed to seeing it on a mannequin, which research tells us doesn't sell as well as seeing it on a real person. So go for it and good luck.:D

Thanks for posting, its something Ive also thouhght about (oxygen and muscle and fitness r my favorites right now). I think you should definitely go for it, Im a fitness magazine junkie and it'd b nice to see more diversity in them.

BLESSED1

Thanks for the responses & words of encouragement ladies :kiss: I just wasn't sure of the christian take on this, since if I get a photo shoot done, I will more than likely be in some kind of spandex biker shorts and matching top, for women & men to look at me (& hopefully read the corresponding articles too :lol:. I'm not down for the bikini pics though, I'm a little too self conscious for that but if I had a little more self esteem I'd go for a beach fitness shoot!

Hey naughteegirl, I'll let you know how everything goes, I plan on taking audition pics next week and submit them to the mags. There was a great post in the health/fitness forum about getting started in the fitness modeling business, I think kandyland had posted it but I'll see if I can bump it up for you :yep: