"Christians" scare me

Finewine

IMO it's not "self righteousness". There is NONE righteous, not even one. However Jesus did say that we shall know them by their fruits, and while sanctification IS a process, when somone truly realizes what Christ sacrifice for them really means, I just can't comprehend how someone could continue in sin, knowing what Jesus suffer for. I'm not talking about a slip or fall, I'm talking about, intentional, premeditated sin. How could anyone do that to Him?

Sometimes Satan just has a bigger grip, and it can be hard to let him go! A lot of people always put off salvation for later, never believing that their end is near. I mean, Satan lets you do what you want to, when you want to, and how you want to. God has rules and regulations, some of which are hard to follow. It's usually easier to take Satan's path.

PanamasOwn

This was a VERY interesting thread... I am not sure who said mentioned the topic of Christians judging "hypocritcally" but here is my take on it. Since we are born into sin, and are sinners ourselves, even as Christians, we HONESTLY don't have a right to judge anyone. Remember God says he sees ALL SIN the SAME. Remember you thinkin of someone inappropriately (sin), you being jealous of someone, even in the slightest bit (sin) killing someone (sin).. You cannot escape sinning, unless you isolate yourself from the world NO ONE is Jesus. he is the ONLY being that can live without sin. therefore those who do judge, do judge hypocritically. I mean there is no way around it. No one here can say that, since I have been re-born I have lived completely and entirely without sin or any kind. And if you believe that you are lying to yourself.

I do believe however, that you can help guide someone into a better life, if it is their choice. Because if we are all supposed to love God and follow him, he would NOT have given us free will and choices. There would be no heaven and hell. Our job is to preach and to teach. Not judge and condemn. Anything forced, will not come out right. Of course if you go up to someone and say, if you dont change you are going to hell, they are going to try to do everything they can, so they DONT go to hell. But are they making that choice because they want to, or simply because they are afraid of the consequences? God wants us to CHOOSE to love him. He wants his followers to TEACH about how good He is and how better their life can be if they follow Him. Some Christians call themselves testifying and walking into malls and telling people they are going to hell if they dont repent today. I dont know about you, but I cant take someone seriously that does that. You arent fooling God by walking up into an establishment and shouting from the rooftops what you know but later on going home and gossiping about Sister such and such. Becoming a Christian is an intimacy that should always be treated as such, even when you are teaching. Many will be called, but few will be chosen. Just because you go slapping folks upside the head with the word, doesnt mean you are doing God's work. Instead you are using it as a vehicle to man your own disapproval of that person's lifestyle.

This isnt directed towards anyone, just my own observations and things that I have come to realize over time through prayer and reading.

Nice & Wavy

It's all in the approach people. If there are people telling people "you are going to hell", I'm wondering if the way they were trained was correct.

Jesus Himself "trained" the disciples on how to share the Kingdom of God with the people. Some received their words and others didn't. It still goes on the same way today. Hell is not wrong to share with people...its the approach in which its done that can scare folks off. Hell is a real place and was created for the devil and his angels..so man does not need to occupy a place where a devil should be. Unfortunately, there will be many going there ("broad is the way that leads to destruction...narrow is the gate to everlasting life.) and that's where we come in....we are to be the hands, feet and mouthpiece of God regarding mankind.

We are sinners who are "SAVED" by the Grace of God. Why are we saved? What are we doing to help others to get saved?

The plan of God for His people is for us to tell people that they are sinners and need a Savior. Some people feel that they don't need a savior, that they can do it all themselves. Some feel that they do need the Savior, but are not ready right now, because they have to live their lives. Some people respond favorbly and give their lives to Christ right on the spot, whether we are in a store, on a corner or in Church. When you talk to people on a daily basis and share with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you learn what is needed to be said at that time.

We are to bring people to Jesus and He said that "I will draw all men to myself". He will make the way of Salvation for them...we are to do our part and that is to preach the message of Salvation.

We as believers must "learn to do well." It's not something you know, its something you learn by the Holy Spirit teaching you.

Blessings!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
To clarify, I made that comment about blowing up an abortion clinic, because the abortion clinic a couple of blocks from my campus was blown up (in the name of Christianity) when I was in high school. No, I don't believe that most of those of claim to be Christians would do such a heinous crime, but I was being honest in stating that is the first thing that comes to my mind.

I know that everyone claiming to be Christian really isn't, that's one of the reasons I began this post--- to get the opinons and viewpoints of others.
I understand...:kiss:

star

I agree with most of ladies here. You cannot live in fear about what you think may happen and all people are not alike and Christians are special people regardless of what level they are on. It is our job to pray for those who make mistakes and try to humbly and gently restore if we are lead by God if someone has sinned. Christians do not have to judge people their actions do the judging. I actually give people permission to judge me as the bible states but righteous judgement. In other words judge me with God's word and not your own opininon. But no one can give me judgement which is the punishment that goes with the sin but God and/or a judge in a court of law.

Favor2000

Just remember fear is the oppostie of faith. We must learn to pray for one another more to avoid people hurting one another.

Mahalialee4

This was a VERY interesting thread... I am not sure who said mentioned the topic of Christians judging "hypocritcally" but here is my take on it. Since we are born into sin, and are sinners ourselves, even as Christians, we HONESTLY don't have a right to judge anyone. Remember God says he sees ALL SIN the SAME. Remember you thinkin of someone inappropriately (sin), you being jealous of someone, even in the slightest bit (sin) killing someone (sin).. You cannot escape sinning, unless you isolate yourself from the world NO ONE is Jesus. he is the ONLY being that can live without sin. therefore those who do judge, do judge hypocritically. I mean there is no way around it. No one here can say that, since I have been re-born I have lived completely and entirely without sin or any kind. And if you believe that you are lying to yourself.

I do believe however, that you can help guide someone into a better life, if it is their choice. Because if we are all supposed to love God and follow him, he would NOT have given us free will and choices. There would be no heaven and hell. Our job is to preach and to teach. Not judge and condemn. Anything forced, will not come out right. Of course if you go up to someone and say, if you dont change you are going to hell, they are going to try to do everything they can, so they DONT go to hell. But are they making that choice because they want to, or simply because they are afraid of the consequences? God wants us to CHOOSE to love him. He wants his followers to TEACH about how good He is and how better their life can be if they follow Him. Some Christians call themselves testifying and walking into malls and telling people they are going to hell if they dont repent today. I dont know about you, but I cant take someone seriously that does that. You arent fooling God by walking up into an establishment and shouting from the rooftops what you know but later on going home and gossiping about Sister such and such. Becoming a Christian is an intimacy that should always be treated as such, even when you are teaching. Many will be called, but few will be chosen. Just because you go slapping folks upside the head with the word, doesnt mean you are doing God's work. Instead you are using it as a vehicle to man your own disapproval of that person's lifestyle.

This isnt directed towards anyone, just my own observations and things that I have come to realize over time through prayer and reading.

The term "judge" has a spectrum of meaning....which also includes "forming an opinion...to make a decision about....according to Webster. It would be interesting to know the exact spectrum covered in the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures. The point is "When we observe a behaviour or the fruit of someone's behaviour, walk or talk..." we should "judge or make an opinion about it, we also make a choice of rather or not to imitate or follow their footsteps. Like in Proverbs where it mentions that "the wise see the end or what is ahead and go around it...the simple pass on and are punished." We are to test the spirit of who is speaking or what they are promoting as well.
This is not the judging that "determines who is or is not going to "hell" as they say or that they are forever lost. So yes. I do judge from the aspect of the least part of the spectrum. What are your thoughts on I Corinthians 15:33? Would we or should we not have to make a judgement call on who is or is not "bad company? or even I Corin: 11:31 about personally "judging ourselves"? Of course we would have to take everything in "context" of the Scriptures being quoted.Then there is 1 Corin: 10:1-13: then verses 23-31: 11: re: freedom of believers: In the regard of "judging weightier matters"...what are your thoughts on this Scripture in I Corinthians 5:1-2 and specifically verses 9-13. Now this is heavy stuff and does not leave room for doubt that judging and weighing and decision making are involved here...this really slides across the spectrum of the term "judge" wouldn't you think? But I am looking forward to how you view these last scriptures I mentioned. This is where I got my understanding about judging things inside and not those outside, because that is God's job. The term "judge: judging is indeed a wide spectrum. The one thing that appears to be hands off when it comes to judging as far as God is concerned, is judging "unbelievers!"
And while you are in I Corinthinans, what do you think about Chapter 6:1-6. A little more across the spectrum too. Something to really think about, eh? So we would really have to look at the "judge not least ye be judged" and see what the Scriptures say about what the results will be...Result: "Men will.......(judge you), heap judgement on you. (No one likes to be told they are "wrong, a sinner, or that their conduct is unbecoming or shameful...especially "Christians!" So how we go about "exercising our judging, choosing, assessing, deciding, rebuking, chastising, should also fall within Scriptural guidelines. This is what I get out of all of this. bonjour

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

I agree with most of ladies here. You cannot live in fear about what you think may happen and all people are not alike and Christians are special people regardless of what level they are on. It is our job to pray for those who make mistakes and try to humbly and gently restore if we are lead by God if someone has sinned. Christians do not have to judge people their actions do the judging. I actually give people permission to judge me as the bible states but righteous judgement. In other words judge me with God's word and not your own opininon. But no one can give me judgement which is the punishment that goes with the sin but God and/or a judge in a court of law.

I so agree with your statement "judge me with God's Word" and not with personal opinions. I do believe that part of judging has to do with "rendering a verdict and sentencing" as evidenced in courts of law. Sample: EG. Evidence shows that a car was stolen, you were driving it and outrunning the police. Evidence also shows that you have several prior arrests for auto theft and served time! Also you currently belong to an "auto theft" gang!.Would I want my kid brother to hang with you, NO. and the reason. Obvious. Would I do everything to persuade my sister not to marry you. Of course. I would have judged you as a thief. And if you were a professing Christian to boot!...Run!!!! I would consider you MAJOR BAD ASSOCIATION!!! Or would you think that "judge not least ye be judged" would apply here? Just curious to know your thoughts, cause That would be a judging or judgement call. However, only the judge can send you away for 20 years so this "judgment or judging thing" is ..DEEP.

Last edited:

star

I so agree with your statement "judge me with God's Word" and not with personal opinions. I do believe that part of judging has to do with "rendering a verdict and sentencing" as evidenced in courts of law. Sample: EG. Evidence shows that a car was stolen, you were driving it and outrunning the police. Evidence also shows that you have several prior arrests for auto theft and served time! Also you currently belong to an "auto theft" gang!.Would I want my kid brother to hang with you, NO. and the reason. Obvious. Would I do everything to persuade my sister not to marry you. Of course. I would have judged you as a thief. And if you were a professing Christian to boot!...Run!!!! I would consider you MAJOR BAD ASSOCIATION!!! Or would you think that "judge not least ye be judged" would apply here? Just curious to know your thoughts, cause That would be a judging or judgement call. However, only the judge can send you away for 20 years so this "judgment or judging thing" is ..DEEP.

This is good insite. As an American the bible does say we must abide by the laws of the land. In your illustration a person can do all these things and people can cast an opinion about them as you described but once they are brought in court of justice they are not viewed by their religion but the evidence. However, on the other hand if they are Christians and maybe an inmatrue Christian God can still see fit to move on the Judges heart to give them a lighter sentence. Everything for a Christian utimately is in God's hand no matter what level of the Christian walk they are on becasue God knows the reason why things happen. People are entiteld to their opinion if done tastefully but honeslty speaking their are times I want God and the Judge to throw the book. For me this happens alot when a child is killed or molested but even in this God will have his say. God shows alot of grace and mercy which none of deserves but the key for me is stay close to God so if I do something wrong and repent I know utimately God will judge me even through the legal system at times and whatever the outcome my prayer is I learn something and don't look back.

I found it easier to show people they are wrong in God's sight then to share my own opinon and by giving God's word it speaks for itself. But, we always do it with love and respect because it could have been us in that situation.

Lastly, in your example the person was wrong in God's sight and the law of the land. Judging someone is telling them what they did was wrong according to God's word and Judgement is telling them what sentence or punishment they should receive as part of their wrongdoing or sin. People who may judge are not nessesciarly saying what the punish should be they may just be pointing it out. But only God and a court Judge and give people a Judgement or sentence.

PanamasOwn

This is good insite. As an American the bible does say we must abide by the laws of the land. In your illustration a person can do all these things and people can cast an opinion about them as you described but once they are brought in court of justice they are not viewed by their religion but the evidence. However, on the other hand if they are Christians and maybe an inmatrue Christian God can still see fit to move on the Judges heart to give them a lighter sentence. Everything for a Christian utimately is in God's hand no matter what level of the Christian walk they are on becasue God knows the reason why things happen. People are entiteld to their opinion if done tastefully but honeslty speaking their are times I want God and the Judge to throw the book. For me this happens alot when a child is killed or molested but even in this God will have his say. God shows alot of grace and mercy which none of deserves but the key for me is stay close to God so if I do something wrong and repent I know utimately God will judge me even through the legal system at times and whatever the outcome my prayer is I learn something and don't look back.

I found it easier to show people they are wrong in God's sight then to share my own opinon and by giving God's word it speaks for itself. But, we always do it with love and respect because it could have been us in that situation.

Lastly, in your example the person was wrong in God's sight and the law of the land. Judging someone is telling them what they did was wrong according to God's word and Judgement is telling them what sentence or punishment they should receive as part of their wrongdoing or sin. People who may judge are not nessesciarly saying what the punish should be they may just be pointing it out. But only God and a court Judge and give people a Judgement or sentence.

This is more so where I was leaning towards. Judging on the basis of your own personal beliefs and how you live you life, are prefectly ok. BUT you tread very unstable waters when you try to PUSH your beliefs onto someone else. I choose not to judge people that havent directly effected my life. But if you been around me long enough, I can make a decent enough decision if you are bad or good company. In reading the bible, yes, I'm VERY familar with the word as a whole, but I take the ENTIRE bible and use it. Not just some areas. The whole bible is our guide, and many lessons are taught. As a Christian it my job to help those who want to help themselves. But not to forcefully put myself on someone because they are not living a righteous life. As Christians, as the bible as well says, People will see you for your actions. I let me actions speak for me. Talking about something that most people already know, doesnt do anything. They have already made their choice. You help people, who are ignorant to the word. People followed Jesus not because he was a chastiser, or he walked around with his nose in the air. He was humble. He looked for those who were weak, sinners, tax collectors, etc... these were the people that Jesus made himself aquainted with, and within doing so, though his actions, and words, people followed him. If we are to try to be more like Jesus everyday, why areent more people taking this approach?? This is something to think about....

Mahalialee4

Exactly! Thank you.

Mahalialee4

This is more so where I was leaning towards. Judging on the basis of your own personal beliefs and how you live you life, are prefectly ok. BUT you tread very unstable waters when you try to PUSH your beliefs onto someone else. I choose not to judge people that havent directly effected my life. But if you been around me long enough, I can make a decent enough decision if you are bad or good company. In reading the bible, yes, I'm VERY familar with the word as a whole, but I take the ENTIRE bible and use it. Not just some areas. The whole bible is our guide, and many lessons are taught. As a Christian it my job to help those who want to help themselves. But not to forcefully put myself on someone because they are not living a righteous life. As Christians, as the bible as well says, People will see you for your actions. I let me actions speak for me. Talking about something that most people already know, doesnt do anything. They have already made their choice. You help people, who are ignorant to the word. People followed Jesus not because he was a chastiser, or he walked around with his nose in the air. He was humble. He looked for those who were weak, sinners, tax collectors, etc... these were the people that Jesus made himself aquainted with, and within doing so, though his actions, and words, people followed him. If we are to try to be more like Jesus everyday, why areent more people taking this approach?? This is something to think about....
True. I would not for one moment force myself on anyone. Eventually people reap what they sow. I also believe as I stated before..."no one comes to the Father unless the Spirit draws them."..speaking of "unbelievers". Our part: We are called to preach. We are called to "pray on behalf of saints everywhere"...we are called "to snatch people out of the fire while hating the garment that is stained", "to call people back to repentance and to have a "heart for people that has love and a desire that all be saved and that none shold be destroyed" cause the Father is like that.
This is where brokenness and weeping and praying on behalf of our people, nation, neighbors etc comes in. The Word states that if we judge without mercy, we will receive judgement without mercy. You hate the sin, the waste, mourn and groan in your spirit. We are definitely to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. There are times however, when we are told to "rebuke before all onlookers"...we are not to wink at these things. (This is referring to professed believers). In fact, Ezekial gave a stern warning about having "blood on our hands" if we do not warn people. As for walking around with our noses in the air this does no good. As for Jesus, in some cases He was a stern chastizer...with the money changers in the temple, He got physical in demonstrating His hatred for what they were doing; He got very descriptive when talking to the people about the religious leaders and directly to them..."vipers...murderers...whitewashed sepulchres...etc. etc. (Matthew). As for our being more like Jesus. Well based on Scripture He was a very interesting well rounded individual and PERFECT. He asked them some good questions..."How will you flee from the judgement of Gehenna?"...He stated to some that it was "better that they hang a millstone around their necks...than to stumble these little ones!" JESUS IS MY HERO!!!!!
Jesus was balanced mentally, physically and above all spiritually. He was perfect in everyway and no sin was found in Him. Too often, some Christians want to just emphasize the "humble, meek, silent Jesus" and not face the truth that He was a champion of justice, and not a compromiser. He laid matters bare, and people had to make their own choices to change, be changed or remain and die in their sins. Sometimes speaking the truth is the only thing that sets people free. As the Word mentions..."Better a public rebuke than a secret love". We cannot hang the whole message of Jesus and the gospel on "judge not least ye be judged". That is one of the reasons I believe that many people do not have a conscience left...because they have been lulled to sleep with pat statements like "God understands...and no one has a right to (judge you) tell you anything". They get to the point that "the Word of God " has no effect and they lose all "fear" of God and coming judgement. Why? I believe one of the reasons is that some professed Christians water down God the Father, Jesus" and many glaring Bible truths, and never bring up Scriptures that obviously "cut like a two edged sword" and tip toe around the truth and soft soap things and will not call right right, and wrong wrong as stated by the Scriptures. So they cop out with their favorite pat (part of a scripture)..."Judge Not!..."or *"Touch not mine anointed!" especially when one dares to criticise religious leaders....totally forgetting 1st John 2:27!
As for only helping those that want to help themselves....that gets dicey, cause we would have to "judge" in order to determine that. We would have to have accurate information and personal awareness to judge that as well who was making efforts to help themself or not. So to protect ourselves, we have to "judge the fruit" but still be a "good neighbour".
I totally agree with you that "all of the Bible" should speak on matters, not just special select scriptures because it (the Bible) is "beneficial for teaching, reproving, and setting matters straight." It is really a blessing to me to be sharing with persons who hold the Bible in high esteem and respect His Word. Thank you for all your comments. I do understand where you are coming from, and I know that it is God that saves and not us and that it is not by might, and not by power (force) but by His Spirit. I realize that as a person, I am powerless to do anything about the situation in my own strength. It is so important to allow ourselves to be led by the Spirit, in these trying troublesome times.

Last edited:

PanamasOwn

True. I would not for one moment force myself on anyone. Eventually people reap what they sow. I also believe as I stated before..."no one comes to the Father unless the Spirit draws them."..speaking of "unbelievers". Our part: We are called to preach. We are called to "pray on behalf of saints everywhere"...we are called "to snatch people out of the fire while hating the garment that is stained", "to call people back to repentance and to have a "heart for people that has love and a desire that all be saved and that none shold be destroyed" cause the Father is like that.
This is where brokenness and weeping and praying on behalf of our people, nation, neighbors etc comes in. The Word states that if we judge without mercy, we will receive judgement without mercy. You hate the sin, the waste, mourn and groan in your spirit. We are definitely to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. There are times however, when we are told to "rebuke before all onlookers"...we are not to wink at these things. (This is referring to professed believers). In fact, Ezekial gave a stern warning about having "blood on our hands" if we do not warn people. As for walking around with our noses in the air this does no good. As for Jesus, in some cases He was a stern chastizer...with the money changers in the temple, He got physical in demonstrating His hatred for what they were doing; He got very descriptive when talking to the people about the religious leaders and directly to them..."vipers...murderers...whitewashed sepulchres...etc. etc. (Matthew). As for our being more like Jesus. Well based on Scripture He was a very interesting well rounded individual and PERFECT. He asked them some good questions..."How will you flee from the judgement of Gehenna?"...He stated to some that it was "better that they hang a millstone around their necks...than to stumble these little ones!" JESUS IS MY HERO!!!!!
Jesus was balanced mentally, physically and above all spiritually. He was perfect in everyway and no sin was found in Him. Too often, some Christians want to just emphasize the "humble, meek, silent Jesus" and not face the truth that He was a champion of justice, and not a compromiser. He laid matters bare, and people had to make their own choices to change, be changed or remain and die in their sins. Sometimes speaking the truth is the only thing that sets people free. As the Word mentions..."Better a public rebuke than a secret love". We cannot hang the whole message of Jesus and the gospel on "judge not least ye be judged". That is one of the reasons I believe that many people do not have a conscience left...because they have been lulled to sleep with pat statements like "God understands...and no one has a right to (judge you) tell you anything". They get to the point that "the Word of God " has no effect and they lose all "fear" of God and coming judgement. Why? I believe one of the reasons is that some professed Christians water down God the Father, Jesus" and many glaring Bible truths, and never bring up Scriptures that obviously "cut like a two edged sword" and tip toe around the truth and soft soap things and will not call right right, and wrong wrong as stated by the Scriptures. So they cop out with their favorite pat (part of a scripture)..."Judge Not!..."or *"Touch not mine anointed!" especially when one dares to criticise religious leaders....totally forgetting 1st John 2:27!
As for only helping those that want to help themselves....that gets dicey, cause we would have to "judge" in order to determine that. We would have to have accurate information and personal awareness to judge that as well who was making efforts to help themself or not. So to protect ourselves, we have to "judge the fruit" but still be a "good neighbour".
I totally agree with you that "all of the Bible" should speak on matters, not just special select scriptures because it (the Bible) is "beneficial for teaching, reproving, and setting matters straight." It is really a blessing to me to be sharing with persons who hold the Bible in high esteem and respect His Word. Thank you for all your comments. I do understand where you are coming from, and I know that it is God that saves and not us and that it is not by might, and not by power (force) but by His Spirit. I realize that as a person, I am powerless to do anything about the situation in my own strength. It is so important to allow ourselves to be led by the Spirit, in these trying troublesome times.

I really do appreciate you taking to time to read my entire post and decipher it based upon each thing and not just picking out a few things, and replying based on that. When it comes to issues like this, it is very important to read and understand everything before allowing yourself to say anything..You pointed out some things, that I did not consider before.. very intersting

Favor2000

I can hear what you are saying.

star

I agree with what you are saying and it does depend on circumstances and professions. For instance people come to me frequently for advice and I tell them do you want me to tell you the truth or what you want to hear. Of course, this varies from families, strangers and friends but some of us get asked for help more than others but I do not push or shove anything on anybody because this is unnatural. At my church they always preach that we are the only bible some people may read. So it is good to live your life the best you can so we can win people over by your actions. I do counselor and mentor people and have a track record of telling people the truth in love. I do not care for "yes" people but rather for people to tell me the truth in love so I can grow but the key is having God lead you to talk to people and not doing on your own.

pearlygurl

I couldn't have said it better :)

Mahalialee4

I do agree with you that keeping the truth of God's Word to ourselves is selfish. However, I just don't remember Christ spreading his truth the way many Christians do today. When he passed by Matthew, who was a tax collector (the most vile type of Jew in Jesus' day), he didn't say, "You're going to hell. You need to repent. Stop being a tax collector so you can hang with me." No, not at all. He just said, "come follow me." And Matthew dropped what he was doing and followed. I find that in trying to preach God's word, we try to show love by condemning and judging first. Honestly, people aren't going to even hear you if they feel attacked or judged. The fact that you're right doesn't matter. A book I recently read, "The Celebration of Discipline," said that true submission is giving up the right to be right. As Christians, we're often so pressed to make sure everyone knows that we have the truth and we're gonna share it whether they like it or not that we don't submit to those we're trying to minister to. Jesus himself submitted to his followers when he washed their feet at the Pashach meal. He even washed Judas' feet knowing full well that man would betray him. How many times have we as Christians truly behaved like Christ when following the Great Commission? Maybe if we showed Christ's love to them by meeting people's practical needs without even mentioning God, sin, Christ, repentence, etc. they might just ask us themselves.

I agree with you in that our "spirit" should be right when sharing the Word, otherwise it is like ministering "death instead of life". Loud, obnoxious, and disrespectulness to others, "just because we are right", turns people off, for sure and may stumble them. Not the Word, but your behaviour. I would not be impressed to see anyone professing to be a "Christian" or a believer, hanging out in the Mall, and "hollering at people", harassing people" or "interfering with someone who obviously just wants to get as far away from you as possible" or "cornering people and beating them "figuratively" with the Bible. Personally, I keep my distance from those who make a show, to be seen by men, praying on street corners...Jesus talked about that, didn't he, when he said in Matt: 23:5: "Everything they do is for men to see." and "they love to be greeted in the market places and to have men call them "Rabbi" (teacher)". I have been loudly accosted publicly myself, and subjected to a one way barrage of loud talk and trust me, I excused myself and kept it moving! The individual had "problems....the spirit was "off" and they were not looking for INTERACTION. People like that come across as very excitable and unpredictable. bonjour

Last edited:

firecracker

IMO it's not "self righteousness". There is NONE righteous, not even one. However Jesus did say that we shall know them by their fruits, and while sanctification IS a process, when somone truly realizes what Christ sacrifice for them really means, I just can't comprehend how someone could continue in sin, knowing what Jesus suffer for. I'm not talking about a slip or fall, I'm talking about, intentional, premeditated sin. How could anyone do that to Him?

I can totally understand where your coming from but all Chrisitan's walk, bad habits, spiritual struggle etc etc isn't the same. We also don't always know what that person is doing to work on correcting old sins from the outside. Folks are phony and are more concerned with putting up a front like a good christian when in fact their doing worst stuff than some of the folks totally engrossed in the world and never read the bible.

Old habits are hard to break and remaining focused can be challenging the minute you hit the plantation, streets etc. :lachen: Uh cuz I shole can lose my religion at the devils den that I work in but thank God for his mercy and grace cause somebody was gon get shoot.

A sin is a sin so while one person's sin maybe visible to other, anothers maybe hidden purposely. We all need to deal with what is real and true.

You asked how could someone do that to God. I would challenge you to ask yourself that cuz I'm sure your path isn't and hasn't been without twist and turns.

Its a ongoing battle living in the world we live and try to walk in the light. If we could stay in the house, in the book and church I think we maybe a lil safer but then again some churches can be Peyton Places and unhealthy for ones spirit.

Christians with that oh she isn't a Christian statements usually forget the lil white lie they just told two seconds ago, the gossip they just spread last week etc. God knows the real Christians as humans we are bambozzled all the time by supposed devout and finger pointing I got the key to heaven Christians. :rolleyes: Whateva man miss me with that one.

azul11

I agree with you in that our "spirit" should be right when sharing the Word, otherwise it is like ministering "death instead of life". Loud, obnoxious, and disrespectulness to others, "just because we are right", turns people off, for sure and may stumble them. Not the Word, but your behaviour. I would not be impressed to see anyone professing to be a "Christian" or a believer, hanging out in the Mall, and "hollering at people", harassing people" or "interfering with someone who obviously just wants to get as far away from you as possible" or "cornering people and beating them "figuratively" with the Bible. Personally, I keep my distance from those who make a show, to be seen by men, praying on street corners...Jesus talked about that, didn't he, when he said in Matt: 23:5: "Everything they do is for men to see." and "they love to be greeted in the market places and to have men call them "Rabbi" (teacher)". I have been loudly accosted publicly myself, and subjected to a one way barrage of loud talk and trust me, I excused myself and kept it moving! The individual had "problems....the spirit was "off" and they were not looking for INTERACTION. People like that come across as very excitable and unpredictable. bonjour

I have personally have seen people who have shouted and yelled for people to come save their souls. It did make me wonder what their intent was for their actions? Was it to bring people closer to God or to just to make people have some sort of fear.

Whenever I have read of people choosing to come to God or even in personally experience of people drawing closer to God it wasn't the shouting loud person who made people visualize this angry God who would make you burn but it was people who said we have a better way for you. Are you sad, or lonely, do you feel an emptyness in your heart, then God can help you. It was always a calm peace, of feeling protected as if the path that you were going was leading you to death but this path was bringing you to life. How in the world are you going to feel that when someone is shouting at you, shoving flyers in your face and telling you you will rot somewhere? :perplexed God bless you all.

sexyeyes3616

Well I think that assume a Medical Ministry would be plotting to blow up abortion clinics is IMO just as bad as someone saying all Muslims are terrorists.

As far as Christians "judging," it's not that we judge or condemn anyone, it's that God has already judged and ondemned it as sin and just as Jesus did, it is our job to proclaim the Word of God, even if it's not all the fluffy "Jesus Loves Me Happy Joy Joy" versus. I find your perspective on love interesting. I believe that if you truly love some one, the biggest disservice you can do is to keep the Truth from them. Millions of people will die and go to hell in 2008 because Christians didn't have the courage to tell them the truth. It doesn't have to be in a mean, hateful way, but we at least owe it to the lost to do as JESUS commanded and fulfill the Great Commission.

Your worst enermy is someone who knows the truth but won't tell it to you. Let me ask you, if your best friend was doing drugs, or cutting, or doing something to themselves that could literally kill them, would you just sit back quietly and let them kill themselves, or would you love them enough, to exhort them to stop? Sin has the power to not only destroy the flesh, but the soul as well, for eternity, so why as Christians is it looked upon as unloving to do that for someone. I thank God that someone had the courage to tell me that sin was sin and the fact that I said a little prayer when I was 12, cried in church a couple times, and got water Baptised did not guarantee me a ticket to heaven, unlike what the modern day teaches. I was still IN sin. I continued in it because sin is made so light of because people are afraid of "offending" people and "losing members" but this false watered down Gospel is sending MILLIONS of people to hell each year. Church going people at that.

The Bible tells us to examine ourselves to see if we're in the faith. Does the fruit of our life reflect true repentence? Or do we still live like the world everyday and "play church" on Sunday? I really wish Christians would truly love the souls of men and not just worry about being "liked."

I got so convicted yesterday. I went to a mid week service and the message was on being an Ambassador For Christ, and I know I have been falling short of that. The Lord brought to mind my young cousin. He just got married and has a new baby. He called me 2 times before he was shipped off to Iraq. He's "churched" but he's not saved. Here God had given me opportunities to share the true Gospel with my cousin and I did not take them. Now he's in Iraq. If he dies over there, wow, how that will weigh on my spirit that I had the chance to share the Lord with him, and didn't take it.

He doesn't need the "Jesus loves me" message, he needed to be called to repentance to be saved. That's one issue I take with modern day Sunday school. The focus is Jesus loves you, you are a child of God etc. They have no concept of sin, repentance, self sacrifice, dying to self, and being a true follower of Christ, and as a result these kids grow up thinking they're Christians and they're not. They think they're saved and they're not. And the church and their parents don't love them enough to tell them the truth!

To me, loving someone is telling them the truth, even if it, hurts, even if they don't like it. Because God's Word will not return to Him void and surely they will THANK you for loving them enough to tell them the truth. I'm not taking about acting all crazy sreaming repent! I'm talking, just as you would do an intervention for a friend who was doing drugs, or being beaten, we need to intervine for the lost.

Sorry, so long, but this is what was on my heart when I read your post.

And with someone i care about I hate to see their souls lost. Thats why i tried to witness to my cousin about sin but she didnt recieve it she got offended. But even God gives people free will. So its up to her if she wants to build her spirit man or give into the flesh.